Joss West block cue w/ silver

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
hope Bill Stroud can help w/ what kind of material was used in joint rings. never knew Bill used silver in cues this early. i really like the silver touch alot. Don aka Sure Man
Cues

Attachments

• DSCN2018.JPG
    DSCN2018.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 618
  • DSCN2019.JPG
    DSCN2019.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 614
  • DSCN2020.JPG
    DSCN2020.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 602
  • DSCN2021.JPG
    DSCN2021.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 608
  • DSCN2022.JPG
    DSCN2022.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 608

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
thanks Bill, need to make 2nd shaft, trying to figure out what white material wasw used
in joint rings to match it. how many approx did you make. thanks again. Don

bstroud

Deceased
Don,

Can't tell from the pics but if all the white is not ivory then it is Implex.
Joint rings would be the same.

Only made one or two with BE and silver.

Bill

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
hope Bill Stroud can help w/ what kind of material was used in joint rings. never knew Bill used silver in cues this early. i really like the silver touch alot. Don aka Sure Man
Cues

Don, maybe this will help a bit. If you look closely and take a closeup picture of the joint rings, they will likely either be maple or implex, as Bill said. The maple is obvious, and over time, the implex under most finishes would turn a light blue. First picture is maple rings, second is implex rings.

By the way, this is one of the most desirable cues in the universe Joss and JossWest were making the best box cues in the late 70s. And, not a lot were made. I have a feeling that's time time period this came from.

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• DSCN0378.jpg
    DSCN0378.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 459
  • Joss Windows 3.jpg
    Joss Windows 3.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 471

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
thanks Mr. Stroud, its definately implex then. wow 1 of 1 or 1 of 2 ever. thats great news. i'm thrilled. Don