John Schmidt 626 video and contact information

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I received the below email from John Schmidt's team this morning:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Arnaldo,

John returns from the East Coast tourneys this week and we will be moving forward with new plans for his awesome 626 video. We will let our friends and followers know asap. Thank you for your support and love of the sport!

Team Schmidt

johnschmidt.billiards@gmail.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Arnaldo (Greatly looking forward to seeing, studying and benefiting from the forthcoming video and his -- no doubt highly instructive and motivating rack-by-rack commentary. Can't wait!)

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In other news, important editing "tweaks" will be made this week to Raising The Hustler.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I received the below email from John Schmidt's team this morning:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Arnaldo,

John returns from the East Coast tourneys this week and we will be moving forward with new plans for his awesome 626 video. We will let our friends and followers know asap. Thank you for your support and love of the sport!

Team Schmidt

johnschmidt.billiards@gmail.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Arnaldo (Greatly looking forward to seeing, studying and benefiting from the forthcoming video and his -- no doubt highly instructive and motivating rack-by-rack commentary. Can't wait!)

Thanks for the update.

Jeff

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
giphy.webp

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Lol lol
Couldnt give you a green fir that one before spreading it around more

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all, I think John is a great champion. Absolute talent.

But, is anyone really all that interested in watching a guy run 600+ balls in a practice run? I'll take his word for it. I have no doubt he did it.

Seriously, I used to put on straight pool DVDs to help me go to sleep like ASMR. I've been lulled into a good night's sleep many times by the beautiful baritones of Billy Incardona and Grady Mathews.

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But, is anyone really all that interested in watching a guy run 600+ balls in a practice run? I'll take his word for it. I have no doubt he did it.

Seriously, I used to put on straight pool DVDs to help me go to sleep like ASMR. I've been lulled into a good night's sleep many times by the beautiful baritones of Billy Incardona and Grady Mathews.
I'd like to watch it, but in 15 minute-a-day sessions 'til it's done. It's kinda the same with any game other than one pocket, assuming top level guys are playing.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a co-promotion, it is coming out the same day that Pool Poker and Pain airs!

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member

I do love watching these types of runs as long as there’s commentary. A little smoke then a comfy chair/couch and you just sink into the run. I don’t know about 4+ hours straight but 2 sittings would work. It takes active watching though, not passive. You need to feel as if you’re in the run because that’s what makes the drama. I get sweaty hands and heart racing just as if I’m playing when someone gets in a tough spot

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I'll take his word for it. I have no doubt he did it.

Seriously, I used to put on straight pool DVDs to help me go to sleep like ASMR.

I believe John too.

I have a video of Chris Melling and Shane Van Boening playing in China with no commentary that I gave to a pool-playing friend who had insomnia. She swears it was the best sleep she'd gotten in years. I use it for the same reason.

Buzzo80

Registered
Gee, I am forgetful in my old age. Do I remember this right ? One guy was 300+ nights on the road, sometimes driving hundred of miles between exhibitions, giving 2 of 3 exhibitions almost daily, then one day walked into a pool room to discover the 41/2 X 9 tables were not Brunswick and had to play on a 4 x8 he had never even seen before and in front of an audience he proceeded to run 526 balls.
Then umpteen years later, some guy who slept in his own bed the night before, on a table he had previously played on hundred if not 1,00's of hours before attempting to break that record in front of a few friends, and now I am supposed to recognize him as the new record holder... REALLY
Gee next thing I know he will be claiming he hold the records of 15 world championships, held in a bar in the basement of a house on Ritchie Highway. Probably 14 in a row, instead of Willie's just 13 World Championships in a row

Ty Arnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buzzo sorry but it seems john had the harder feat and the better feat. Higher number of balls on a bigger table you said it yourself. Let's see a video of the mosconi run. Lol.

Buzzo80

Registered
Buzzo sorry but it seems john had the harder feat and the better feat. Higher number of balls on a bigger table you said it yourself. Let's see a video of the mosconi run. Lol.

Won't argue, but I think if Willie set out to break his own record, slept in his own bed the night before, played on a familiar table, etc, the record might be 4 digits instead of 3. But different times, I agree. Sorta like saying modern quarterback better than Johnny Unitas or any modern running back better than Jim Brown,
leading NFL in 8 of the 9 years he played. ... REALLY

Different times = Different heroes.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Gee,

...blah blah blah.....

and now I am supposed to recognize him as the new record holder... REALLY...

Actually, I'm pretty sure John is just fine with you recognizing or not recognizing whateverthehell you want.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Your Nov 2019 join date is kinda suspect.

Won't argue, but I think if Willie set out to break his own record, slept in his own bed the night before, played on a familiar table, etc, the record might be 4 digits instead of 3. But different times, I agree. Sorta like saying modern quarterback better than Johnny Unitas or any modern running back better than Jim Brown,

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If? What in the fokkok if, if...?
If then, then of course. Kind of the definition of existence.