What is your high run in 14.1?

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't recall any similar threads.
My high run, you ask....a prodigious 29.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
34 but I have decided to beat that this year. I truly suck at straight pool...ask Measurman. Last year I played Measurman and he had three runs of 30+ in one game and I don't think he was trying very hard.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Tough game. In 2017 I finally decided to try the game and after 2-3 months I ran 55 on a tough 9 foot table with dirty cloth and dirty balls. I do have it on video, since I have 2 cameras over my table. I recall that I had too literally shoot my butt off to do it. I haven't really played it since, other than an very rare try to practice breaking out balls.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
34 but I have decided to beat that this year. I truly suck at straight pool...ask Measurman. Last year I played Measurman and he had three runs of 30+ in one game and I don't think he was trying very hard.

if you would open your wallet and spring for a Lucasi like he has then you'd be a lock to break your pb. :grin:

it's been many moons but I was in the low to mid 40's a couple times but don't remember exactly the #s. I don't think I've played straight pool more than maybe twice in the last 15 years.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't recall any similar threads.
My high run, you ask....a prodigious 29.
In the 14.1 sub-forum ( https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61 ), there is a sticky thread for members to post their high runs for the year. Below is the current list. Sometimes people also post videos of their runs. Previous years are also available.

1. 121 - stevekur1, Jan 26
2. 99 - marek, Apr 11
3. 98 - Bob Jewett, Apr 2
4. 90 - Poolmanis, Jan 31 VIDEO-90
5, 84 - 14-1StraightMan, Feb 4
6. 45 - Hal2, Jan 10
7. 42 - ChrisinNC, Jan 2 (10ft)
8. 42 - Samiel, Mar 3
9. 31 - DJKeys, Apr 8
10. 31 - michae4, Feb 11
11. 28 - peppersauce, Feb 22 VIDEO-28
12. 21 - RobMan, Feb 3
13. 20 - Texas Carom Club, Mar 9
14. 7 - Positively Ralf, Feb 3

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played it for a couple weeks straight
2 years ago and hit 70. Have not played
much since. On a pro cut 9ft

Last edited:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
High 30s, it's been quite a while and haven't played a game in years and years.

Edit: When asked, I usually say "9";)

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
if you would open your wallet and spring for a Lucasi like he has then you'd be a lock to break your pb. :grin:

it's been many moons but I was in the low to mid 40's a couple times but don't remember exactly the #s. I don't think I've played straight pool more than maybe twice in the last 15 years.

Brian I would almost try anything. I have been working on my rotation game for about five years now and have always played eight ball well. I am just about old enough to start playing one pocket. Straight pool is not my favorite game to practice:eek:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
22!! _I think it was the ONLY time i ever got through a break shot. I once played and quit losing 80-12 or so where i had at least 6 wide open tables and a hi-run of 2!!! Frustrating game for me -Ive had higher runs in 9 Ball-3 packs a few times.

chuckg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi run

67 on an easy 9 ft over 5 years ago.I am overjoyed when I can get 5 or 6 playing one hole.The elusive 8 and out has been very infrequent.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
high run that i remember a railbird counting is 101.
i didn't even know it until he told me.
and he said he didn't pick up the count until the second rack so it could have been a few more or less.
might have been a couple runs higher but I never really counted the balls just racks.
the only runs that really mattered were the run outs for the cheese.