Amazing Anniversary & Centennial work going on during the lockdown

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
I mean if we are going to sing Mark's praises, maybe a link to Don's thread is also fitting, ya know for potential customers to see both sides of what you might get.
Sure Mark didn't do the work, although look at his reaponses to Don when he first inquired, also his team moonlighting, so go figure.

I'v always thought people on this site like to brush the bad stuff under the table, look at all the people saying Glen screwed um, been here a few years never saw that stuff before the thread about the stolen money and rails.

If you are comparing someone taking money & rails for work never done to Mark not helping Don with his table....I am confused. The guys were doing there own job at Don's house. The guys did not work for Mark. They were not moonlighting they were out working

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guys were doing there own job at Don's house. The guys did not work for Mark. They were not moonlighting they were out working

You sure about that? At the very least he endorsed them, and the work.
attachment.php

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I mean if we are going to sing Mark's praises, maybe a link to Don's thread is also fitting, ya know for potential customers to see both sides of what you might get.
Sure Mark didn't do the work, although look at his reaponses to Don when he first inquired, also his team moonlighting, so go figure.

I'v always thought people on this site like to brush the bad stuff under the table, look at all the people saying Glen screwed um, been here a few years never saw that stuff before the thread about the stolen money and rails.

I have learned a TREMENDOUS amount of knowledge from both RKC and Mark. I have also have learned how not to handle business from both of them. RKC has more than disappointed me concerning the "missing rails"...

Mark and his "I will beat you up" & "I am the best in the world" attitude also has taught me how not to act as a businessman and in general as an adult.

I do know that ALL of us love what we do. I will continue my business and be happy. At the end of the day: we all have to be accountable and how we treat other people in the business says tons about us as individuals. I give respect to those who earn it. People who think they are better than others get nothing from me, I can give credit when it comes to the work, but, that does not I respect someone. I have great working relationships with far more companies in this industry that I ever imagined and I have also formed friendships with some of them.

I agree nothing should be brushed under the rug.

TFT

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
No Trent it is not obvious. Unfortunately I don't have the picture before but the leg actually looked decent. I will give you a little free education. Back in the old days pool room floors were wood & linoleum. They were mopped and oiled on the regular. Brunswick put the bands on the Anniversary & Centennial to try and keep the water from hitting the legs. The gold crown had the metal feet so they were fine.

I have restored 21 Anniversaries. I have had not a SINGLE complaint. I never thought I would buy a parts only table, but, that one would for sure be parts only. There are people who want original restorations and that is my business.

TFT

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member

You heard Don's side of the story, but not Mark's..

The guys who did this work are NOT Mark's team. They are local installers, who sometimes help Mark out. They told Don to call Mark, as a reference. Mark had nothing to do with this job, and was not making a cent from the exchange. He answered a few of Don's questions, but when Mark refused to review the photos that Don wanted to send to him, Don got upset.

Keep in mind, Mark is a busy guy. He has little interest in doing field service anymore, as he's busy enough building tables and rails. He wasn't making a nickel off this job, and this crew is NOT under his leadership. Mark had zero incentive to review the work of this crew, or to make corrections to the sub-par work.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The guys who did this work are NOT Mark's team. They are local installers, who sometimes help Mark out. They told Don to call Mark, as a reference. Mark had nothing to do with this job, and was not making a cent from the exchange. He answered a few of Don's questions, but when Mark refused to review the photos that Don wanted to send to him, Don got upset.

Keep in mind, Mark is a busy guy. He has little interest in doing field service anymore, as he's busy enough building tables and rails. He wasn't making a nickel off this job, and this crew is NOT under his leadership. Mark had zero incentive to review the work of this crew, or to make corrections to the sub-par work.

You are right but if Mark would have taken 5 second to review the pics of the hackwork, a lot of the issues would have been non starters. Mark would have told Don the work was shoddy. If he vouched for these guys he could have at least looked at the pics and not assumed they were doing things properly. Just my two cents.

bradsh98

Silver Member
I have restored 21 Anniversaries. I have had not a SINGLE complaint. I never thought I would buy a parts only table, but, that one would for sure be parts only. There are people who want original restorations and that is my business.

