Case opinions please?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen these and am intrigued by them.

But in that price range I would consider a JB rugged case first.

You have several Katana cases, so I am wondering what you think of them. Since you have several I assume you like them or you would not have several of them.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
I have seen these and am intrigued by them.

But in that price range I would consider a JB rugged case first.

You have several Katana cases, so I am wondering what you think of them. Since you have several I assume you like them or you would not have several of them.

I actually bought that one @ 2 weeks ago. I am very satisfied with it. I like Katana VERY much. I assume they're Japanese and I have an affinity for their culture, art, etc... I was just wondering what YOUR opinion would be.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, I would guess they are made in China, same as Katana shafts.

Though Katana is a Japanese sword, in this case it is just a product name developed for marketing purposes.

I have thought their 1x1 looked cool. I don't remember seeing a 1x2 but think it would be cool. Kind of like a modern Felini type case. Nice for storage and carry, but no room for any accessories.

I have almost bought a 1x1 several times out of curiosity.

I think they look great. I have never held one so I can't comment on anything like that.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Actually, I would guess they are made in China, same as Katana shafts.

Though Katana is a Japanese sword, in this case it is just a product name developed for marketing purposes.

I have thought their 1x1 looked cool. I don't remember seeing a 1x2 but think it would be cool. Kind of like a modern Felini type case. Nice for storage and carry, but no room for any accessories.

I have almost bought a 1x1 several times out of curiosity.

I think they look great. I have never held one so I can't comment on anything like that.

I don't think they make a 1x2. I have their 1x1 and 2x2 and now the 2x4. The technology for both the 1x1 and 2x2 is, as far as I have seen, singular. There is no clasp. The top stays closed via friction, almost a velcro application.

If you think China, then I'll go with that. The aesthetic is similar enough, I suppose, to the untrained eye, of which I certainly qualify. :)

I would say, since you've had interest, you should get the 1x1. I think you would appreciate it. All three of mine seem to be extremely well made, which was one of my main considerations.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think they make a 1x2. I have their 1x1 and 2x2 and now the 2x4. The technology for both the 1x1 and 2x2 is, as far as I have seen, singular. There is no clasp. The top stays closed via friction, almost a velcro application.

If you think China, then I'll go with that. The aesthetic is similar enough, I suppose, to the untrained eye, of which I certainly qualify. :)

I would say, since you've had interest, you should get the 1x1. I think you would appreciate it. All three of mine seem to be extremely well made, which was one of my main considerations.

What is the interior like? How tightly does it hold the cues? Could you take a pic of it?

Michael Andros

Silver Member
What is the interior like? How tightly does it hold the cues? Could you take a pic of it?

Interior appears ( or looks like ) cotton with a thin layer of padding sewn into each sleeve. The shafts and butts are all held fairly tightly by the sleeves, the butts slightly lees so than the shafts.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I actually bought that one @ 2 weeks ago. I am very satisfied with it. I like Katana VERY much. I assume they're Japanese and I have an affinity for their culture, art, etc... I was just wondering what YOUR opinion would be.

My opinion? You definitely don't want mine.

The Katana cases are made in China. The name Katana refers to the type of case looking like the sheaths for actual katana swords.

Not going to comment on the construction and protection provided.