Thanks from TAR

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I'm still cleaning up from the whirlwind that was Vegas 2011 but I wanted to write a thank you post to everyone who made the last two weeks some of the best in TAR history.

Most important are all of the people who supported us by purchasing the pay per views. All of us involved with TAR are extremely grateful for the tremendous support you showed. The event was a success on all fronts for us and it is because of the viewers. Thank you so much. I know there are some residual PPV issues like multiple payments and I am working on getting everything squared away in the next day or so. Thanks to everyone for their patience and support dealing with the pains of streaming live events.

We had the strongest crew ever in Vegas and they should be proud of all the hard work they put in to bring our production to a new level. Nathan and Dave from Run Out Media, Andrew Cleary, Vincent Rochefort, Raphael Dabreo, and Samm Diep all worked their asses off for no where near what they deserved. I want to thank each of them personally for their hard work, great attitudes and most important their friendship.

One person really was the catalyst for the whole thing as far as TAR is concerned. Mark Griffin wanted to do something special this year with streaming for the pro event. He put his money, time and effort 100% behind it and made it happen. This was not a cheap undertaking. From the two giant projection screens to the in room live feed it all took many weeks of meetings, discussions and more than a few dollars. Most people would have just dropped it after looking at the challenges. Mark pulled the trigger and did the work. He takes the heat when things go wrong and he deserves more credit when things go well. Thank you Mark for all of your support.

There were many more people who made the event from the entire CSI Staff who were making the event run smooth to the people who gave us their time to do commentary, to Ric Jones and crew at Bad Boys who do the hardest work of all. David Vandenbergh at CSI gets nowhere near the recognition he deserves for orchestrating the thousands of details an event like this requires. He is the guy you call when you need something done and he saved my ass on numerous occasions over the years. Thank you David. I know I am missing many people as my brain is still half fried but I want to thank all of the people involved with the event. It was a tremendous group effort to create a memorable event for thousands of people.

This was the best event we have ever done and it has a set a new bar for future TAR events that we will strive to achieve and surpass. It was a long hard two weeks but it because of the people involved it will be something I always remember fondly.

Thank you.

Justin Collett

Last edited:

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This years coverage was amazing. It was by far the clearest stream I have seen. It really says something about your dedication and the people you work with that you continue to improve. Thanks for everything you do and for bringing the professional pool experience to us that can't make it everywhere. I know that was your original mission and I believe you have exceeded expectations.

Now go sleep for a few days, wake up, make some calls and get us a TAR 21 :)

-Brandon

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
It was quite a show TAR put on! Keep up the good work! Runout + TAR = Perfect

Hope to see you stupid guys again soon, had a great time :-D

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Class act, Justin.

Congrats on a great event. Continued success to you and your crew.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TAR continues to improve. They are not 100% yet, hell most TV networks arent at 100% either, but it seems that TAR improves a little each time.

I am trying to stay positive and support TAR in spite of its growing pains, but alot of frustration each time they stream.

Just a thought, and take this as a constructive critizism as I appreciate the efforts. Would it be worthwhile to hire some "super duper" group to overcome the continued technical issues?

I have been an Engineering Manager, and I understand sometimes you need to call in for a little help on specific issues.

I wish you and your team continued success.

Ken Strain

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I watched for most days and was extremely impressed. Maybe I was lucky but I did not experience ANY technical glitches during any of the times that I watched.

The stream was clear and very high quality. Thanks to all that made it possible!

JoeyK

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
TAR continues to improve. They are not 100% yet, hell most TV networks arent at 100% either, but it seems that TAR improves a little each time.

I am trying to stay positive and support TAR in spite of its growing pains, but alot of frustration each time they stream.

Just a thought, and take this as a constructive critizism as I appreciate the efforts. Would it be worthwhile to hire some "super duper" group to overcome the continued technical issues?

I have been an Engineering Manager, and I understand sometimes you need to call in for a little help on specific issues.

Ken Strain
I'm not sure what you mean by technical issues regarding this stream.

We didnt have any technical issues on our end for this stream. There were two stretches of about 15-20 minutes when a few people reported choppy streams but others said they had no problem. Considering we streamed for over one hundred hours over the course of ten days I think that is pretty good.

The only issues we had were user related and those were either peoples browsers caching old links for the PPV purchase or something on the end users computer or internet connection. The thing about streaming is that we can do everything right and the end user still has problems. Honestly this is about 90% of the problems we encounter. We had a problem during TAR 20 that was a glitch in our PPV provider database but that was an extremely rare occurrence.

I look at my email for tech support and the great majority of the problems could have been handled if the customer would have either read the FAQ or simply refreshed their browser.

I'm quite positive that your "super group" would tell me what I already know: If we had more money we could do more.

I am curious though which technical problems you are referring to regarding TAR specifically not all streamers grouped together.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Ken Strain

I am with Justin here Ken, what types of technical issues did you experience? I was at home recovering from a surgery, so I watched all of the one pocket and 10 ball streams and zero issues during the event. I did try to help a few people in the chat room with clearing their cache so they could get the correct purchase link for that particular day.

I am one of the lucky ones that has purchased every Tar event produced (even a few I attended in person) and I believe this was the best one ever with the fewest stream related issues.

Thanks Justin and everyone involved, when I started playing pool in 1980 I never would have imagined we could get world class events and matches delevered to our homes for 10.00

Thanks Again
-don

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
Thanks TAR, RunoutMedia and CSI for a memorable week!

The feed was outstanding! Having Billy Incardona in the booth made it the best you can possibly get. Billy, Scott and Corey made a very good team.

Thanks for giving us people stuck in Bumf$&k Nowhere, the chance to "be there" at these big events.