TFT

Again, using a thread about someone else, to sing your own praises... This is exactly why Mark got into it with you. It's a shame that more people don't call you out for this. You think that you are helping this forum, but you're more concerned with helping yourself. Every table "mechanic" on this forum sees it, even if your "happy customers" don't.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Is that not Mark's phone number in the screenshot I posted, why is Mark giving out references for these guys and endorsing them if that's the work they do?

Between his response and haphazardly recommending shit installers, and then of all things trying to justify the shit work cause Don may or may not have tried to haggle. Well, that tells me all I need to know about the guy.

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are right but if Mark would have taken 5 second to review the pics of the hackwork, a lot of the issues would have been non starters. Mark would have told Don the work was shoddy. If he vouched for these guys he could have at least looked at the pics and not assumed they were doing things properly. Just my two cents.

That would be the decent thing to do, I guess never try to haggle with Mark...

bradsh98

Silver Member
Is that not Mark's phone number in the screenshot I posted, why is Mark giving out references for these guys and endorsing them if that's the work they do?
Between his response and haphazardly recommending shit installers, and then of all things trying to justify the shit work cause Don may or may not have tried to haggle. Well, that tells me all I need to know about the guy.

Fair enough. Just understand, you might have missed some of the details that escalated it to that point.

Sure, perhaps the way that Mark handled it might not be to everyone's satisfaction. I get that, because I would have handed it differently, myself. However, Mark and I have a different focus. I have a lot of working years left, whereas Mark is at the other end of his career.

He's busy at the shop, building magnificent tables. He has little interest in doing field service work these days. Can't say that I blame him, for not wanting to waste his time, validating someone else's work.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Again, using a thread about someone else, to sing your own praises... This is exactly why Mark got into it with you. It's a shame that more people don't call you out for this. You think that you are helping this forum, but you're more concerned with helping yourself. Every table "mechanic" on this forum sees it, even if your "happy customers" don't.

We are all allowed our opinions! This is an open forum and I will say what I want, when I want. I have found this to be a fact in life, there will always be people who do not agree with you and that is totally ok with me. There is this wonderful option on here and I think you should use it: Go into your settings and add me to your IGNORE list. My ignore list is very short, I tend to just ignore things I don't like on here.

TFT

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Just gonna put this right here.

Hmm, it seems all "the best" have their issues. I would QUIT this business if anyone ever came on here like this:

My loss can be your gain

Mark has suffered a health problem and has not been able to meet several
dates to deliver my table which I paid $23,000 cash for

I am glad to see pictures and read in the main forum how he is working again

I have one of his 9 foot Centennial complete rebuild tables on order for over a year

He has not met one delivery date after another and the disappointments wearing thin on both my wife and myself

If you are considering buying one of his $25,000 Masterpieces and the price alone is in your way, I will sell you mine for thousands of dollars less

The table will not disappoint you,the previous ones are the best ever made,
it will feature all new wood rails and beautiful woods below the polished to perfection aluminum side curtains

mark will set it up professionally in your home if you live in the area

Oh yes,I have also paid for one o f his lights that will compliment your table
to perfection

When all is said and done the table that I think is by far the very best ever made,
not just because it is a Brunswick centennial,but a rebuilt to better than new
Mark Gregory masterpiece Centennial

Please do not think this is a criticism of Mark personally,he is a fine person,but
the missed deadlines promised are getting to my wife and myself

When friends ask about my new table that I was supposed to have last year and it is still not here ,it saddens us both

At any rate if you would like the Perfect Pocket perfect table and hand made light (led) for way less than retail buy mine

I must be paid now ,and you will get the table that Mark has already started and is his next,

you can confirm all this with him but you must pay me directly

call Dean

214 477 7323

I am prepared to offer you a substantial discount just to relieve my anxiety

Don't call unless you are seriously wanting one of these great tables
To order from Mark it would be $25000 for the table and close to $2000 for the light

you can buy this new one for thousands less

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't say that I blame him, for not wanting to waste his time, validating someone else's work.

That's odd you cant blame him, maybe he shouldn't blindy endorse people's work, you say they aren't his crew, but work for him at times and he endorses them blindy, sounds like a crew to me, semantics I guess.

And honestly the most disturbing part by far, was Mark trying to justify the crap work because" Don probably low balled them", good lord!

If someone can justify those installers doing a total crap job because of possible haggling, why would I expect anything better from Mark? Just tell the person you aren't interested in haggaling, not take the job and do shit work.