2007 DCC AZB/onepocket.org Members Room - Sign up now if you are a "player"

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be mailing out a check tomorrow. Unless something happens, I'll be there for the banks and the one pocket. It just wouldn't be right to not get to play some pool with some of the people from here. I'd like play you some Timberly for the next round, of course you'll have to spot me something. Thanks you guys for all your efforts in organizing this. Have a great day, Sam

T

Timberly

satman said:
I'd like play you some Timberly for the next round, of course you'll have to spot me something.
I do hate to lose but so long as I have a cold beer in my hand to ease the pain, I'll be ok. Game on.... even of course... I couldn't spot a 5 yr old, are you kidding me?!?! :p

Purdman

Banned
I'm In

I am a player, I will be there. I am sending my $25.
Purdman:D
You want a piece of me, you got it!;)

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will send check this weekend. I am a ( bad) player.

Williebetmore said:
Assuming enough players are interested (we need at least 50), we will have a private AZB/onepocket.org Members Room at the 2007 DCC. We will have at least one private, non-coinop, 9ft. table for the round-the-clock enjoyment of the contributors. We are doing our best to get 2 full size tables in a single room (we should know within 2 weeks whether this is possible) – it depends on the room size and the amount of contributions we receive (we have a good start from the AZB room raffle run by Timberly – I am optimistic that we will have 2 tables).

A $25 donation gets you playing privileges on the table. Non-contributors may also get in the room for watching or socializing, but they should let us know ahead of time so we can get them on the list. To play, however, requires an advance contribution – send your money to Timberly (I’ll post her address below). We will accept player’s donations until mid-December, NOT AFTERWARDS, NOT AT THE VENUE. All of our expenses are UP FRONT, and no one wants to chase down pool players at the venue – we are not accountants, we are pool fans and players. If you want to play, you MUST send in your donation by mid-December. Post on this thread and let us know if you are “a player.”

One of the tables will be a challenge table with a sign-up list (#1 plays #2, then #2 plays #3, then #3 plays #4, and so on), so unless the room is empty, no one will be playing more than 2 matches in a row. The games will be 9ball race to 3, onepocket race to 2, straight pool to 35 points, full rack banks race to 1, short rack banks race to 2, 8-ball race to 2. The player "at the table" decides on the game. Wagers will be whatever the 2 players agree on, but $5, $10, and $20 wagers are encouraged. Last year most players just played for fun.

The second table is yet undecided. We think it may be just for gambling. We need to hear your thoughts (if you are going to be a playing member). We will still need to restrict the length of the matches (perhaps limiting matches to race to 10 at 9-ball, race to 5 one-pocket, race to 100 straight pool, race to 6 at 8-ball).

When the pro's are there, at least one table will be a "challenge the pro" table. When a pro is there, a sign-up list will be generated; and each member should play only ONE game with the pro (though can then put his name back at the bottom of the list if he wants to play more).

Any pro’s out there, please let me know if you would be willing to play some challenges in the room. Last year we had exhibitions by Grady Mathews, Tom Simpson, Willie Jopling, Jeanette Lee, and Jerry Briesath – hopefully we can arrange some interesting sessions for the members.

Sizl has contributed a large banner and 2 smaller banners that we will use again this year.

We will need someone in charge of the room at ALL TIMES (a condition set by the DCC) so it can be locked if empty. Timberly, Steve Lomako, and I will be there for most of the duration – any volunteers to assist; please let us know.

In case of disputes/problems look up one of the 3 organizers (Timberly, Steve Lomako, myself). The ruling of the organizer is FINAL AND BINDING (even if it’s wrong). Steve is the official “Room Goon”, let’s make sure he does NOT have to assert his authority.

We're not yet sure we have any extra funds for refreshments. We can bring our own refreshments this year; and I encourage ALL MEMBERS to show generosity to the pro’s – let’s make this a place where they will like to hang out between matches. If you see a pro, buy him/her a beverage (or you’re a wanker).

We will be providing official nametags through Greg Sullivan and the DCC; probably separate from your DCC ticket, but very similar. NO ONE PLAYS WITHOUT AN OFFICIAL NAME TAG (unless he's a pro, or unless he's bigger and tougher than zeeder or Steve Lomako ). Members planning on socializing (and not contributing) should let us know, and we will get them a non-player nametag.

PLEASE WEAR YOUR NAMETAGS (I’m getting Alzheimer’s and I’m having trouble remembering your name without one).

I will post events/schedule on a different thread.

Send your donations (with your REAL NAME AND SCREEN NAME) to:

Timberly Pike
129 E. Maple St.
Palmyra, PA 17078

See you at the DCC

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Purdman said:
I am a player, I will be there. I am sending my $25.
Purdman:D
You want a piece of me, you got it!;)

Donald, what dates are you going to be there? I usually go
2nd weekend but will be going 1st weekend this year.
Hope to see you.

dacue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The check is in the mail! 11/28/06

given name- David Airehart
Az user name- dacue

Thank you
Dave

Purdman

Banned
hondo said:
Donald, what dates are you going to be there? I usually go
2nd weekend but will be going 1st weekend this year.
Hope to see you.

I will be there the 10th thru the 13th. Hope to meet you.
Don (Purdman) Purdy

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Bamacues said:
Is it possible to pay via paypal, or check/M.O. only?
Joe

Joe,
It is check/money order only. Checks need to get to Timberly by mid-December. Hope to see you at DCC (didn't we meet at 2006 DCC???).

T

Timberly

Bamacues, while I don't suggest it, you can send cash. Others have sent cash but of course made sure it was folded in paper and they took care to make sure that the money could be felt or seen through the envelope. It's totally up to you....cash, check, or money order. ;)

Here's the current players list...

Nostroke
BANKONIT
Daylate$short
Etimmons
Joe Koontz
Boradriver
Marop
Deadon

????? (Deadon pd for a friend but couldn’t remember their screen name. Will PM it to me when he finds out)

PIRANHA
Jay Helfert
KtownD
Ragbug74

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
Joe,
It is check/money order only. Checks need to get to Timberly by mid-December. Hope to see you at DCC (didn't we meet at 2006 DCC???).

Who do we make check out to? Timberly?

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Make it out to Timberly!

hondo said:
Who do we make check out to? Timberly?

See the first post of this thread...

"Send your donations (with your REAL NAME AND SCREEN NAME) to:

Timberly Pike
129 E. Maple St.
Palmyra, PA 17078

See you at the DCC"

Made my check out to Timberly Pike..

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Timberly said:
Bamacues, while I don't suggest it, you can send cash. Others have sent cash but of course made sure it was folded in paper and they took care to make sure that the money could be felt or seen through the envelope. It's totally up to you....cash, check, or money order. ;)

Nostroke
BANKONIT
Daylate$short
Etimmons
Joe Koontz
Boradriver
Marop
Deadon
PIRANHA
Jay Helfert
KtownD
Ragbug74

Timberly
Please Add elvicash my check is going out today :)

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WBM,
Was too late to get registered last year. Won't happen again. MO in mail monday Dec. 4. I will be there some time on the 5th to ? Would really enjoy meeting some of the folks that love this game as much as I do. This makes my 6th year attending. What a trend I have set!!So see you there!!!
Gary D. Gullett

Timberly, keep a lookout for my MO. thanks!

Last edited:

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Timberly, I mailed out check this morning.

Timberly said:

Nostroke
BANKONIT
Daylate$short
Etimmons
Joe Koontz
Boradriver
Marop
Deadon

????? (Deadon pd for a friend but couldn’t remember their screen name. Will PM it to me when he finds out)

PIRANHA
Jay Helfert
KtownD
Ragbug74

JOEY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi timberly

i believe i read that we need at least 50 ppl. how close are we? i wanna add 2 more, but i dont want to bother sending the check if we are not even close. let me know so i can get my check out.

take care,
joey

T

Timberly

Updated list...

Deadon, please PM me your friends screen name.

Stanton Fountain, please PM me your screen name.

Joey, between the raffle, promised contributions, and current contributions we'll have enough to cover the room itself. The idea is to raise as much as possible for mini tournaments, refreshments, and to maybe even sponsor a match up between two pro players. The more we have, the more we can do. ;)

Nostroke
BANKONIT
Daylate$short
Etimmons
Joe Koontz
Boradriver
Marop
Deadon

PIRANHA
Jay Helfert
KtownD
Ragbug74
JohnInNH
dacue
elvicash
Steev
Rip
Cornerman