Loose Rubber / Rails

Bedwards

Registered
Hi - anyone know what would cause the rubber / rails to become loose on a table that's around two years old? Never had this happen on prior tables and seems odd.

https://youtu.be/PmC2jS5SOU4

Hoping the link works.

This is happening all around table and causing it to play completely dead.

Thanks!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
That should not happen. Looks like the adhesive on the cushions has failed. What brand and model table is it? Did you contact the company you bought it from?

TFT

Hi - anyone know what would cause the rubber / rails to become loose on a table that's around two years old? Never had this happen on prior tables and seems odd.

https://youtu.be/PmC2jS5SOU4

Hoping the link works.

This is happening all around table and causing it to play completely dead.

Thanks!

Bedwards

Registered
Hi Trent,

Thank you for confirming what I had assumed the issue was. Seems way too soon for that to be happening.

It's a custom made table from a local company. I didn't like their first response so I'm waiting for them to get back to me again.

Fortunately, there are several good table mechanics in the area I can hire instead if needed.

Thanks again and appreciate the response.

Brian

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Hi Trent,

Thank you for confirming what I had assumed the issue was. Seems way too soon for that to be happening.

It's a custom made table from a local company. I didn't like their first response so I'm waiting for them to get back to me again.

Fortunately, there are several good table mechanics in the area I can hire instead if needed.

Thanks again and appreciate the response.

Brian

Sorry to hear your having issues so early. I hope the company that sold you that table will take care of you. If not, it sounds like you know the local mechanics, I think Jamie Pluta (952)212-7665 is a great option for ya! Keep us posted on your situation. Good Luck

TFT

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Loose rail.

I also have a table that had a loose cushion. When I set it up I used Super 77 to reattach this rubber as it wasn’t adhered. It has failed again now that I’ve covered it and have everything together. I want to fix it correctly but don’t have any cloth left (860). Any tricks to reuse the existing rail cloth? What glue should one use for rubber to wood?

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I also have a table that had a loose cushion. When I set it up I used Super 77 to reattach this rubber as it wasn’t adhered. It has failed again now that I’ve covered it and have everything together. I want to fix it correctly but don’t have any cloth left (860). Any tricks to reuse the existing rail cloth? What glue should one use for rubber to wood?

DAP Weldwood, Parabond m-250, Fastbond n10, Rkc250: any of these brands will do the job.

#1 would be the easiest to get locally??

TFT

Bedwards

Registered
Sorry to hear your having issues so early. I hope the company that sold you that table will take care of you. If not, it sounds like you know the local mechanics, I think Jamie Pluta (952)212-7665 is a great option for ya! Keep us posted on your situation. Good Luck

TFT

Yep, Jamie was the first person I messaged. He’s certainly well known around here.

Thank you again for your input and advice.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member

Pull the staples, but don't remove the featherstrip.

However, if you do pull the cloth from the featherstrip dado, all is not lost... You can spray just the featherstrip with 3M-77, and bond the cloth to it. Just make sure that you give it a bit of stretch, along the length.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Yep, Jamie was the first person I messaged. He’s certainly well known around here.

Thank you again for your input and advice.

Awesome, I had the pleasure of working with him on a job in Minneapolis! I hear he is quite the pool player as well. Tell him Trent from Toledo said "hello!"
Keep us posted on your project.

TFT