cf shaft deflection comparison

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Among the production carbon fiber shafts, it seems the consensus is that Revos have the lowest deflection.

I'm curious if there is a consensus on what cf shaft has the next lowest amount of deflection?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Among the production carbon fiber shafts, it seems the consensus is that Revos have the lowest deflection.

I'm curious if there is a consensus on what cf shaft has the next lowest amount of deflection?
You're asking for a consensus on a pool player site? Ha, good luck. Seriously, i doubt you'll answer that question. All are quite low. I'm not real sure the Revo holds that crown. I've heard the Mezz is even lower.

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea...consensus is a pretty strong word. But trying to avoid the 'what is the best' subjective question and get input on a bit more objective matter (though, I know determining deflection for a shaft is still pretty subjective).

51Breakshot

Registered
Totally pointless discussion. Deflection doesn't count for much at all, as every level still needs adjustments by feel for consistent play (when you go to very low deflections you must now compensate for swerve instead, etc etc).

The biggest question to be asked about all these CF shafts is how good is the energy transfer?! Which shaft does more with slower stroke speeds?

I believe Revo would be top of the list here.

Would be nice if someone did a side-by-side test for all...

Отправлено с моего STV100-2 через Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Totally pointless discussion. Deflection doesn't count for much at all, as every level still needs adjustments by feel for consistent play (when you go to very low deflections you must now compensate for swerve instead, etc etc).

The biggest question to be asked about all these CF shafts is how good is the energy transfer?! Which shaft does more with slower stroke speeds?

I believe Revo would be top of the list here.

Would be nice if someone did a side-by-side test for all...

Отправлено с моего STV100-2 через Tapatalk
I've hit with both Revos, Becue and Cynergy. As far as energy transfer its a dead heat. Too close to call. Cynergy felt/sounded better than Revo or Becue.

wibo

Registered
my experience with carbon shafts is that the hit is extremely dependent from the tip. Since I've mounted a Navigator Alpha medium on the BeCue Prime M, the hit is essential better

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have hit with several carbon fibers shafts and I own two...Becue and Meucci Pro.

None of the shafts feel as "solid" on a wood butt as the Becue shaft feels on the Becue carbon fiber butt.

The butt of the cue also affects the overall "hit" and "feel" of the cue.

As far as deflection goes, I really don't compare them because I've played for so long that I can adjust rather quickly without really noticing a difference.

I think the Becue "hit" feels more like a "wood" shaft.

lacorteza

Registered
Tn213c

I think the most important on deflection is the stroke.. with that kind of punchy stroke I think even the REVO has quite some deflection.

Going through smoothly will bring the best result with every shaft.

In total I think They are all very very similar.

Maybe as this.
Revo-Ignite-Cuetec (to only Mention the big Brands)

In my opinion Carbon Fiber is only the way to go if you have a superior technique! Otherwise this shafts overhelm you and are not controlable in a good way.