2007 World 14.1 Videos Finally Appearing

eales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

I thought this was a great match to feature. Both players show a little of what it is to play the game. Thanks again.

Jim Eales

JayBates

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice shot by Hohman at 25:20. played the 14 ball on the same side of the pack, grazing the seven on top...it was dead but what a good eye to spot a shot and to take advantage without scratching...well done Hohman!
Jay

D Player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just finished watching Thorsten's first run of 139...the propoolvideo.com footage is great. I don't mind the zooming in and out too much, and I really like how they can edit down the time in between shots. It allows me to squeeze the maximum amount of straight pool viewing possible into my work day!!

The 14 ball shot people are referencing was amazing. I saw that Thorsten looked closely at the cue ball to see if it was frozen, but I didn't see the ref go in for a bird's eye view. I'm assuming that if the balls were not frozen, the Thorsten would have had to jack up to avoid a double-hit in order to pot the 14. Is that correct? And does the ref typically only go in for a really close look when asked by the opposing player, or is it just up to the individual ref to decide??

JayBates

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i was told it was a thinner cut on the 7 to pot the 14 than what the video makes it out to be. it was a legal shot. didn't the ref come over and watch? maybe i was mistaken.
Jay

D Player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay,

I looked at it again, and you're right. I does look like it was a thin cut on the 7. Plus after contact, the 7 hardly moved -- if Thorsten had shot through the ball I would expect the 7 would have shot out of the stack...my mistake. Still a great shot.

Thanks,
Jeff

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
new vids out soon

I got an email from Jorge. A new 14.1 vid will be out in the next few days. :D

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
I'm spoke to Jorge on Saturday to set up a time to help out with the commentary on some of the remaining matches. John DiToro will be out of town for a while, which may hold things up a little bit, but plans are in the works for the rest of the commentary to be completed. If I find anything out, I'll let you know about it. I'm sure that you guys will be impressed with the commentary that is provided this year and with the people that are helping out with this project!

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Engert/schmidt

the new vid with Grady commentating should be up tonight.
Couple of big runs.:D

Jorge Torres

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Engert/Schmidt video is up!

The latest World 14.1 match is now up at ProPoolVideo.com. It's a good one and it features commentary by Grady Mathews and John Di Toro.

Enjoy!

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are the DVD's out for sale? I dont have the time to sit in front of my computer for one viewing. Also my streaming is not that good.

Reaper114

Lurking in the Shadows
Silver Member
A Nice match too watch, Some Nice Runs and some safety, Engert played really nice during his high run but safety was woeful. First time i seen Schmidt play and gotta say he can certainly shoot, Kinda looked a bit eratic with a few shots but knocked in some nice balls to recover. In whole was impressed(Sure he can play better from what ive heard). Nice commentary too! Jus hope that site keeps posting the great videos of 14-1.
Definately worth the watch

R114

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
i had seen john play before, on his 200 run, but engert. MAN! he really impressed me. he makes it look all so easy. Got to love that german style.

D Player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Engert/Schmidt match was great!

Engert's first run of 109 looked effortless. I don't know if it was editing or what, but he never looked like he took more than a couple seconds before each shot to decide where he wanted to go next.

Schmidt made a great comeback and it turned into a nail-biter at the end. A couple of uncharacteristic errors by both players made the tension even higher.

I love the propoolvideo site! Thanks, Jorge!

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Thanks to Jorge and everyone for their effort.
I'm looking forward to hearing Blackjack's commentary. Da man knows da game :)

arsenius

Nothing ever registers...
Silver Member
Vahmurka said:
Thanks to Jorge and everyone for their effort.
I'm looking forward to hearing Blackjack's commentary. Da man knows da game :)
Is Blackjack going to be commentating one of these matches? That's cool, I hadn't heard that. Maybe the man himself could fill us in on the details?

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
arsenius said:
Is Blackjack going to be commentating one of these matches? That's cool, I hadn't heard that. Maybe the man himself could fill us in on the details?

I have spoken to Jorge about doing commentary with John DiToro on some of these matches. John is currently traveling, and I have tournaments for the next few weekends, so we're trying to work around everybody's schedules. All of us are extremely busy and going in different directions, but I might just drive down to Miami sometime next week to see if Jorge and I can do one of the matches so that you guys don't have to wait. ;)

I hope Grady's commentary was a pleasant surprise to everybody. He always does a great job!

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Engert-Schmidt

Keep them coming! What further enhanced this video was Grady, always the best and most grandiloquent of commentators.

Notice how both players were really lousy for a couple of innings near the end? I'm sure that's happened to everyone: one player starts playing badly and the other plays follow-my-soon. Lucky for John that he pulled out of the dive first.:cool: