finally understand CTE, its working big time for me.

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got tired of missing my long angle cuts with my bullshit half ball aim system I was using, and watched Howards burger video on CTE. I had watched various videos on CTE, but I never could really understand the concept.

but for some reason, maybe because I have been playing steady for a while at home, it clicked big time. I went to my table, and I started making balls, balls that I would have missed using half ball aim. then I watched another video by lil Chris, and it even made it more simpler for me. it just clicked.

to me its pretty simple. 1/8 A-B-C 1/8. thats it. left cut or right cut. 1 tip pivot

I have been playing all day today, and I got it down. its even working on my long rail cuts, that I usually miss.

I still have some fine tuning to do, but im very happy that im now a certified CTE man :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got tired of missing my long angle cuts with my bullshit half ball aim system I was using, and watched Howards burger video on CTE. I had watched various videos on CTE, but I never could really understand the concept.

but for some reason, maybe because I have been playing steady for a while at home, it clicked big time. I went to my table, and I started making balls, balls that I would have missed using half ball aim. then I watched another video by lil Chris, and it even made it more simpler for me. it just clicked.

to me its pretty simple. 1/8 A-B-C 1/8. thats it. left cut or right cut. 1 tip pivot

I have been playing all day today, and I got it down. its even working on my long rail cuts, that I usually miss.

I still have some fine tuning to do, but im very happy that im now a certified CTE man :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Good for you. Lil Chris nailed it when he used the his phone to show the shooters view. Very clear and easy to follow. He didnt cover every aspect of cte but niether does any other one video.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What lil chris describes is not even close to actual CTE. If it works that's fine but its NOT CTE as Stan teaches it.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nice cast.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I thought you only needed half a tip of pivot?

To each their own I guess, whatever it takes to work... half tip here, full tip there, lil Chris's version, Bob Nunley's, Howard Berger's, John Barton's, etc... :wink:

Reactions: JC

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To each their own I guess, whatever it takes to work... half tip here, full tip there, lil Chris's version, Bob Nunley's, Howard Berger's, John Barton's, etc... :wink:

You forgot Bob Marley.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

It's always a good feeling when something clicks and you start playing better. I hope you continue to improve.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
What lil chris describes is not even close to actual CTE. If it works that's fine but its NOT CTE as Stan teaches it.

Quit lying

garczar is correct. No lie. CTE pro1 utilizes a 2-line perceptual relationship between the balls to "fix" the cb for a specific ccb perspective. It's from this ccb perspective (the "perception") that one must align the cue left or right half a tip and then pivot or sweep to a final ccb solution.

Lil' Chris does not use perceptions. He simply aims from half tip left or right of ccb straight to A, B, or C on the ob. As garczar pointed out, this is not Stan Shuffett's or Hal Houle's version of CTE. It can be made to work, just like real CTE, with enough table time and experience.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mind your own business

Thanks guys but i don't need any help. That guy is a moron if he can't handle the truth. Lil Chris's description is NOT Stan's CTE and we all(at least most of us) know that. I have Stan's vids and have talked to him in person at DCC. I know what CTE is.

stockbob55

Registered
Re

It's always a good feeling when something clicks and you start playing better. I hope you continue to improve.

Thank you for your positive comment on the OPs post.
The members of this forum need to encourage the exchange of positive results with any aiming system.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are members here who are absolutely positive that CTE is snake oil.

How'd I do?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

I am amazed how many versions there are .
First time I heard about aiming the side of the ball was more than 2 decades ago already. There was a Colliding Spheres version, another version from a man named Marvin at Hard Times who sold a sheet of paper describing it, and another instructor player at Hard Times.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am amazed how many versions there are .
First time I heard about aiming the side of the ball was more than 2 decades ago already. There was a Colliding Spheres version, another version from a man named Marvin at Hard Times who sold a sheet of paper describing it, and another instructor player at Hard Times.

Lest we ever forget the Jim Jones Version!