The story behind the Jackot cues

Status
Not open for further replies.

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I say "make" I am talking about having "input" on how the cue was made.

I'm was not implying that Jack was sitting behind a lathe churning out cues and I figured everybody else was smart enough to know that from the beginning. If I'm smarter than the rest of you, then that not my problem.

I knew they were experimenting with tapers, ferrules, lengths, etc. and trying to come up with what they thought everyone would like before they had them made. I have shafts with different lengths, different tapers, and different ferrules and it wasn't because the maker screwed up and wasn't paying attention. They were designed like that as an "experiment". I like all of the shafts I have. They are super smooth and all play good. So, like I said, I don't have any problem with my stuff.

So, I'll say the same to you as I did the other guy.
Do..... you think.....it's ok for Dean to fraudulently sell cues? Yes? Or No?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I say "Ford" made a car, I'm not implying "Henry Ford" made it down on the assembly line. Somebody else made it with his idea. I think he is dead.

And Henry Ford never said he personally built every car, unlike Dean who specifically said "Jack was going to borrow machinery to make the cues", I guess when he said "borrow machinery", what he really meant is Dave does the work and Jack never sees any machinery.

*rolls eyes*

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do..... you think.....it's ok for Dean to fraudulently sell cues? Yes? Or No?

Ask somebody who was defrauded.

Were you defrauded when you were watching the Wizard of OZ as a kid?

Maybe you still think like a kid.

Maybe I was smart enough to look behind the curtain before I asked the Wizard for something.

The Lion wanted Courage.

The Tin Man wanted a Heart.

The Scare Crow wanted a Brain.

I wanted a Cue.

I had heart, and I had a brain, so I used my courage to go behind the curtains and see what was going before I asked the Wizard about ordering a cue.

Happy.

No complaints here.

I like to play pool.

What do you play?

Attachments

• wc fields.jpg
    wc fields.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 188

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Maybe I was smart enough to look behind the curtain before I asked the Wizard for something.

The Lion wanted Courage.

I wanted a Cue.

I had heart, and I had a brain, so I used my courage to go behind the curtains and see what was going before I asked the Wizard about ordering a cue.

Happy.

No complaints here.

I like to play pool.

What do you play?
Since you can't answer a simple question, you're either not as smart as you think you are, or you are happy to see Dean defraud people who aren't you. Disgraceful, either way.

targuy

Registered
A body of law known as Consumers Rights Law, governed by the Consumer Protection Bureau and overseen by the Federal Trade Commission, exists at federal and state level. It’s enforced by government agencies, offices of attorneys general, and through individual and class-action lawsuits.

These laws are to hold sellers of goods and services accountable, regardless of dollar value, when they seek to profit by taking advantage of a consumer’s misinformation, lack of information, or bargaining power.

These laws are in place to protect the public at large. It is not the purview of select individuals or groups to decide how these laws are to be applied based on their expressed favorable opinions and/or experiences with fraudulent sellers.

In non legalese, 10 of 10 attesting a fraud didn’t occur is irrelevant when a fact pattern proves otherwise. (think supportive and willing participants in Ponzi schemes and other like pyramid schemes)

Interestingly enough, the voices of the most ardent denying an alleged fraud actually occurred are usually absent during a case disposition for fear of being found out and subsequently charged themselves as co-conspirators.

Unless a class-action lawsuit in play, as was previously alluded to in this thread, filing an individual lawsuit many times may not be worth the time, effort, and expense. However, consumers do have option of filing a complaint with federal or state authorities in an attempt to have sanctions brought against a fraudulent seller. At the very least, this filing establishes a record, a history, usually detrimental.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member

The Lion wanted Courage.

I wanted a Cue.

Happy.

No complaints here.

I like to play pool.

What do you play?

This is where your story falls apart. Why would anyone pay $500-$600 (depending on batch) for a "supposedly" custom cue when you could have just ordered one from Schmelke for half the price? You got bamboozled just like the others but you're just to proud and into your explanations to deep to admit it.

If you, in a previous post, are saying that you knew your cue wasn't built by Jack Potter (with Dean's input), did you know or try to find out who made it before you acquired yours?

Surely if you knew that Jack/Dean just bought a large batch of Schmelke production cues and sold them as "custom" cues, I would think it foolish to purchase (or trade) one that you could have just ordered yourself from Schmelke for a lot less.

You may be alright with your acquisition as you say, but regardless of your happiness with your cue transaction, Dean fraudulently misrepresented that line of cues and other purchasers have every right to be upset with that fact. It was basically Dean taking $200-$300 out of other peoples pocket.

If that would have happened to me, I not only would have demanded a refund, but I would have insisted he reimburse me for any shipping costs I may have accrued.

What he did was wrong. You can deny it all you want, but it doesn't change the facts.

I will never be doing any deals with Dean....ever.

Retort all you want, but I'm done here (and on any other deanoc thread).

Maniac

Last edited:

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since you can't answer a simple question, you're either not as smart as you think you are, or you are happy to see Dean defraud people who aren't you. Disgraceful, either way.

