Ripped off?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nick, are you going to address Cue Hunter's complaint? Apparently you sold him a Scruggs, included non-original shafts by mistake and promised him a $200 refund that was not paid.

What is your recollection?

I'd like clarification on Nick saying this guy was selling a fake Scruggs, seems in bad taste to leave everyone hanging after putting the guy on blast.
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=510144

I see this might not be a isolated occurance, ideologist said he was also banned from Scrugs fb group for calling cues fake and not providing any reason or proof.
this ain't Nick's first rodeo, but he does get bucked off quite often. he said mine was a fake for a month, until he seen Bob Frey's signature on repair, never got an apology
from him, for trashing my Scruggs, oh well some get a thrill out of becoming a..es

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is not entirely so , Some Sellers do the Friends and Family because they sold the item at a loss and do not want to lose anymore than they have to in fee's. You take a item that you have $ 125 in and you sell for $ 100 then you already lost $ 25 why would you want to lose anymore in fees. I have had sellers ask me to do this and have had zero issues with it. Now if you buying say a big money item , then I could see not wanting to. If you paying $ 500 or more the guy can afford to pay fees I would assume . Not everybody's a Thief , and that is not a true sign you are getting screwed.
Then don’t use PayPal. That’s how they make money to pay their expenses. Duh.
You think the should just provide all the service they provide for free? I missed that lesson in business school. Just sayin.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then don’t use PayPal. That’s how they make money to pay their expenses. Duh.
You think the should just provide all the service they provide for free? I missed that lesson in business school. Just sayin.

I was saying this in Reference to sellers who have asked me to do this and have not been took. But only on small purchases under $100. I would not advise anyone to do this as this your choice. I only stated this as I have had sellers here who have asked me to do this and they followed thru. If you don't want to then Don't. Duh , Just sayin.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was saying this in Reference to sellers who have asked me to do this and have not been took. But only on small purchases under $100. I would not advise anyone to do this as this your choice. I only stated this as I have had sellers here who have asked me to do this and they followed thru. If you don't want to then Don't. Duh , Just sayin.

People scamming the friends and family option will eventually ruin it for everyone, be it the option being done away with or increasing their fees.

I wouldn't buy from someone who sold stuff f&f, if they will screw ebay, why wouldn't they screw you?
Cheap asses if you ask me.

I cringe seeing cues in the for sale section advertised with the f&f option, just folks out to take advantage of the system, then folks like you who enable them.

Just saying...

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
...But only on small purchases under $100.

That does not make it excusable. How long could the remain solvent if everybody did it "only on small purchases under $100".

But you're a maverick that rules don't apply to.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hunting coons can be quite profitable besides being an entertaining sport. There was a fellow over Alabama way best I recall that was selling finished coon dogs for $2500 a pop many years ago. Advertised in national magazines and such and sold a bunch of dogs, or one dog a bunch of times. Then he went to the pound and grabbed every dog they would let him have. Shipped them all over the US and then ducked underground. That little deal grossed two-hundred thousand or so, not talking small change! A friend of a friend bought one of those $2500 mongrels. Since they bought a dog and received a dog authorities on either end weren't helpful at all.

As the FBI told you, you aren't the only one getting conned in the puppy game. Now that DNA testing is possible I suspect half the bloodlines in the AKA records won't check out. Some studs are on record for siring puppies when they were never within 500 miles of the gyp! I had a well bred ChowChow back when they were rare. I could have made three or four thousand a year just letting people use his name and number. Not gonna happen!

A cousin gave five hundred cash for a local supposed to be first class coon dog. He called me to ride when he tried him. Damned dog jumped a hot trail with a raccoon in sight less than a hundred yards away. The dog took off in the other direction backtrailing and never figured things out. Those woods were full of coons and I think the dog might have been going from trail to trail. Whatever, he never treed anything. I told my cousin about daylight we had better find that SOB to go get his money back first thing.

Louisiana law was that you had to have at least one dog to go hunting raccoons. An aunt had some little furry puppies one cold night. I was going to borrow one or two as hand warmers and to pull out when the game warden asked me about my dogs. Problem was I knew the game warden well, his wife worked in my grandmother's store and his son was one of my best friends. I knew the warden had zero sense of humor when it came to his job. My aunt was willing but I didn't go jacklighting with the three week old puppies!

I have driven six hundred miles or so to buy a puppy. So easy to bait and switch I want to see what I am buying. A good chance your seller used stolen images and video and never had the puppy.

Hu
By any chance was the seller named Willie Earnest, from Parrish or Berry, Alabama?

