Breaking during league

riding9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wanted to see how everyone adjusts their breaks while playing in bar leagues. I find it difficult because you really never know what kind of rack you get from one to another, and the races are short. Any suggestions?

SamLambert

Daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
I wanted to see how everyone adjusts their breaks while playing in bar leagues. I find it difficult because you really never know what kind of rack you get from one to another, and the races are short. Any suggestions?

Can't you rack your own?

If you can't, buy Joe Tucker's Racking Secrets DVD and enjoy being able to deal with almost any rack you are given.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I break the same regardless (just off the side at the 2nd diamond, 2nd ball).

If the balls seem "hoppy", then I break more from the center dead lead ball.

Zhero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My break is kinda jumpy and would often scratch when breaking hard on bar tables, so I tone it down a bit on bar tables and sometimes would soft break the second ball instead of head ball.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't you rack your own?

If you can't, buy Joe Tucker's Racking Secrets DVD and enjoy being able to deal with almost any rack you are given.

Is there a section/chapter discussion of the tilted, mud, slug rack where some balls are touching?:eek:

...when pointed out, the usual response is....come on man, it ain't gonna be perfect.;)

Zhero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh yea im not in a nine-ball league so i forgot about it naturally...but yea i have not been playing nine ball on a bar table so I don't know how it breaks. But i think it would still be okay to break softer than usual..

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
If I'm playing someone who I can't count on to make a good effort with the rack, I make it a point to stand near that end of the table, chatting with someone nearby or chalking my cue, so I can take a look at the rack without making a spectacle of it.

If the first three balls aren't good, I'll ask them to fix it. Otherwise I'll leave well enough alone and proceed.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Is there a section/chapter discussion of the tilted, mud, slug rack where some balls are touching?:eek:

...when pointed out, the usual response is....come on man, it ain't gonna be perfect.;)

You do realize you are debating this stuff with a guy that claims he got into Pool, picked up a cue for the first time and started playing....less that 6 months ago.....right?

Eric

Last edited:

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You do realize you are debating this stuff with a guy that claims he got into Pool, picked up a cue for the first time and started playing....less that 6 months ago.....right?

Eric
Eric, in a way, he's the most qualified. He's probably read every book and seen every video. Who said anything about actual playing time being of value? Heh heh.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
I always break from first diamond on short rail and second diamond our on long rail right side hit head ball almost full seems to work for me