This is weird,, try this out and report back...

Yoda4962

North Texas
Silver Member
Just for fun, and something different....

Step 1. Line up every shot, (that is not straight in), as a half ball hit.

Step 2. Use your tip or some other adjustment to 'fix' the angle, since most wont be exactly half ball hits....

Step 3. Fire when ready..

The human body, or mind, will do the proper correction, and you will make the shot... Is this crazy or what ?

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Yep, it's definitely crazy. Especially coming from a self proclaimed pro! If it was that easy, everyone would REALLY be 100 ball runners.

We'd all love to see a video of one of your 100 ball runs Steve. That would be awesome!:cool:

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

Step 2. Use your tip or some other adjustment to 'fix' the angle, since most wont be exactly half ball hits....

The human body, or mind, will do the proper correction, and you will make the shot... Is this crazy or what ?
I practice this often.The mind figures a lot out if you let it.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, it's definitely crazy. Especially coming from a self proclaimed pro! If it was that easy, everyone would REALLY be 100 ball runners.

We'd all love to see a video of one of your 100 ball runs Steve. That would be awesome!:cool:

just because shot making is easy doesn'T mean running balls is easy as well

Yoda4962

North Texas
Silver Member
This is not my method, just playing around with it

it's fun to try different things, just experiment.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Any offset or angle that works at 1 diamond separation between the CB and OB will not work for 7 diamonds.:wink:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

Mr. Yoda,

Would that be something like CTE?

Regards to You &

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I'd love to try what you're suggesting, but based on your post-- I have no clue what you're really saying.

Re-post and give us step-by-step details as to what you're doing so we can replicate it.

Does anyone else understand? If so, help me catch-up.

Dave

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I'd love to try what you're suggesting, but based on your post-- I have no clue what you're really saying.

Re-post and give us step-by-step details as to what you're doing so we can replicate it.

Dave

Dave Im not sure what he's doing but what I do sometimes is set up some angled shots.(close to a half ball, clear to a 90 degree cut)

My start is at the half ball,try to let your eye's find the correct line and shoot.I dont spin the ball at all,just something I practice.Just try to pocket the ball.

Anthony

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Dave

I think he means align on the centre to edge line, then 'judge' the cut angle from that perspective.

I guess it makes some sense as you are positioning yourself right in the centre of all possible cut angles.

Whether it's easier to judge the angle from there I guess I need to give it a go.

Must be his other 'secret aiming system'.

Phoenix13

Banned
I think he is telling us to make the half ball hit on all cut shots our starting point. Now this places the starting “contact point” exactly at the quarter ball mark. Now you have at most a quarter ball adjustments to either side. You make an adjustment left or right and let your subconscious finish of the shot. It seems interesting and worth a try.

Attachments

• Untitled - 31.jpg
    Untitled - 31.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 533
Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I think he is telling us to make the half ball hit on all cut shots our starting point. Now this places the starting “contact point” exactly at the quarter ball mark. Now you have at most a quarter ball adjustments to either side. You make an adjustment left or right and let your subconscious finish of the shot. It seems interesting and worth a try.

Actually this works. When I first heard of CTE I thought I would try this. Stand right on the cte line and simple adjust thicker or thinner as needed and go straight down to that position. It's not consistent but if you are a decent player then it will work pretty good for most shots.

You can do the same thing by looking at the shot as a dead straight shot as well and adjusting off that. This is what Tommy Kennedy said he did in the 96' article on aiming.

You're not exactly using your subconscious, at least I wasn't. You just start from a known point and adjust to what you think is about right.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

I understand your 1/2 ball aim yields a 1/4 ball contact but from that set up one still has a 1/2 ball variation in aim point, 1/2 ball back to center or 1/2 ball farther out for edge to edge. I do not see this narrowing it down to a 1/4 ball adjustment, at least not visually. Am I missing someting?

Regards to You &

Yoda4962

North Texas
Silver Member
Yes, this is exactly right, but remember, just playing around here,

This is the right idea, but remember, just bored and playing around with things, not extolling a new or revolutionary aiming system. Or any aiming system at all. Just being interested in how the human spirit can make a correction from a half ball starting point.

I liked that thread that tried to describe every aiming system on the planet, wish we could start that one up again !!

