Sky Woodward - Record "24" ?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I KNEW there was a trick!

I can do it too, then:grin-square:

"i take BIH behind line, shit OB in corner and CB stops before touching "any" rail."

Hahahaha. You da man. Post it iup.

Lol.... its a 9' pro-am. Im sure you can figure it out...lol.

As for a vid, ill put one up as soon as i can if i don't already have some footage of the shot.

Just to make sure were on same page:

OB is on spot, i take BIH behind line, shit OB in corner and CB stops before touching "any" rail.

All it is, is a "pocket speed" spot shot. Im talking speed where the OB almost dont fall.

If you just have to see it, ill make darn sure to do it just for m-man BB.

Laters baby.....

BTW.......Yur-momma wears concrete combat boots.

Lol....

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Talking about shooting spot shots and not touching a rail.
But you were talking about various distances from a cushion such as "I put the CB inside 1.5 diamonds from end rail.....not after contact with OB." which to me is indecipherable and it seems to be indecipherable to others as well.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I KNEW there was a trick!

I can do it too, then:grin-square:

"i take BIH behind line, shit OB in corner and CB stops before touching "any" rail."

Hahahaha. You da man. Post it iup.

Lol.... i just realized the word shot word replaced by shit... typing on my phone sucks.

I'm the man? Well, if im the man, everyone is in big trouble.

Seriously though, where is the trick? Im not following you, as usual.

Put ob on spot, take bih, shoot the ob in corner and cb stops rolling before it hits a rail. Sometimes im able to stop it 12" to 14" from foot rail. Sometimes only 7" to 9" ....then again, sometimes i almost hit the end rail.

Im not sure, but, i think it has something to do with humidity or something because some days i cant even get close but, other days it seems much easier.

What you think?

BTW BB, you made a comment earlier about "me" being the one starting the "show a vid or it ain't true crap" which is in no way true.

Not long after joining someone ask me about my ghost play. I answered their questions. Well, i got to wondering hiw others thought about ghost play rules and started a thread.

Guess what? Hell, man, it didn't take 30 minutes and probably 10 people more or less said i was a liar unless i posted videos.

BB, i like a joke and trust me, im not sensitive in the least but, the keyboard tough guy stuff was something i wasn't use to but, i quickly adapted.

Bottom line:

All the a55hats the called me out went silent after i posted up and then dug through their post history and ask them to back their talk up the way i did.

You know what they say about living in a glass house and throwing rocks? Well, some on here live in a glass house but, lol... they love to throw rocks.

They can get away with that shit online but, i can only imagine what type players or even what type men they are in life it self.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The no-rail spot shot has been discussed here multiple times. Many report that if they put the cue ball near the side rail and slow-roll the cue ball they can make the object ball without touching a cushion -- the cue ball stops an inch or three from the foot cushion. It requires a little touch. It also requires a cue ball that is the same weight as the object ball or lighter. Much heavier and the slow-roll shot gets harder or impossible.

There is also the masse spot shot that Efren (and evidently Corey) shoot in which the cue ball stops nearly dead on contact with the object ball (and the object ball is pocketed, of course). This shot requires something like 45 degrees of elevation.

I have seen the spot shot made with the masse setup but instead of stopping on contact, the cue ball came straight back up the table about a diamond towards the kitchen.

Boston Shorty was reported to have bet on a spot shot into the side pocket using a severely hooking masse shot. The report did not say how many tries he wanted. With the right equipment I think that would be a one-hour shot for even money for someone who had practiced it and understood masse shots. The shot is best done on new cloth belonging to someone who is not present.:wink:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But you were talking about various distances from a cushion such as "I put the CB inside 1.5 diamonds from end rail.....not after contact with OB." which to me is indecipherable and it seems to be indecipherable to others as well.

I was posting from ER while waiting for test results to come back.

Look, i thought the damn spot shot the thread was about......was a no rail spot shot.

I dont think it take.a w9rld beater to do it.

This is as clear as i know how to say it:

Put the OB on the spot

Take bih at string

Shoot the OB in corner without CB touching a rail

The further the CB stays from end rail.....the harder it is to make OB.

The 1.5 diamonds was a guess (from memory) about drills from the past about how far the cb was from foot rail after stopping. I know i got one to stop at 14 " from foot rail but on average 7" to 9" is whag i get.

Would humidity play a role in that? Or does dirty/worn cloth/balls play a bigger role?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take it easy on us...

I've came to know...

LOLLOLOLOL..... at least half a dozen rail birds almost fell to the floor laughing...

I'm a man of my word, I gave him my word and as long as he chills out I will keep my word and not say anything further.

Bottom line:

Dont take shit for granted, insist for videos, creditable witnesses etc.. otherwise I'm to the point of just saying BS and move on.

Sorry for the long post. I know many of you have felt with this stuff before, as I have. I guess from time to time we (i) need to vent about such things.

Rake << nothing special but, I can and will back up what I claim. Recorder's are cheap.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190622-192326.jpg
    Screenshot_20190622-192326.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 231

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just messed with the shot for a couple minutes and I wouldn't bet I could leave cb <16cm from end rail...and I'd want 15-20 tries to do 16.

9' gc4...olden simonis and super pro balls.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/AIieUcVPBHI

Using the near or far jaw makes a difference. First shot is far jaw and a little too fast but stops shorter than the second shot, which is absolute pocket weight but on the near jaw.

Done on a basically new cloth with tournament pro aramith balls. Both stopped around 5cm short of the bottom rail. I’d like to see 15 cm.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just messed with the shot for a couple minutes and I wouldn't bet I could leave cb <16cm from end rail...and I'd want 15-20 tries to do 16.

9' gc4...olden simonis and super pro balls.

How much does the cb weigh compared to the ob? It makes a huge difference.

Use a cb thats say ....5.70 to 5.75 oz and an ob thats 5.96 oz and it makes a big difference.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/AIieUcVPBHI

Using the near or far jaw makes a difference. First shot is far jaw and a little too fast but stops shorter than the second shot, which is absolute pocket weight but on the near jaw.

Done on a basically new cloth with tournament pro aramith balls. Both stopped around 5cm short of the bottom rail. I’d like to see 15 cm.

In my neck of the woods, you can move the cb forward a bit more.

We go by the contact point of cb, not the edges. That helps a great deal.

Also, have you weighed your cb and ob?

I always use the heaviest ob (5.96 oz) and my lightest cb (5.75 oz).

With a newer cb, what you show in your vid is close to what ive done in the past. Also, shoot for the thick side of pocket, not to mention, you can take a bit off the stroke as your ob is a good bit more than pocket speed.

Good shooting.

I looked through my vids and i dont have that particular shot saved but, as soon as I get enough time, I will put a vid up.

Shuddy

Silver Member
In my neck of the woods, you can move the cb forward a bit more.

We go by the contact point of cb, not the edges. That helps a great deal.

Also, have you weighed your cb and ob?

I always use the heaviest ob (5.96 oz) and my lightest cb (5.75 oz).

With a newer cb, what you show in your vid is close to what ive done in the past. Also, shoot for the thick side of pocket, not to mention, you can take a bit off the stroke as your ob is a good bit more than pocket speed.

Good shooting.

I looked through my vids and i dont have that particular shot saved but, as soon as I get enough time, I will put a vid up.

Yeah, the second shot was basically dead on pocket weight but went thin. I suspect thick would have taken another 3 or 4 cm off the CB.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, the second shot was basically dead on pocket weight but went thin. I suspect thick would have taken another 3 or 4 cm off the CB.

Yes sir, at least that much.

Ive not had much energy/time to spend at table lately so, what time i do get for now will be spent playing 14.1.

After things get back to normal and im able to spend my normal time and energy at table Im gonna spend a little time on it.