Well since there was no retort, I guess this confirms that you are disgraceful. Glad we're on the same page.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A body of law known as Consumers Rights Law, governed by the Consumer Protection Bureau and overseen by the Federal Trade Commission, exists at federal and state level. It’s enforced by government agencies, offices of attorneys general, and through individual and class-action lawsuits.

These laws are to hold sellers of goods and services accountable, regardless of dollar value, when they seek to profit by taking advantage of a consumer’s misinformation, lack of information, or bargaining power.

These laws are in place to protect the public at large. It is not the purview of select individuals or groups to decide how these laws are to be applied based on their expressed favorable opinions and/or experiences with fraudulent sellers.

In non legalese, 10 of 10 attesting a fraud didn’t occur is irrelevant when a fact pattern proves otherwise. (think supportive and willing participants in Ponzi schemes and other like pyramid schemes)

Interestingly enough, the voices of the most ardent denying an alleged fraud actually occurred are usually absent during a case disposition for fear of being found out and subsequently charged themselves as co-conspirators.

Unless a class-action lawsuit in play, as was previously alluded to in this thread, filing an individual lawsuit many times may not be worth the time, effort, and expense. However, consumers do have option of filing a complaint with federal or state authorities in an attempt to have sanctions brought against a fraudulent seller. At the very least, this filing establishes a record, a history, usually detrimental.

This is the city: Los Angeles, California. I work here. I carry a badge.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The sad thing about this thread is people who have never owned a Jackpot, hit with a Jackpot, or even seen a Jackpot in person, all of a sudden know everything there is to know about the Jackpot Cue.

Reading as much as I can stand to read about the Jackpot Cue, I am confused as one owner has stated he's happy with his Jackpot and its NSF. Another member bought one "second hand", was not happy with his Jackpot Cue, and Dean refunded the guy money. That was a generous gesture on Dean's part, as the guy was a second owner. IMHO

Apprently there were like a total of 24 Jackpots made, deliever, two owner state their likes, and dislike publicly. 22 other owners remain silent.

Dean hyped his offering to sell Cues just like other sellers are doing in the AZB today, yesterday, and maybe tomarrow in the Wanted & For Sale Section on AZB. Words like, Monster, Plays Lights Out, Holy Grail, Hits Great, and other creative words that are used all the time to make people come to their ad to look. Who will be the next seller to trashed for creative writing?

Then comes the guestion of who built the Jackpots, and who's design & specification were use to build the Jackpot Cues?

Well then I think of this company in Sin City (aka Las Vegas, NV) who is known to make, a great playing Cue. Want one, well there is a 12 - 14 year wait, or buy today on secondary market if you can find one. Started by a guy named Jerry, that Jerry died, now his widow runs the company, and her helpers (staff) builds the Cues, that still are know by the name the guy who started the company gave his Cues. So if you get one are you worried about who built it, or just feeing lucky to own?

Several well know cuemakers have apprentices, or shop helper doing some of the work, but the builder puts his name on the Cue. So who really built the Cue? Master, or Helper? Unless you supervised the production everyday of the build. You do not know 110%.

Think most real pool players want a tool that feels good, pockets objects balls, and leaves the cue ball in position for a next easy shot. Some Pro Player actually get paid to use a certain brand of Cue. Remember when Allison Fisher was useing Cue-tech. Guess they were wonderful Cue?

Then you have the Pool Cue Collectors they want what I call safe queen beauties, full of inlay, blind, Ivory. What I call funtional Art. Or Cues that were owned by & played with by famous players, or makers like Gus Samboti, or maybe George Balabushka, and the list goes on. Most of the safe queen get put away. My friend Steve aka Tikkler had an awesome collection. Think few ever hit a ball.

So when you decide you need a NEW do you want something that play great, or a safe queen?

Me I like something that feels good to me, Spins the Cue Ball, Pockets the Object Balls, and last let me Control the Object Ball in a good Position for my Next Shot. Or if I am play Safe, Left's me accomplish that mission.

Feels good to me is a personal thing. Guy I know has a Cue from this well know maker, to me it do feel right, it from end heavy. I do not like the balance point, he loves it. Personal preference. His is nose heavy, or he might like a different balance point.

Why are all these people crying the blues when they never bought nothing from Dean? Had no dealing with Dean?

I have decide to blame being coop up by COVID-19, and many not being allow to go play pool.

Thank goodness I have Cigars, Books, the Radio to keep my mind occupied.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The sad thing about this thread is people who have never owned a Jackpot, hit with a Jackpot, or even seen a Jackpot in person, all of a sudden know everything there is to know about the Jackpot Cue.

Reading as much as I can stand to read about the Jackpot Cue, I am confused as one owner has stated he's happy with his Jackpot and its NSF. Another member bought one "second hand", was not happy with his Jackpot Cue, and Dean refunded the guy money. That was a generous gesture on Dean's part, as the guy was a second owner. IMHO

Apprently there were like a total of 24 Jackpots made, deliever, two owner state their likes, and dislike publicly. 22 other owners remain silent.

