Question Abaout Schon Cues

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Does anybody know if there is any differance in the shafts between the ones where the name is in script, and the ones that have the name stamped on the black ring an the joint?

Thanks
Steve

oneshotwiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
simply age. if I'm not mistaken I believe 1993 was the only year that the name was put on the shaft collar

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I Actually played with one tonight, a good friend of mine has an older shaft, and it appeared to be a little stiffer than the newer ones!

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shaft's

I sold an old one from the 1990' black collar -I put it against shanes matched exactly.I thought shane would want another he has 1 more in his case. I sold it at the cliff/shane match up to a guy for 200. I have an origonal un touched brown slotted collar. never played- from schon's first cues- it has much darker wood still straight and never hit a ball/yellowed mercarta-whatever spelling- and if the moneys right I can get4 more. mark mines not for sale I plan on putting it on one of my own cues being made. mark I also bought 12 2nd's of Jim mcdermott with the agis II ferrules -triangle tips assorted mm mark