diamond pro-am or GC V

taprackgo

Registered
Hi all,

I’ve recently decided to purchase a 9’ Table and was initially thinking I would just buy a used GC 3 and save some cash. Reading threads here however, I’ve persuaded myself to go ahead and fork some more cash out for either a GC V or Diamond pro.

Quality wise and durability - are they similar? Will the diamond play better? (also I have to go the 3 piece slate route). The table will also be relocating in 4-5 years when we move again, although I’m not sure that the information is relevant to the discussion.

Thanks in advance for your time.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,

I’ve recently decided to purchase a 9’ Table and was initially thinking I would just buy a used GC 3 and save some cash. Reading threads here however, I’ve persuaded myself to go ahead and fork some more cash out for either a GC V or Diamond pro.

Quality wise and durability - are they similar? Will the diamond play better? (also I have to go the 3 piece slate route). The table will also be relocating in 4-5 years when we move again, although I’m not sure that the information is relevant to the discussion.

I own a black GC4 and like the table. I mostly play on Blue Label Diamond tables. The GC4 plays very close to the Blue. If you want to save a bunch of money you can’t beat the 4. If you want a new table definitely get the Diamond. I like the Pro better than the ProAm

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I own a black GC4 and like the table. I mostly play on Blue Label Diamond tables. The GC4 plays very close to the Blue. If you want to save a bunch of money you can’t beat the 4. If you want a new table definitely get the Diamond. I like the Pro better than the ProAm

The Pro won't hold the resale value that the ProAm will, and neither will the GC. I'd rather take a 15% loss in value in 10 years, vs a 50% loss in value the minute I buy a GC and it arrives at my house.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hi all,

And if buying any GC used, for the most part, you're buying the name....and then the work that has been done on that table over the years it's been used, that can be like playing Russian roulette with only 1 bullet removed!!!!

taprackgo

Registered
Thanks guys for the comments and advice. With those things in mind, I think I will go with the diamond pro am. Does anyone know of a local dealer in northern VA? The only place I’ve been able to find is manning cues, and the prices seem pretty good.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thanks guys for the comments and advice. With those things in mind, I think I will go with the diamond pro am. Does anyone know of a local dealer in northern VA? The only place I’ve been able to find is manning cues, and the prices seem pretty good.

I can help you!:thumbup:

00a0a_6zT1mhAXsrV_1200x900.jpg

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Contact Aaron @ Diamond directly, they're close enough to you, 812-288-7665

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Pro won't hold the resale value that the ProAm will, and neither will the GC. I'd rather take a 15% loss in value in 10 years, vs a 50% loss in value the minute I buy a GC and it arrives at my house.
Why does ProAm hold value better than Pro? You referring to commercial use? The ProAm plays good but it looks like a fancy bar-box.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Why does ProAm hold value better than Pro? You referring to commercial use? The ProAm plays good but it looks like a fancy bar-box.

Because it's the choice table tournaments and that's the table most home owners want, to play on the same table they play on in tournaments.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,

I’m finally moving and I’m going to sell my black GC4 and matching light. I’m in the Pontiac Michigan area if your interested in a GC4.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like you already made your choice.... for my son, we went from the GC IV to a blue label pro am and have no regrets.