Dean hyped his offering to sell Cues just like other sellers are doing in the AZB today, yesterday, and maybe tomarrow in the Wanted & For Sale Section on AZB. Words like, Monster, Plays Lights Out, Holy Grail, Hits Great, and other creative words that are used all the time to make people come to their ad to look. Who will be the next seller to trashed for creative writing?

Then comes the guestion of who built the Jackpots, and who's design & specification were use to build the Jackpot Cues?

Well then I think of this company in Sin City (aka Las Vegas, NV) who is known to make, a great playing Cue. Want one, well there is a 12 - 14 year wait, or buy today on secondary market if you can find one. Started by a guy named Jerry, that Jerry died, now his widow runs the company, and her helpers (staff) builds the Cues, that still are know by the name the guy who started the company gave his Cues. So if you get one are you worried about who built it, or just feeing lucky to own?

Several well know cuemakers have apprentices, or shop helper doing some of the work, but the builder puts his name on the Cue. So who really built the Cue? Master, or Helper? Unless you supervised the production everyday of the build. You do not know 110%.

Think most real pool players want a tool that feels good, pockets objects balls, and leaves the cue ball in position for a next easy shot. Some Pro Player actually get paid to use a certain brand of Cue. Remember when Allison Fisher was useing Cue-tech. Guess they were wonderful Cue?

Then you have the Pool Cue Collectors they want what I call safe queen beauties, full of inlay, blind, Ivory. What I call funtional Art. Or Cues that were owned by & played with by famous players, or makers like Gus Samboti, or maybe George Balabushka, and the list goes on. Most of the safe queen get put away. My friend Steve aka Tikkler had an awesome collection. Think few ever hit a ball.

So when you decide you need a NEW do you want something that play great, or a safe queen?

Me I like something that feels good to me, Spins the Cue Ball, Pockets the Object Balls, and last let me Control the Object Ball in a good Position for my Next Shot. Or if I am play Safe, Left's me accomplish that mission.

Feels good to me is a personal thing. Guy I know has a Cue from this well know maker, to me it do feel right, it from end heavy. I do not like the balance point, he loves it. Personal preference. His is nose heavy, or he might like a different balance point.

Why are all these people crying the blues when they never bought nothing from Dean? Had no dealing with Dean?

I have decide to blame being coop up by COVID-19, and many not being allow to go play pool.

Exhibit A.

Do not trust this poster.

I will be doing an in depth investigation for everyone here to see.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who can read and make sense of your posts? Between the misspellings,incorrect assumptions and the babbling...

Dean said the maker of libra cues was making the jackpots and that was an outright lie. Fraud. End of chapter.

Whether somebody likes it or gets a refund from the 'almost been caught stealing' fund is all secondary to the fraud.

It isn't that hard to see.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exhibit A.

Do not trust this poster.

I will be doing an in depth investigation for everyone here to see.

Don't waste your time. All you'll find is a bunch of typos and arguing of both sides by the same poster.

Ever seen the X-ray of Homer Simpson's head?

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

By posting this, are you saying that Dean's fraudulent behavior is acceptable? Yes, or No?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
By posting this, are you saying that Dean's fraudulent behavior is acceptable? Yes, or No?

Made information available for people to think on. Use to listen to this guy on the Radio in Sacramento Talk Radio, he lean to left. Not far left, but to the left.

He use to say give people information to think on, maybe they will change the way them think.

He never attacked like Morton Downey Jr., the guy I spoke of was polite, and stated his case for intelligent folks to think on. But you have to have an open mind.:wink:

Life is a great teacher, if you look in all directions. Think for yourself grasshopper, use your mind to make your own decisions.

Last edited:

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Made information available for people to think on. Use to listen to this guy on the Radio in Sacramento Talk Radio, he lean to left. Not far left, but to the left.

He use to say give people information to think on, maybe they will change the way them think.

He never attacked like Morton Downey Jr., the guy I spoke of was polite, and stated his case for intelligent folks to think on. But you have to have an open mind.:wink:

Life is a great teacher, if you look in all directions.
Ok...deflection doesn't count as an answer, so we will try again.

Do
You
Condone
Dean's
Fraudulent
Actions
Yes
Or
No?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
When I say "Ford" made a car, I'm not implying "Henry Ford" made it down on the assembly line. Somebody else made it with his idea. I think he is dead.

Your analogy is 110% Correct, who made your Ford Car, I bet a team of people.

Ford many years ago made a big deal, in ad campaign about attaching the Ford Logo to each Car, said something about quailty goes in before the name goes on.

This was their pushback to.

F= Fix
O= Or
R= Repair
D= Daily

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

It's so cute that you still think this is about the quality of Schmelke cues.

Sent from the future.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Hoping these Dean threads get frozen.

I can't help but ponder how different things would have been if we found out Dennis Searing had built them. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.