Is this shot legit?

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Aha, I know how to do that!

Mine was a shot that goes three rails....THEN it massés....:confused:

I got no credit with reddit...:mad:

Jessie had a weighted cue ball behind the counter. It rolled pretty straight until you went three rails. When I was a kid we spent hours trying to make the usual three rail test shot on a table. The roll looked normal until it came off the third rail then it would hook unpredictably! My bet on three rails and then masse is a weighted cue ball.

Hu

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sayginer does some incredible stuff.
Bloomdahl says I cant believe what I see.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WHAT shot(s)??? All i get is bad gateway on every one of those links.

The links I posted worked for me to check them, then stopped working after 2-3 views.

I think reddit has something that allows them to not be linked to.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The shot I saw was a variation of this shot...but it was on a pool table...
...and more dramatic.....how the hell do you do that on a pool cloth?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfEH-yxx1T8

The same way the carom player probably did it -- slippery equipment. Silicone spray or wax on the cue ball, and/or new cloth. Most owners of new cloth are bothered by such shots so you can only practice the shots when they aren't around.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It isnt that hard on a "pool" table.
Its not as dramatic :p

That masse can be used when the first rail of 3 to the corner isnt available.

We have a new young guy playing bar league. In 3 months , playinf 2 nights a week , he may have ran 5 racks. He executed 2 very difficult masses replies to safeties. He dang near pocketed both shots. These were shots that when jacked up to almost 90° my buddies and I just rolled our eyes.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The same way the carom player probably did it -- slippery equipment. Silicone spray or wax on the cue ball, and/or new cloth. Most owners of new cloth are bothered by such shots so you can only practice the shots when they aren't around.

What freaks me out, Bob, is that the shot was done on POOL cloth.
...a cue ball will spin a lot longer on carom cloth so I expect some miracles relatively.
....the cue masséd AFTER hitting the third rail.

And how do you write the past tense of “massé”?