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
In reality, you are using a visualization system and not a aiming system. You are using the visuals of the whole table to guide you to see where the cb needs to be to make the OB go where you want and where the cb will stop.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Will Efren go down in history as having great eyesight (does he even have 20/20?)

Actually this works. When I first heard of CTE I thought I would try this. Stand right on the cte line and simple adjust thicker or thinner as needed and go straight down to that position. It's not consistent but if you are a decent player then it will work pretty good for most shots.

You can do the same thing by looking at the shot as a dead straight shot as well and adjusting off that. This is what Tommy Kennedy said he did in the 96' article on aiming.

You're not exactly using your subconscious, at least I wasn't. You just start from a known point and adjust to what you think is about right.

Matching up "quarters" from the cue ball to the object ball works in many ways, shapes and sizes. The question to ask your self is this: Is it creating a consistent connection that allows me to hit all parts of the pocket at will....if you can't do this, then you must use spin, and when you spin the ball you induce a "glancing blow" that doesn't give as strong a "feedback", thus reducing your touch and feel for the game.

Will Efren go down in history as having great eyesight (does anyone even know if he has 20/20?) or will he go down in history as having a great Touch, and Feel for the game of pool.....I can't speak for all champion players, but I have yet to hear any of them say they won a tournament because they were "aiming" or seeing particularly good that day....that week....or at all for that matter. ;) 'The Game is the Teacher, if We Listen'

Phoenix13

Banned
I understand your 1/2 ball aim yields a 1/4 ball contact but from that set up one still has a 1/2 ball variation in aim point, 1/2 ball back to center or 1/2 ball farther out for edge to edge. I do not see this narrowing it down to a 1/4 ball adjustment, at least not visually. Am I missing someting?

Regards to You &

This is something to just tinker around with and maybe it will help with perception or it may unlock something for you. If you wanted to make it into a system it would be a fractional system.

Attachments

• Untitled - 42.jpg
    Untitled - 42.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 219
  • Untitled - 31.jpg
    Untitled - 31.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 217
  • Untitled - 36.jpg
    Untitled - 36.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 220
  • Untitled - 40.jpg
    Untitled - 40.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

Phoenix13

Banned
Matching up "quarters" from the cue ball to the object ball works in many ways, shapes and sizes. The question to ask your self is this: Is it creating a consistent connection that allows me to hit all parts of the pocket at will....if you can't do this, then you must use spin, and when you spin the ball you induce a "glancing blow" that doesn't give as strong a "feedback", thus reducing your touch and feel for the game.

I thought your 3-zone pocket thing was a visual aid using the TOI? You are not saying you have the ability of hitting different parts of the pocket at will by deflection.

Now when I “do“use spin, my focus is on the cue ball and cue ball positioning, not so much on pocketing the object ball (I assume I will make it) I don’t see it as reducing my touch or feel of the game but it actually increases it. I am manipulating a situation for a positive outcome that benefits me.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I want what's happening and what I'm doing to directly connect and align in my mind.

I thought your 3-zone pocket thing was a visual aid using the TOI? You are not saying you have the ability of hitting different parts of the pocket at will by deflection.

Now when I “do“use spin, my focus is on the cue ball and cue ball positioning, not so much on pocketing the object ball (I assume I will make it) I don’t see it as reducing my touch or feel of the game but it actually increases it. I am manipulating a situation for a positive outcome that benefits me.

At the deepest levels of play, the game isn't "just" a visual game, however, we must speed in those terms to communicate the techniques, as far as the "surface structure" and what's apparent. The key, from my experience is how to connect the components of the game so it will be visually felt.

When you say you're "manipulating the situation for a positive outcome" we are saying the same thing. The only reason I use the Inside, instead of the outside of the cue ball is the contact point is on the INSIDE. My mind can't align to the outside of the cue ball when connecting to the object ball because there's no true connection there. We can imagine that connection, and if that works then don't change it.

With my personal game I want what's happening and what I'm doing to directly connect and align in my mind. This is the only way I've found to hit the absolute highest levels possible, at this level the cue ball literally does what I "think".

I don't do this by "seeing the pocket zone," this happens by "feeling the pocket zone (I talk in terms of 'feeling the shot with my eyes')." This is my experience and seems to be shared my many other top players I've talked to through the years. 'The Game is the Teacher'