Why Pivot?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Several aiming systems/methods involve pivoting to the final aim. That works best for pivot aimers, and I'm not questioning that - more power to you! I want to know how it works, if that can be explained.

Are you a pivot aimer who has thought about how pivoting works for you? How exactly it helps you find the final aim more easily, quickly, accurately? If you have any insights or ideas about that I'd be interested to hear.

Thanks in advance,

pj
chgo

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Several aiming systems/methods involve pivoting to the final aim. That works best for pivot aimers, and I'm not questioning that - more power to you! I want to know how it works, if that can be explained.
Are you a pivot aimer who has thought about how pivoting works for you? How exactly it helps you find the final aim more easily, quickly, accurately? If you have any insights or ideas about that I'd be interested to hear.
Thanks in advance,
pj
chgo
There are dozens of YouTube videos explaining the entire idea, over and over, for you to search and "be interested in". If you cannot grasp it from those videos, then nothing in the printed word here will be of benefit.
No....you would not be "interested in hearing about it".
You only want more to argue about as you have done for years and anyone with a grain of sense is not taking the bait.
Peace and quiet around here is a wonderful thing.
Have a nice day.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you post a link to one that explains the benefits (not just explains how to do it)?
lol - except you...
pj
chgo
Based on your past behavior and comments concerning pivot aiming, you really don't deserve this, but I am going to cut you some slack today.
What you're asking about will be covered extensively in Stan Shuffett's TRUTH SERIES and in his book.
Stay on watch.
Have a nice day

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Based on your past behavior and comments concerning pivot aiming, you really don't deserve this, but I am going to cut you some slack today.
What you're asking about will be covered extensively in Stan Shuffett's TRUTH SERIES and in his book.
Stay on watch.
Have a nice day
Yeah, I didn't think you actually had anything to say.

pj <- unsurprised
chgo

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks in advance,

pj
chgo

I think of it as an easy way to get the "over-cut", especially as you move past 30 degree angles. Ferrule aiming sets that up, too. I'd rather cut a little thinner than thick.

Best,
Mike

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I think of it as an easy way to get the "over-cut", especially as you move past 30 degree angles. Ferrule aiming sets that up, too. I'd rather cut a little thinner than thick.
Thanks for the insight.

Do you have an idea how pivoting makes that easy for you?

I don't pivot, but I can imagine benefits - for instance, I imagine that it might be a methodical way of visually "scanning" the angles (or overlaps or whatever) as you pivot by them until one looks right.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't pivot, but I can imagine benefits - for instance, I imagine that it might be a methodical way of visually "scanning" the angles (or overlaps or whatever) as you pivot by them until one looks right.

pj
chgo

This sounds more like your lizard head movements, not so much about pivoting for a purpose. You shouldn't confuse the two very different methods.

stockbob55

Registered

Best,
Mike

An outside pivot makes for a fuller contact. Inside makes it thinner.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
seem like history is about to repeat itself
:speechless::speechless::speechless:

Last edited:

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It puts the cue ball in position as if you used a ghost ball to line up your shot. That’s what all of the aiming systems accomplish. They just arrive at the same position under different techniques.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
It puts the cue ball in position as if you used a ghost ball to line up your shot. That’s what all of the aiming systems accomplish. They just arrive at the same position under different techniques.
I think you mean it helps you do that. How does pivoting help you more than some other way (if you know)?

pj
chgo

Last edited:

bioactive

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan has over 100 videos on line. Most are on CTE. They are indecipherable pedantic ramblings. I don't think anyone could possibly understand CTE if they watched every video several times. What makes you think he is going to be able to provide a decipherable explanation in writing?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Stan has over 100 videos on line. Most are on CTE. They are indecipherable pedantic ramblings. I don't think anyone could possibly understand CTE if they watched every video several times. What makes you think he is going to be able to provide a decipherable explanation in writing?

They argue it's a simple system.
ABC reference points and half a tip of pivot.
Yet, two dvd's have been put out and countless videos.
Then they argue there are fake CTE's out there too.

The system's illustration should not take more than 2 pages of paper .

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I agree with you, but let's please not argue about that nonsense here. This is about pivoting in general, not one particular version of it.

pj
chgo

anbukev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I believe this as well. They all get you to the shot line. I consider aiming systems as preshot routines. Find the one that you are comfortable with or take pieces and combine them to make your own. This is one aspect of three things needed to shoot well. The other two aspects are explained here in this article with Ko Pin Yi as the case study.

https://therefinedcueist.wordpress.com/2017/02/04/ko-pin-yi/