93ball run on tape

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
No...just remembered Ervalino. What was neat is that Ervalino was calling the last 5 to 8 shots that Dallas was going to play in each rack. He was right every time I think. He would croak "old school pool" in that gravely voice of his every so often. Mosconi, well into his later years, was a spectator in the audience.

That's it.....didnt know Johnny did commentary, miss him he was a great man and a phenomenal player !!!!

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally watched the run. Well, you are a good shotmaker no doubt but like you said, your patter play needs to improve as well as say the last 4-5 balls on the table, i often saw you make it way harder then it was and that caused you to shoot tough shots. On that table it went allright but on another tighter table the run would have ended much earlier.

Never the less, 93 is real strong. How many yrs you been playing ? Had a teacher ? You sure will get these runs more often once you improved on some points...like i said, get those 14.1 videos...

good job:wink:

terhje

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thx for the match recomandations, i will get them all.
thanks sascha.i've been playing for almost 4 years,
but i've had a broken wrist, so not the most efficient 4years..
I havent had any teachers, but i read/watch everything i can get my hands on.
i've been trying to get Danny Harrimans dvd, i've heard its great.. no reply from him tho. any of you know how i can get it?

AndyofLA

formerly 310Shooter
Silver Member
nice run kid!

if you havent seen the TAR match between John Schmidt and Danny Harriman it's pretty good. i recommend it. race to 400. there are 4 separate runs over 100+ during this match.

keep on shooting.. you've got a bright future ahead!

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
i've been trying to get Danny Harrimans dvd, i've heard its great..
are you sure it is not John Schmidt's DVD you are looking for? Danny's one is also good, but John's miked runs are great!

terhje

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yea its the Danny Hariman 280ball run im looking for. Is it for sales in any online stores?
I got the 250+ run from Smith, its nice:) I will get the danny vs smith video, i read the arguements after match:p

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yea its the Danny Hariman 280ball run im looking for. Is it for sales in any online stores?
I got the 250+ run from Smith, its nice:) I will get the danny vs smith video, i read the arguements after match:p

check your pm´s...

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I can send u one

I like your game young man, also like how stay calm cool and collective while moving through the racks - plus - you have a clear rack line that can be seen. I have received no pm from you (hope my pm box is working) I think I can manage a copy of the 280. Send me a pm and we will see if it can be done - Amigo.

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
I like your game young man, also like how stay calm cool and collective while moving through the racks - plus - you have a clear rack line that can be seen. I have received no pm from you (hope my pm box is working) I think I can manage a copy of the 280. Send me a pm and we will see if it can be done - Amigo.

You do realize this thread is ten years old right Danny?

The kid has grown up long ago.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
No 14.1 in USA to speak of

You do realize this thread is ten years old right Danny?

The kid has grown up long ago.

Oh no I did not realize that - I guess he found a copy of the 280 somewhere. It is nice to see some young talent for 14.1 - but I think he will need to move to another Country to compete in 14.1. There are no tournaments here in the states really worth attending. Hopefully he went to college and did not pursue a career in poo as I did. I would not wish that on anyone.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice shooting.

Notice you playing in sandals, a old player once told me "You see a guy in the pool hall playing in sandals, if he aint Jesus Christ,he is a hustler":D

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terhje,

I actually liked your pattern play. My comments on the pockets was simply that with forgiving pockets there is a temptation to play a little too loose. With forgiving pockets you can get out of trouble a little easier. I actually think it is great to play on a table that allows this since it will build up your confidence. However, occasionally playing on a tight table will sharpen your game by teaching you not take things for granted. Your position play needs to be spot on or your run will end.

I'm certainly not suggesting playing on a real tight table all of the time, because it can and does become extremely frustrating. It is simply a great tool toward further developing your cueball control.

I've been playing lately on a very demanding diamond pro table. As with most diamonds the rails are very "springy", the pockets tight, shelf deep, and the shim angle can and does reject balls. As a result, I have to really work to get the optimal position to have a chance of running balls. This pays dividends when I play on a more accommodating table.

Regards,

Doug

Although I am an "old timer" and did not grow up on the Diamond Tables, I would agree that alternating between a standard Gold Crown and a more pro set up Diamond will help to sharpen one's game. Playing 14.1 exclusively on a pro set up Diamond should be reserved for pro level players only. The reality of 14.1 is that the game was designed to be played on a bit more forgiving pockets due to the NEED to cheat the pocket often with a center ball hit for SPOT position AND the need to hit full rack break shots - at times- from a distance with speed.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder what happened to that guy. Last post from him on azbilliards was 5 years ago.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I finaly got a new personal best. I've been stuck running 20-30s,few 40s and fewer 50s for YEARS. Feels good to get close to the 100mark. I want it soo bad!:p

I will try upload it tonight.

Good show, I consider myself competent and my high run is 42
and I have been playing off and on for 60 years. My hat is off to
you, I know how hard this game is

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Oh no I did not realize that - I guess he found a copy of the 280 somewhere. It is nice to see some young talent for 14.1 - but I think he will need to move to another Country to compete in 14.1. There are no tournaments here in the states really worth attending. Hopefully he went to college and did not pursue a career in poo as I did. I would not wish that on anyone.

Terje (one of best friends and student) quit with pool bc of healthy issues. in the following years after this video he topped his high run to 100+ (not sure anymore - iirc next was 106 or so- just remember that it was 4 o clock in the morning when he called me on the phone...LOL).

right after really reaching another level he was forced to quit- i m still sad about it- but now just happy, that he s doing ok at the moment. workin after he finished university. And healthwise it s "ok".

have a smooth stroke everyone.

kanzzo

hobby player

I would also be very much interested in your tapes. Sent you pm but don't know if you got it :smile: