Cue ID Help

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
No way would I cut up that cue.
Have it refinished,wrapped and maybe a new
shaft. Shoot a little with it and if it's not for
you sell it on to someone or put it on the wall.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Calipers will work as well. I will beat Doc's offer by $1.00...everytime. :grin-square:

One
Million
Dollars
:D

Honestly, I don't think it's going to be good conversion material anyway. Guessing it's thin at the joint as a cue of that period typically would be.

More of a curio.

Dbow61

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry no mics, but do I hear one million and $1.00

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few like me will be interested in the cue as is.

The wider market is the conversion value, but even that is questionable. Beyond the dimensions, a cue maker needs to inspect it to say what can be done with it. It's not an ebony Titlist as was suggested.

Honestly, I would hate to see the cue cut up. To me, a light refresh or restoration is in order. I could probably restore that wrap myself.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Butt is right at 29" with cap

Actually this is an interesting measurement. With an equal length shaft, the overall length would be 58 inches. That did not become the standard until about the early to mid 1980s. Before that, it tended to be 57 to 57 1/2 inches. There are exceptions of course, but just something to note. Cool looking cue, very different.

All the best,
WW

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually this is an interesting measurement. With an equal length shaft, the overall length would be 58 inches. That did not become the standard until about the early to mid 1980s. Before that, it tended to be 57 to 57 1/2 inches. There are exceptions of course, but just something to note. Cool looking cue, very different.

All the best,
WW

Yes indeed.

I do think this cue is an exception.

It's an interesting cue at any rate.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A few like me will be interested in the cue as is.

The wider market is the conversion value, but even that is questionable. Beyond the dimensions, a cue maker needs to inspect it to say what can be done with it. It's not an ebony Titlist as was suggested.

Honestly, I would hate to see the cue cut up. To me, a light refresh or restoration is in order. I could probably restore that wrap myself.

All right Doc, you can have it...for $999,000 and $1.00. ;)

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody who converts that deserves 10 years bad luck.

Is it a billiard cue? Has that look.

Leave it be. Will get 350 minimum as is. Buy a Davis blank to convert.

Dbow61

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Added more pics, the original owner stamped his name and I found crack in the shaft, how much do you guys think it would effect the value, thinking about selling if I get a far offer just dont know what it will bring.Thanks in advance.
60187f02fcf533ef56929f08d0214096.jpg
c01fd593c57f6739088bb8e30699cbb5.jpg
a5053640f2f15bcf75f20318993bd423.jpg
638a22574f59ffd0ab5a90bd7aa7fc60.jpg
cb367d4736f00ae001dff7af5c9c9ff9.jpg