is this legit? whats that pin

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gotta buddy with ALMOST the same cue. His has a standard 3/8” X10 pin though.
I have never seen one like this!

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
that's what I figured, it looks like it would add 3 ounces to the cues weight. might make a good break cue. if it wasn't for that pin ide buy it. that's a rare looking joss, never seen one, not even in their retired catalougues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that's what I figured, it looks like it would add 3 ounces to the cues weight. might make a good break cue. if it wasn't for that pin ide buy it. that's a rare looking joss, never seen one, not even in their retired catalougues

I looked at it again for you, and I'm about 75% sure I'm wrong about the noticeable weight (although your 3 ounce guess does seem correct). Those are a lot smaller than the pictures make them look, after really looking at it. I believe it does add more weight than normal, but by how much would depend on the preferred pin. Dunno... if you like it maybe get it anyways, at least you'd know if a binding barrel is a feasible option (although you could have it removed and have it filled).

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why not message the seller and ask how it ended up with that pin? They would have to have modified the shaft for this also, and not sure how well that would work, with how deep that pin goes the structure of the shaft must be weakened towards the bottom, would make it easier to crack there.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny - now bolt names are PC

"Binding bolt" are sex bolts. But that is not what is in the cue.
What is in the cue is closer to stripper bolt. Or maybe a custom stand off.

It would be interesting to know how it is retained in the butt.

smt

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
That pin has about 5mm - 6mm of thread.

What can you expect from a seller with such a dismal feedback score?

Good luck.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a custom maker doing those pins. Been featured in the gallery before.

I have it on my PC somewhere. I'll see if I can find his name.

Likely he did the work.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Why not message the seller and ask how it ended up with that pin? They would have to have modified the shaft for this also, and not sure how well that would work, with how deep that pin goes the structure of the shaft must be weakened towards the bottom, would make it easier to crack there.

youre not wrong in your thinking

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
I looked at it again for you, and I'm about 75% sure I'm wrong about the noticeable weight (although your 3 ounce guess does seem correct). Those are a lot smaller than the pictures make them look, after really looking at it. I believe it does add more weight than normal, but by how much would depend on the preferred pin. Dunno... if you like it maybe get it anyways, at least you'd know if a binding barrel is a feasible option (although you could have it removed and have it filled).

if it had a normal ( or whats considered normal) pin for cues ( 14, 18, 10, 11 thread) I would make an offer, but it could have been a job done by a guy who messes around with wood work and not cue work, and who knows what was done to it. to big a risk for 350, I wouldn't pay more than 100 as it stands as I would have it fixed and put a new shaft on it. but still, I like this cue, josses current sneaky pete model is terrible.