I tried today for about 15 minutes and i realized I just eat up about 15 minutes of time to play 14.1 because im having to look after my wife for now. She's getting better and i thought a couple weeks ago she was at a point where she was ok but, a set back was in our future. It happens.

Anyways, IMO, going by what I saw in your vid, if you had hit that second shot a little thicker and a tad easier, you would have stopped at least a few inches earlier, which would have put you in ballpark of where i try for when doing that drill.

Think back to shots while playing in competition where you thought you missed due to shooting to easy and the ob acted like it was gonna stay on table but, drops at the last second. Well, thats the speed that I was able to stay a couple inches on the spot side of the last diamond.

It takes some (people like me) way more practice time to get there than it does others but, it's doable.

Some may not think they can do it but, if they put enough effort into it they would see they can. Especially if their equipment (balls/felt) conditions are optimal, that in itself makes a huge difference.

I would never ruin a cue ball just to shoot that shot but, if you happen to ha cb thaold and worn down, use it with a newer ob and you'll see what im talking about if you dont already.

Have a good one,

Jeff

Shuddy

Silver Member
Yes sir, at least that much.

Ive not had much energy/time to spend at table lately so, what time i do get for now will be spent playing 14.1.

After things get back to normal and im able to spend my normal time and energy at table Im gonna spend a little time on it.

I tried today for about 15 minutes and i realized I just eat up about 15 minutes of time to play 14.1 because im having to look after my wife for now. She's getting better and i thought a couple weeks ago she was at a point where she was ok but, a set back was in our future. It happens.

Anyways, IMO, going by what I saw in your vid, if you had hit that second shot a little thicker and a tad easier, you would have stopped at least a few inches earlier, which would have put you in ballpark of where i try for when doing that drill.

Think back to shots while playing in competition where you thought you missed due to shooting to easy and the ob acted like it was gonna stay on table but, drops at the last second. Well, thats the speed that I was able to stay a couple inches on the spot side of the last diamond.

It takes some (people like me) way more practice time to get there than it does others but, it's doable.

Some may not think they can do it but, if they put enough effort into it they would see they can. Especially if their equipment (balls/felt) conditions are optimal, that in itself makes a huge difference.

I would never ruin a cue ball just to shoot that shot but, if you happen to ha cb thaold and worn down, use it with a newer ob and you'll see what im talking about if you dont already.

Have a good one,

Jeff

Man , I wish I was recording. I stopped the cueball one diamond from the rail. No side, just a plain ball hit. Now I’m trying it with check side/inside english, and a little swerve to see how far I can push it.

Damn you! For two reasons: I’m now obsessed with seeing how short I can stop it, and playing at absolute dead weight has mad me realise my table has a slight roll off on this particular angle. And I just had the damn thing leveled!

Shuddy

Silver Member
I think something funny happened.

Don’t think so. I posted a video on the previous page stopping it 5or 6 cm from the rail, and expressing my incredulity at stopping it 15cm from the rail. As I matter of interest I shot the it a few more times before hitting the sack this evening. Thick side of the pocket, dead weight, no kicks on contact, and CB held up millimeters past the first diamond from the bottom rail. I’m now pushing my incredulity to 1.5 diamonds without shenanigans (swerve, etc).

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don’t think so. I posted a video on the previous page stopping it 5or 6 cm from the rail, and expressing my incredulity at stopping it 15cm from the rail. As I matter of interest I shot the it a few more times before hitting the sack this evening. Thick side of the pocket, dead weight, no kicks on contact, and CB held up millimeters past the first diamond from the bottom rail. I’m now pushing my incredulity to 1.5 diamonds without shenanigans (swerve, etc).
To satisfy the question of ball weight, you could try reversing the two balls.

I have played the shot quite a few times in the past and had pretty good speed on the object ball and never stopped the cue ball anywhere near that short. I have a 9-foot table with 5-inch pockets available.

Which way is your roll? How long is your table?