Pocket Reducers

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hit a few balls into the corner pocket tonight with a pocket reducer on. Forgot how small they make the pockets. I missed a lot of shots. I was hitting my nemesis shot(s), that being straight-in shots. Follow, Stun, Draw.

Just wondering what some of the instructors or more knowledgeable players on here think of Pocket Reducers? And does anybody ever use them?

r/DCP

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hit a few balls into the corner pocket tonight with a pocket reducer on. Forgot how small they make the pockets. I missed a lot of shots. I was hitting my nemesis shot(s), that being straight-in shots. Follow, Stun, Draw.

Just wondering what some of the instructors or more knowledgeable players on here think of Pocket Reducers? And does anybody ever use them?

r/DCP
I think it's better to mark the center of the pocket and strive to drive each ball over the mark.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with Bob and PJ...you don't need gimmicks. You need a straight stroke!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
But, depending on the shot, the center of the pocket can change.
If you mark the right spot, the center is nearly constant. Maybe you can figure it out for yourself; ask yourself where a single "center" has to be if there is one. That is, a single spot on the table that you could mark with a donut and use for essentially all shots as your target for that pocket.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
If you mark the right spot, the center is nearly constant. Maybe you can figure it out for yourself; ask yourself where a single "center" has to be if there is one. That is, a single spot on the table that you could mark with a donut and use for essentially all shots as your target for that pocket.
What are the pocketing obstacles from all directions?

pj
chgo