Segen Cues Contact Help

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My understanding is Evan retired and Segen shut down.
Could be but even that sounds a little off, don't you think? How long were they in business? 5 yrs? Less? Sounds like their market-research may have been a tad on the weak side. I was kinda surprised when they opened considering how flat the U.S. pool business has been.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
That doesn't sound right. Evan retired from Schon. From when was this information ?

I believe Evan did retire and Segen is closed. Larry Nevel posted the following on his Facebook a couple of weeks ago:

Larry Nevel
February 6 at 12:16pm · Pewaukee, WI ·
Well a sad day. My cue sponsor is retiring from building cues after 60 years of making great cues. Thank you Evan Clarke for your service to the pool industry.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
That doesn't sound right. Evan retired from Schon. From when was this information ?

Saw it the other day when I was trying to find some information about the cues. All of their web items are gone, and found a few people with newer cues for sale. Asked questions and my understanding is they are no more.

I'm not saying it is a fact, but all indications is that Segen is shut down.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Saw it the other day when I was trying to find some information about the cues. All of their web items are gone, and found a few people with newer cues for sale. Asked questions and my understanding is they are no more.

I'm not saying it is a fact, but all indications is that Segen is shut down.

Damn! Too bad. Evan looked like he was enjoying his time with Segen Cues.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I must have got one of his last cues. He delivered it to me a few months ago. It's a beauty!

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Guess he should have given out fewer Cars and paid more attention to the Cue Business.

Found it interesting the writer said Segen hired employees from a "downtrodden" local cuemaker. Can only assume they were referring to Schon. Meanwhile, which one is still in business?

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Found it interesting the writer said Segen hired employees from a "downtrodden" local cuemaker. Can only assume they were referring to Schon. Meanwhile, which one is still in business?

You DO know there's more than one cue manufacturer in Wisconsin, right?
McDermott
Pechauer
Jacoby
Viking
Schon
Schmelke

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't forget Mr. Runde. and Jackson. Must be the weather,huh? Lot cues made there.

Last edited:

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
Oh man this sucks. The last time that i met Evan was last summer at BCA Nationals. I shot one of his cues. Talked to him about ordering a custom design. I wrote him at beginning of january to begin ordering a cue and never heard back from him. But was excited at the idea of ordering a unique cue from him. Evan is a great cuemaker and a true character. Guess i will have to settle for a model where i can find one now.