The onepocket made my week! Please don't ever forget about us onepocket fans. We rarely get to see great players in races to 4 or 5.

You guys are the best!!!!

Now I had one more question... and please don't tell me that this isn't in your plans.... but if I had one request, I would want you to stream this event. It is really important to me and I think you could get the biggest audience yet. Thanks in advance!:D
cowpies.jpg

tjk1566

Registered
Big Thanks

Hey to All involved for the live streaming ,
What a great job !!Didn't get to watch as much as I wanted but when I did WOW great quality stream .For me just to be able to see EFREN was worth it.Forget about all the other great matches . Look forward to all the tourneys in the future !
TYVM

Tim

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Was just glad to be there and help how I could. Had a great time on and off the stream. It's only getting better.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
technical difficulty...

Here's one I noticed:

During a 1p match, Richard Harris was having a tough go of it, and just after making a bad shot, one of the cameras went in real tight on Richard capturing not only the frustration on his face in amazing detail, but I actually saw some ear hair. :yikes: What kind of cameras did you say those were? :thumbup:

I will echo the sentiments of all those who said they thought this was the best yet from TAR.

The added dimension that the Runout Media guys provided really kicked it up quite a few notches. It was terrific that they not only added some great hardware into the mix but the intuitive switching and angles we got made the viewing that much more enjoyable. :thumbup:

The commentating overall was extremely enjoyable, too.

Listening to team Justin/Cleary gives you a feeling like you are one of their buds, sitting along side them on a couch, taking in the event with their humorous slant on things. Very funny guys!

Anything that includes Billy I is a real treat. When he and Scott get together it's guaranteed to be informative and hilarious. Very enjoyable.

I also really enjoyed listening to JoeyA alongside Billy. I thought they were a brilliant team, complimenting each other perfectly.

All kidding aside regarding any tech glitches, I watched a fair amount of the one pocket and the last day of 10 ball and everything was silky smooth here.

TAR, Runout Media, & CSI seem to have a pretty good grasp on things.

Everyone involved in this epic production should be very proud of themselves. :cool: :thumbup: :cool:

Thanks for making it so I could enjoy it from the comfort of my home.

Best,
Brian kc

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm still cleaning up from the whirlwind that was Vegas 2011 but I wanted to write a thank you post to everyone who made the last two weeks some of the best in TAR history.

Most important are all of the people who supported us by purchasing the pay per views. All of us involved with TAR are extremely grateful for the tremendous support you showed. The event was a success on all fronts for us and it is because of the viewers. Thank you so much. I know there are some residual PPV issues like multiple payments and I am working on getting everything squared away in the next day or so. Thanks to everyone for their patience and support dealing with the pains of streaming live events.

We had the strongest crew ever in Vegas and they should be proud of all the hard work they put in to bring our production to a new level. Nathan and Dave from Run Out Media, Andrew Cleary, Vincent Rochefort, Raphael Dabreo, and Samm Diep all worked their asses off for no where near what they deserved. I want to thank each of them personally for their hard work, great attitudes and most important their friendship.

One person really was the catalyst for the whole thing as far as TAR is concerned. Mark Griffin wanted to do something special this year with streaming for the pro event. He put his money, time and effort 100% behind it and made it happen. This was not a cheap undertaking. From the two giant projection screens to the in room live feed it all took many weeks of meetings, discussions and more than a few dollars. Most people would have just dropped it after looking at the challenges. Mark pulled the trigger and did the work. He takes the heat when things go wrong and he deserves more credit when things go well. Thank you Mark for all of your support.

There were many more people who made the event from the entire CSI Staff who were making the event run smooth to the people who gave us their time to do commentary, to Ric Jones and crew at Bad Boys who do the hardest work of all. David Vandenbergh at CSI gets nowhere near the recognition he deserves for orchestrating the thousands of details an event like this requires. He is the guy you call when you need something done and he saved my ass on numerous occasions over the years. Thank you David. I know I am missing many people as my brain is still half fried but I want to thank all of the people involved with the event. It was a tremendous group effort to create a memorable event for thousands of people.

This was the best event we have ever done and it has a set a new bar for future TAR events that we will strive to achieve and surpass. It was a long hard two weeks but it because of the people involved it will be something I always remember fondly.

Thank you.

Justin Collett

Good job by the Tar Bear! :grin:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Great work again Justin - if anyone was there and could just see the wires coming out of the control panel they use, you would get a feel for just one small part of what TAR goes thru to set something like this up.

Now that I am home, I wish I would have spent more time over there then just one afternoon but too many distractions for me in Vega$.

Now if you can find the file of the Lou F. - Richard Harris match, then I could get these St Louis guys off my back. :)

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Great work again Justin - if anyone was there and could just see the wires coming out of the control panel they use, you would get a feel for just one small part of what TAR goes thru to set something like this up.

Now that I am home, I wish I would have spent more time over there then just one afternoon but too many distractions for me in Vega$.

Now if you can find the file of the Lou F. - Richard Harris match, then I could get these St Louis guys off my back. :)

Yea I missed ya! Have to double up on my drink next year.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thank you.

Justin Collett

It was great stream for both events. Ever tried packaging off the semis/finals together for delayed broadcast like the Seminoles did last year for the Mizerak event on the regional sports networks? That would be a great way to show off the quality of your production and the pool being played. Of course I guess you would probably have to give the rights away to them. Just curious.

SpinDoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The biggest problem that I had with the TAR feed was that it really made me kick myself for not going to Vegas for the event. A crystal clear view of everything that I was missing....

Kamuitipsdotcom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thank you.

Justin Collett

Justin,
You did an amazing job... I hope you slept well after all this... I saw you worked very hard and very late to make this stream great. YOU ROCK!