RIP Dave Bollman

emptypockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave Bollman, my friend, my mentor, my 1 pocket partner passed away today from cancer. My prayers go out to his daughter, Maryann, who was Dave's pride and joy.

1488251_10100766442036147_1020370543_n.jpg

Last edited:

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
Sorry to hear about this. I really liked his style of play and posture at the the table.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
What a great person and fine player he was. Dave was on the PGA golf tour before becoming a professional pool player. No one else ever did that I'm sure. He won some big tournaments, including the Classic Cup in Chicago, beating Jose Parica in the finals!

I had a helluva Bank Pool match with Dave a long, long time ago. He was a perfect gentleman to play with, sharking was not in his vocabulary. I was always happy to see him when I went back to Norfolk. I would go over to his shop and reminisce about the old days. I'm gonna miss you buddy!

Dave was 6'6" and was definitely one of the best "tall" players of all time.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
6'5''? 230

The Beaumeister, good solid, tall, east coast player. Those tall guys are hard to beat sometimes. Great table demeanor, RIP my friends, and to family he will be missed, he was a pleasure to be around.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Beaumeister, good solid, tall, east coast player. Those tall guys are hard to beat sometimes. Great table demeanor, RIP my friends, and to family he will be missed, he was a pleasure to be around.

Bill, I think you went 6'6" yourself! :D

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave Bollman, my friend, my mentor, my 1 pocket partner passed away today from cancer. My prayers go out to his daughter, Maryanne, who is a 100% disabled Veteran and was Dave's pride and joy.

View attachment 307506

I never had the opportunity to meet Dave but knew him through his precise, brilliant play on numerous Accu-Stats videos. He was a monster player who taught me much about the game and how it should be played.

RIP, Dave.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear that. I was there when he won the BC Open in Binghamton, NY in 1986.
Rest in peace Dave.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a great person and fine player he was. Dave was on the PGA golf tour before becoming a professional pool player. No one else ever did that I'm sure. He won some big tournaments, including the Classic Cup in Chicago, beating Jose Parica in the finals!

I had a helluva Bank Pool match with Dave a long, long time ago. He was a perfect gentleman to play with, sharking was not in his vocabulary. I was always happy to see him when I went back to Norfolk. I would go over to his shop and reminisce about the old days. I'm gonna miss you buddy!

yes he did i saw that tourney in person and was my 1st pro event. nice man he was a hell of a shot. memory serves me st Louis Roberts beat miz and buddy hall back to back in 1986. oh dirty Danny Jones placed high as well and Allen Hopkins? ALWAYS REMEMBER BOWMAN MAKING A 3 RAIL KICK SHOT AGAINST EARL AND THE LOOK ON EARLS FACE WAS PRICELESS! :(

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what a great person and fine player he was. Dave was on the pga golf tour before becoming a professional pool player. No one else ever did that i'm sure. He won some big tournaments, including the classic cup in chicago, beating jose parica in the finals!

I had a helluva bank pool match with dave a long, long time ago. He was a perfect gentleman to play with, sharking was not in his vocabulary. I was always happy to see him when i went back to norfolk. I would go over to his shop and reminisce about the old days. I'm gonna miss you buddy!

jay broke out my old pool and billiard magazine april 1986 parica won that tournament! 2nd bowman,hopkins,medina,reyes,danny jones 6th. Old fart could play.

1pocketman

Registered
man old man i loved that guy such a nice person . we went to reno to a tournament together . A class person rip dave

1pocketman

Registered
yes i was at reno nv i think 1991 and i was with dave bollman from q-masters at a tournament . i met steve when him and bollman were playing gin rummy in our room for $50 a game. any way later on in the week i was in the lobby and steve and lebron came up to me ( skip ) and said to me that he and lebron were going over to lake tahoe and did i won"t to ride a long .. i said hell yes . just to hang out with two of the biggest names in pool was a real treat .so we played black jack in tahoe and one of the pit bosses came over and said are you steve mizerak the pool player and steve said that would be me . steve showed him his ring that was in the shape of a pool table with a diamond in each of the pockets.the pit boss talk to steve a few minutes and made the mistake of asking steve was he hungry . steve said hell yes and the pit boss gave us a unlimited food in one of the nicest restaurant .steve - mike - and me ( skip) put a hurting on them . i think the bill was about $655 that was in 1991 . anyway that is a great memory of steve from me. he was a hell of a nice person.every year after that he always spoke to me at the us open until he pass away i miss that man . skip in north carolina RIP dave

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
jay broke out my old pool and billiard magazine april 1986 parica won that tournament! 2nd bowman,hopkins,medina,reyes,danny jones 6th. Old fart could play.

Oops, I just remember those two in the finals. I staked Danny and we got something like $2,600 for fourth. First was maybe eight grand plus!

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear this sad news...I had the pleasure of meeting Mr.Bollman at Q-masters in the late 90's while down there for the US Open. Though we didn't get to talk long he seemed like a really down to earth guy who shot pretty sporty pool. RIP Dave