View Single Post
Old
  (#48)
deraltefritz
AzB Silver Member
deraltefritz has a reputation beyond reputederaltefritz has a reputation beyond reputederaltefritz has a reputation beyond reputederaltefritz has a reputation beyond reputederaltefritz has a reputation beyond reputederaltefritz has a reputation beyond reputederaltefritz has a reputation beyond reputederaltefritz has a reputation beyond reputederaltefritz has a reputation beyond reputederaltefritz has a reputation beyond reputederaltefritz has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-19-2019, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0nt0n3r View Post
... and even if i align my body to the cue perfectly,it doesn't mean that i have aligned the cue to the aim line perfectly. ...
As they say in snooker, don't bring the cue to the chest, bring the chest to the cue. If you know your cue is aligned, and then align your body in relation to it, you can use it as a guide, as demonstrated in this "trick shot" https://youtu.be/DdT4sMjK1B0?t=165

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0nt0n3r View Post
now the logical correction would be when i aim incorrectly,to stand back up and start the process again but when i don't play that well or play poorly i do it so many times that i would literally have to stand back up on almost every shot.so i don't stand back up most of the time and i make a correction by turning the wrist to pocket the balls and i have developed a crooked stroke over the years,(but when i start aiming correctly i notice that the stroke starts straightening out immediately)
The responses I got in this thread (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=493246) seem to indicate that it is almost impossible to land perfectly with everything in line. Some minor corrections down in the stance are usually necessary. At least for those shots that require the extra bit of accuracy.

But instead of turning your wrist, maybe try to rotate your shoulders or move the entire upper body (except for the head/eyes which must stay where they are, assuming they were in the right position to start with, which is another source of error). I do the latter as well as slightly moving my bridge hand until the cue and the balls look correctly aligned. That way, my elbow and grip hand are held in a constant and repetitive fashion and the cue is always in contact with the chest to function as a guide.

Last edited by deraltefritz; 06-19-2019 at 02:23 AM.