Jackpot Cues

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Comparing DEAN to forney is beyond absurd.

DEANS rep in the cue biz is, and will remain, EXCELLENT!!

DEAN has sold, bought and traded cues valued in seven digits since he ventured into the cue game as a HOBBY. Unlike others in the game he didn't rely on selling a cue to put food on his table which is one of the reasons he the confidence of those that know him.

How about comparing him to Leon Sly?
I think most of what you said about Dean would have also applied to Leon until the Harris debacle...

I remember Tommy defending Leon(whom he had purchased a high dollar cue from), that was until someone posted screenshots of their conversation with Leon which seemed to confirm what Harris said was true., LOL.

I do agree comparing Dean to Forney is a gross stretch, although comparing him to Sly seems perfectly fair. Dean's responses were even similiar to Slys.

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
I think most of what you said about Dean would have also applied to Leon until the Harris debacle...

I remember Tommy defending Leon until someone posted screenshots of their conversation with him, LOL.

It's not possible to compare DEAN to anyone, he's one of a kind.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

I remember Tommy defending Leon(whom he had purchased a high dollar cue from), that was until someone posted screenshots of their conversation with Leon which seemed to confirm what Harris said was true., LOL.

You mean "confirmed it"

Tommy was incredibly rude about the facts, because he didn't like them. Ah well.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You mean "confirmed it"

Tommy was incredibly rude about the facts, because he didn't like them. Ah well.

Don't want Leon to sue me, gotta avoid the libel, ROFLMAO, god wasn't Leon a toolbox in that thread, looks like we got another winner now though.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Comparing DEAN to forney is beyond absurd.

DEANS rep in the cue biz is, and will remain, EXCELLENT!!

DEAN has sold, bought and traded cues valued in seven digits since he ventured into the cue game as a HOBBY. Unlike others in the game he didn't rely on selling a cue to put food on his table which is one of the reasons he the confidence of those that know him.

I've heard about Dean's past cue business ventures. And, let me tell you not all of them are above board. People in the cue world know. It's no disrespect to call a crook a crook. The lesser of two evils, is still evil.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
A whole lotta huffin and puffin from a bunch of guys with no skin in the game.
Also, add in a heap of spitballing as to what the real story is.
Call me anything you want but as JoeyInCali explained, sounds like a good value for a custom cue.
Deanoc, can't wait to get mine.

We're trying to protect the members at large from falling prey to shill business practices.
just as Joey, and everyone else seems to know, and you're denying, that these are in no way custom cues. There are 10 of the exact cue, maybe more, floating around, with another ten coming. A production outfit of some sort is behind this. There wasn't enough time from announcement to delivery for custom work. My father is currently venturing into cue making. And, even him as a new builder couldn't meet the time line. He might be able to meet the price. But, again, he's only a year into cue building.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I was buying and looking to spend 500 to 600.

I'd personally hit up David at cues directly, not sure if he still does stuff in that price point, but what I have seen in person and the folks I talked to seemed to got a hell of a lot of cue for the money compared to these Jackpots. I havent hit a Jackpot so I can't compare the two, but David makes a nice cue.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You got a link? I might want some morning reading tomorrow
The original facebook posts have since been deleted, although I'll recap as best as I remember.

I think there are a couple screen captures in the thread or floating around. So Harris said he was building full cues for Sly and that Sly was selling them as if he built them himself, but he was upset because supposedly Sly hadnt paid him.

Harris said divney was a "cue assembler" who bought mitered boxes and some other stuff.

I thought it all bullshit until Leon freaked out and starting talking about sueing people on here and facebook, and then Ideologist posted screenshots basically confirming what Harris had said

Diveney simple responded "drunk" and never addressed it again on Harris's facebook post, not sure if he ever adressed it past that.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=485457

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=485905

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ideologist pretty much KOed Leon with the information he posted, honestly the whole thing might have gotten brushed under the rug, or at least way less attention and much less traction.
Although after that Ko punch, there was no denying or going back, so it will be interesting to see how this thread plays out based off Ideologists comments in this thread

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Ideologist pretty much KOed Leon with the information he posted, honestly the whole thing might have gotten brushed under the rug, or at least way less attention and much less traction.
Although after that Ko punch, there was no denying or going back, so it will be interesting to see how this thread plays out based off Ideologists comments in this thread

Thanks I’ll check them out. Curiosity and all that.

I was surprised how this thread took off. I heard some grumbling occasionally about these cues but then this thread came up and it was like whoa, people are mad

Reactions: JC

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Just received this rep message:

20200124_214005.jpg

Because a new builder either wouldn't know or wouldn't care about the movement of wood. Have you watched the videos of KCC hogging off inches of wood per pass on his mill?

Secondly, everyone who HONESTLY purchased a jackpot cue was scammed.

I rest well, thank you.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

I'm going to post a full review with detailed photos to show what Jack Potter's advisement gets you, and what Dean's marketing gets you

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We're trying to protect the members at large from falling prey to shill business practices.
just as Joey, and everyone else seems to know, and you're denying, that these are in no way custom cues. There are 10 of the exact cue, maybe more, floating around, with another ten coming. A production outfit of some sort is behind this. There wasn't enough time from announcement to delivery for custom work. My father is currently venturing into cue making. And, even him as a new builder couldn't meet the time line. He might be able to meet the price. But, again, he's only a year into cue building.

I know exactly what I'm buying.
Thanks for your advice....and protection.

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
Just received this rep message:

View attachment 539731

Because a new builder either wouldn't know or wouldn't care about the movement of wood. Have you watched the videos of KCC hogging off inches of wood per pass on his mill?

Secondly, everyone who HONESTLY purchased a jackpot cue was scammed.

I rest well, thank you.

Regardless of the situation here your blanket statement about a "new builder" not knowing or caring isnt accurate, I know a guy who will be building cues and technically would be considered a "new builder" and has wood that has been being turned and hung for years. I have a cue him and I constructed 13 years ago and the shaft still spins better between centers than shafts I have and have had from some well acclaimed builders.

RandyinHawaii

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have stayed out of this, but I did buy one of the original Jackpot cues and have order in for another one out of the next batch and I don't feel scamed at all!!!!!!!!!!

Did you get one of the original cues to look at and try out? If not, how can you say everyone was scammed ?????

Last edited: