Calling all pool cue experts. Help identify a cue?

Does anyone have any idea who made this cue, or what cue company it is from?

I do not own it, but I am interested in buying it.

It is for sale locally, and the seller wants $400 for it.

He says that it does not have any identifying marks on it.

As you can see, one of the shafts is a Lucasi shaft, but hopefully that does not throw you off, about who may have made the cue.

I just thought it looks really interesting.

Thanks for any opinions about the cue.

Attachments

• 22365242_179780772612023_3367551870515902804_n.jpg
    22365242_179780772612023_3367551870515902804_n.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 782
Last edited:
I said nothing about quality

Okay, so does it appear to be a good quality cue? Thanks.

Does $400 sound like too much (overpriced?) for an unknown cue like that?

It appears to have some nice BEM in the forearm. Not sure if that spells quality though. I am crazy about highly figured BEM.

Last edited:

Shooter32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Need to find out who the maker is because if you buy it will be on here for sale in a week or two !!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bama cue

SEND PICS TO JEFF AT BAMA CUES-
HE POSTS/SELLS ALL THE TIME WANTED FOR SALE FORUM-
LOOKS LIKE CUES HE Carries/Sells on his Site

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What size pin? This will help. If it's 5/16x14 my guess it is a Late model discontinued 'Black' Label Mali series V series about $250-$300 new with MALI sanded and buffed off cap.

-Kat,

Last edited:
What size pin? This will help. If it's 5/16x14 my guess it is a Late model discontinued 'Black' Label Mali series V series about $250-$300 new with MALI sanded and buffed off cap.

-Kat,

Do people purposely sand the logos off of cues, in order to make them more mysterious and maybe more desirable? That is interesting info. Thanks.

On an off topic note, there is a very nice looking Mali on eBay (4 points with veneers into BEM forearm I think, and MOP inlays in the butt). Looks like it has a big 3/8x10 pin. Very nice looking cue. Seller is asking $200 for it. I think it is a green label Mali. I remember reading that some of them were made by the Adam cue company? Is that true?

IbeAnEngineer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do people purposely sand the logos off of cues, in order to make them more mysterious and maybe more desirable? That is interesting info. Thanks.

Sanding the logo off in order to make something more mysterious and maybe more desirable. Very neat and interesting concept. I am wondering if that would work with an ex with a tramp stamp? Sorry for being off-topic just thinking out loud:grin:

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
Sanding the logo off in order to make something more mysterious and maybe more desirable. Very neat and interesting concept. I am wondering if that would work with an ex with a tramp stamp? Sorry for being off-topic just thinking out loud:grin:

My wife was interested in one of those. I told her not to change a thing, but she insisted on getting a tattoo.

We compromised. She got a tattoo of the small of her back on the small of her back.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes they do. I sold a nice looking old school veneered 4 point production cue I had bought for my Son with one shaft cue on eBay to a fellow for $125 a few years ago. He turned around added a cheap matching shaft ( so 2 shafts ) box case 'flipped' it as a 'Estate Find' mystery cue for $650. The Logo was mysteriously 'gone'.

This was his 'MO' - I called him out here and listed links to all his auctions on eBay several times warning potential buyers of this scammer. His handle was something like 'best-bathtub-repair' from Ga if I remember. Total scammer.....sure he is not the only pool cue flipper in the world who has or does this.

And that Mali that's on eBay for $199 needs a bunch of work, seller has crappy feedback, and offers no returns:bash:

-Kat,

On an off topic note, there is a very nice looking Mali on eBay (4 points with veneers into BEM forearm I think, and MOP inlays in the butt). Looks like it has a big 3/8x10 pin. Very nice looking cue. Seller is asking $200 for it. I think it is a green label Mali. I remember reading that some of them were made by the Adam cue company? Is that true?

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Thought Green Label MALI's were USA made cues. The cue you have pictured does have ring work that Lucasi has used a lot. Brian.

Thought Green Label MALI's were USA made cues. The cue you have pictured does have ring work that Lucasi has used a lot. Brian.

I always loved Adam cues (the ones that were made in Japan), so I would be very interested to know how to identify the ones that Adam made (I read that in a Mali thread). I do not know if that is true though.

mjkeil62

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin are you able to take a look at the cue first hand? If you can then maybe the ferrule or joint construction could give you some hints to who or which company made the cue. Also if the owner would let you remove the bumper to see if there are any marking there. Plus look at the construction there, weight bolt, and bumper screw. I have a feeling it is a production cue and isn't worth $400 but can't really tell from that photo. I would also ask the owner for any back information he can give you on the cue. If he is evasive then walk away.