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Really

You’re a liar. It was Christmas Day and it had blue and green veneers I believe. You lied to me and then screwed me. If money isn’t an issue then PayPal me back the $200 you said you would
Carsly3388@gmail.com

Oh and here’s the thread toolbag...... https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=301031&highlight=Scruggs

Eight years ago you say. And now long after you sell it not me there is issues? Why now do you say I wronged you? Why not when you bought the cue. All this is news to me. I would have bought the cue right back. Now eight years later you sound like a nut. Anything that happened to that cue after you owned that cue is subject to the question right buddy it was me. not you. And the 100 people that left feedback are all nuts too.
I had a bad feedback for refusing to use paypal and one someone else swapping out shafts a year later saying it was me.
It wasn't
.Why do I not have the cue? You didn't return it.
Tim and Bob did rework non Scruggs shafts to a cue for me saying they were fine after they were reworked.
Argue with them and me too.
I call BS
Nick :)

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Eight years ago you say. And now long after you sell it not me there is issues? Why now do you say I wronged you? Why not when you bought the cue. All this is news to me. I would have bought the cue right back. Now eight years later you sound like a nut. Anything that happened to that cue after you owned that cue is subject to the question right buddy it was me. not you. And the 100 people that left feedback are all nuts too.
I had a bad feedback for refusing to use paypal and one someone else swapping out shafts a year later saying it was me.
It wasn't
Tim and Bob did rework non Scruggs shafts to a cue for me saying they were fine after they were reworked.
I call BS

Eight years is a long time to ponder buyer remorse. JMHO

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't have a clue

By any chance was the seller named Willie Earnest, from Parrish or Berry, Alabama?

This was in the mid-eighties and I wasn't directly involved. I think the seller was infamous nationwide for awhile but I didn't follow up as to what happened. Pretty sure the guy that received a dog that I knew of never saw a penny back and had to find a home for a pot licker that wasn't even a hound!

Berry Alabama seems to ring a bell for some reason but I don't know if it was anything to do with this deal. This was just a hot topic when a bunch of hunters were standing around a heater gabbing. I doubt the guy sold under his real name but I guess the money came in checks and money orders so maybe he did. Information traveled a lot slower back then.

Hu

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
Not always the seller

I had a guy that bought a Predator Skotka 2 from me for $1600. The stick was perfect and had a new never shot with Predator 314 shaft with it. He paid via paypal, so I ate the $90 fee for that. The stick was in like new condition and sells for over $2400 new. It was a limited edition of 50.

Well, the guy got the stick and said that it was damaged and sent me a picture of a small blemish on the butt of the stick. When I say small it was less than .1 of an inch. He demanded that I pay $250 to get the stick refinished. When I said "Just send it back and I will give you a refund", He filled a dispute with paypal and they withdrew the money from my account. When I contacted paypal and told them I am willing to do a refund, but I want the stick back, they put a hold on the funds until it was resolved. (I actually need the money).

So when I ask he for the stick back, he said he would just keep it. I told him he needed to let paypal know so they would release the money, he said he would not do that. I talked to paypal and it took me two months for them to release the funds. Really put my poor butt in a bind.

juggernaut0629

Registered
I've been A long term member on softball boards & golf message boards. Ebay too. I have bought & sold so many items over the past 20 years. But I have NEVER sent any funds through PayPal as a gift/FF. I see this all the time here asking prices to be sent as a gift. It's just not a smart thing to do.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I've been A long term member on softball boards & golf message boards. Ebay too. I have bought & sold so many items over the past 20 years. But I have NEVER sent any funds through PayPal as a gift/FF. I see this all the time here asking prices to be sent as a gift. It's just not a smart thing to do.

I have used Pay Pal a few times, but never as a "gift" that too me is a Big Red Flag, one guy did ask I gift him, I said add the 3%, I want the assurance if thing go south, I have some protection.

Few days later he replied stating it went to another buyer. I said no big deal. Beside if everyone used "gift", soon PayPal might be bye bye.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
why are you selling or buying over the internet to a stranger?

the answer is you think you can get more than advertising locally and selling in person. or it is less work.
to get that benefit you take on added risk, whether buying or selling. some times that risk becomes real. so tough luck.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
why are you selling or buying over the internet to a stranger?

the answer is you think you can get more than advertising locally and selling in person. or it is less work.
to get that benefit you take on added risk, whether buying or selling. some times that risk becomes real. so tough luck.

Many of us here on AZB have sold, and bought from people we will never meet. Most of our over all transaction go fine. We do not talk about good one, just the ones that go south.

MANPUSS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what this forum needs is a good seller /bad seller feedback forum . the watch forums im on people use the feedbacks as a great tool to see if someone is up and up .

ive seen watches sell for over 30,000 all the time . paypal or escrow .

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
what this forum needs is a good seller /bad seller feedback forum . the watch forums im on people use the feedbacks as a great tool to see if someone is up and up .

It has I-Trader, your is ZERO. Nothing good, nothing bad, no activity.

It wasn't
I call BS
If you read my first post nitwit, I did mention the day after I got the cue and you said tough titty on return and that you messed up and switched shafts but now you sold the one I was supposed to get so I was effed.....then after I threatened to expose you you offered $200 to not and to make it right......you never shipped The cash nutbag.....and I brought it up he day after I received cue......reading is fundamental. I have 100 positive feedback. Do you?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

It has I-Trader, your is ZERO. Nothing good, nothing bad, no activity.

There is also the Buyer / Seller transaction report. It is a green sticky in the main Want Ads forum.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=42254

BadEnglish

Registered
Well we have shared much info, it is good to know PAYPALS guarantee is BS, hope the original problem resolved it self without a Trip to buyer how by a guy known as Rock Out Lights-out Rock O.

PayPal has no buyer protection if you use Friends & Family. That's the issue. Technically, even using it for purchasing products is against their terms of service as it bypasses the fees. Most of the time they let it go, but they won't support any claims if you get ripped off.