New Here? - Introduce Yourself

West Texan

Registered
Howdy from West Texas. Been playing since I was old enough to walk. Played a lot of tournaments (in house) back in the 90s. Didn't play much in 2000 to 2010 due to kids. Now they are old enough to fend for themselves and wife and I started getting out again couple of years ago. Joined the league here and have also been running small in house tournaments for the last year. Am trying to learn all I can. My goal for this season is top 15% of bracket 1. Anyway, glad to be here, looks like a great forum.

WT

Johnny Danger

Registered
Howdy

I go by yardbird and learned to play while joining the APA league. I been playing for 1 year and my cue of choice is a players house cue from my home poolroom in Gainesville FL.

dano599

Registered
Hi all, been playing for 50+ yrs, retired in 04 and have been trying to get my game back ever since, working hard on it, my son still kicks my a$$ but we have fun playing. Alot of info on this site, I better get reading. maybe teach an ole dog something.

AF pool guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Long time listener, first time caller

Hello,

From StL, but the AF has taken me some places. Met my wife playing bar box 8 ball in Colorado, that turned into a couple years of APA getting out as a solid 6. Then a few years of recreational 9 footer in MD (anyone remember Howard's in Waldorf). Had some kids then nothing for 8 yrs. I just got back into the scene playing Dutch Black Ball on six footers with tiny 8 cm pockets when the AF moved me to Tokyo and I found myself 5 minutes from the home base of a guy in the top 50 worldwide according to Fargorate. I'm now inspired to work on my game like never before. I can outcompete must of the local B's and I'm getting closer to the A's every week.

Wish me luck, and keep feeding the good info into the forums.

v/r

AF pool guy

tc in l a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck and thanks for your service AF PG

Hello,

From StL, but the AF has taken me some places. Met my wife playing bar box 8 ball in Colorado, that turned into a couple years of APA getting out as a solid 6. Then a few years of recreational 9 footer in MD (anyone remember Howard's in Waldorf). Had some kids then nothing for 8 yrs. I just got back into the scene playing Dutch Black Ball on six footers with tiny 8 cm pockets when the AF moved me to Tokyo and I found myself 5 minutes from the home base of a guy in the top 50 worldwide according to Fargorate. I'm now inspired to work on my game like never before. I can outcompete must of the local B's and I'm getting closer to the A's every week.

Wish me luck, and keep feeding the good info into the forums.

v/r

AF pool guy

Poolforlife

Registered
Hey guys,

Im from Minneapolis Mn. Im 21 years old. I was born into the pool world between the hustle side and the pool player side. My dad was a pool hustler and my mom was a pool player. My dad passed away when i was 12 so a buddy brought me to the pool hall at 14 (i owned a pool table) and fell in love with the game. Ive been playing for 17 years and would hate if i couldnt play this game no more. Ivw been playing competatively for about 5-6 years.I play in APA im a 7 in 8 and 9 in 9 and i play in masters. I play M8Pool which is one of the main leagues im a 101 in masters. Im a 8.4 in vnea and im a AA in our tournaments. I nicknamed myself Poolforlife because ill i do is play pool!!

Sincerly,
Poolforlife!!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

BadKarma

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I joined the community way back in 2007 or so. Long time player, I used to work in a hall in Kansas City called Breakers, if anyone remembers it. It was a stopover for a lot of famous road players.

Anyway, I kind of dropped off the radar in 2008 when I go the news my son, and only child, was diagnosed with cancer. January-April were pretty much a blur until April 21, 2008 when he lost the fight. The next 8 years have also been one distraction after another. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and weighed in at 340 lbs. My Mom and Dad passed within 5 months of each other. I had a lot to deal with and no chance of surviving if I didn't get focused. I was fortunate to discover a new passion, Bicycles.

Well, long story short, I am no longer really considered a diabetic, off meds for 2 years. Weight is under control and a couple years ago I rode my first Century, 100 miles in a day! This last year has been a bit of a trial, I tore my Achilles Tendon and have been off the bike for a year, but with this spring I'm drooling to get back out there.

A few days ago, I was rummaging around in a closet and found my cue case. I dusted it off and took my old Players out and put it together. The old spark is still there. Sadly, the old halls are gone now and I have to drive 45 mins to the nearest place to play, but I'm going to get back in the saddle again, because the walking around a table will help my ankle and I kn ow I'll fall in love with this game again.

Moral of this epic: No matter what life throws at you...........throw it right back!!!!

KBacon

Registered
My name is Ken Bacon (Not Kevin) from Greenfield Indiana...

I used to play pool quite a bit (Several hours every day) when I was in the Navy back in the mid 90s.. My best friend in the Navy was my pool playing buddy.. and after I left the military... we stayed in contact for a while... after getting out of the Navy... I met my wife & we had kids shortly after. So I pretty much lost interest in playing pool & took up other hobbies.

Shot around w/ friends & family at times... but nothing serious

I have recently started shooting APA league w/ a coworker & a few local tournaments... finding it a bit hard to get back into stroke... but feel like I am improving

Last edited:

kris4444kris

Registered
hi im new here im kris and i play pool and love the game

hi im kris and im new on this site. and i would like to know alittle bit about how this site works. and who to ask about cues. and who to talk to about cues. and how to find cues that im looking for ?

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome site you guys have hear. I have learned a ton from lurking the past couple of months.

I have had my own table for the last 15 years or so. Have no idea what kind of ranking I would have as I have never had the chance to play in any leagues. (I work basically 2nd shift and most Saturdays.)

I play and practice every day, and beat all of my friends regularly. The only competition I have lately is the ghost. Won the first set I tried 7-3 with no BIH after the break. Needless to say, I feel like I am stuck in a rut. I think I would improve faster if I could play higher level than myself regularly, but that isn't in the cards right now.

Anyway, Thanks for all who contribute their knowledge and expertise to this site. I look forward to being a part of this community!

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good afternoon, everyone.

Pool ball collector signing in. This forum looks fantastic and I sincerely look forward to chatting with you good folks on a wide range of subjects.

Kind regards,
Rubik's Cube.

Last edited:

lm921

2013 Guerra
hi everyone

hi everyone. i have been lurking for some time now. i enjoy the forum. thanks for the add :)

McCheez

Registered
This is actually second post.

Central IL, just got an 8 foot slate table set up in my garage, soon to be man cave.

Looking forward to your answers to my questions!

Thx:thumbup:

mp8208

The Park Sharp Shooters
Marcos from Corpus Christi, TX been probably playing 4/5 years now. Just recently purchased a Lucasi LZ-SP1 . I like coming on this forum to learn new things of the game and equipment.

damandavid

Registered
Total Noob

Sup guys, David L here. I'm currently a college student at East Carolina University, and I just started playing pool around 8 months ago. I bought my first cue in January (Player's HXT), and I have really enjoyed reading through these forums and learning from all the advice. Anyone know any good places to play in Eastern North Carolina?

smurph

New member here, thanks for the addition. I am located in the Northern Illinois area, wife and I used to frequent a couple of local halls. Pretty much all of them have closed up now. We are not really big bar people so I joined up to gain some knowledge on what table to buy for our home and maybe help from other members on finding the right table. We now have young kids so it will be something we can enjoy after they go to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1sttbone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im 67 years old male from ohio now living in SD. started my pool playing tagging along with my dad, his friends called him fast eddie since his name was ed. been playing for 59 yrs. and have matched up with some of the great ones, Billy Burge, Boston Shorty, Buddy Dennis, Danny Medina,
cheyenne pete and the list goes on. I am very happy to belong to AZ a great way to keep up with the great sport of pocket billiards. Thanks AZ for all you do.

Ilikeberrypie

Hello there!

I have been exposed to billiards a lot throughout my life but only just now committed to actually playing it and getting better. I just got my first cue, a players C960 with a Predator Victory M tip, and I plan on sticking to pool for a long while. I hope I won't be too annoying here on the forums with my "newbie" questions.

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New guy here. I've been lurking for awhile now and figured I should introduce myself.
Been playing pool for fun since I could see over a table. Dad and grandpa used to take me to the bar and feed me quarters to play and stay out of their hair lol.
Anyway glad I found this forum, lots of good info!
Tim

nj82tj

The dude abides.
Silver Member
Hi all,

I'm the newbie around. I'm 34 and have been playing since my high school days, so not super long time. I got away from it for a while and am now getting back into shooting a lot more. I live in WNY and wish I knew some people around me with tables so I would have other people to play against other than going to the local hall. My house cue is a Pechauer Pro with an OB1+ and I have a Joss sneaky with a 314-2 when I play away from my house. It's probably silly but I'm paranoid of damaging my Pechauer. :D I would say I'm an average shooter, not bad but not great either. Any questions, just ask. Thanks. :thumbup: