Kansas City Pool Halls

Divine Sapience

Registered
Hi All,

My friends and I are looking for some advice.

We are headed to KC in 2 weeks for a concert and some delicious Midwest BBQ. We have a free night (Friday night) and we are wondering what the best pool hall would be for us to spend our Friday evening in.

We are looking for the best place to drink, eat, smoke and maybe get some action. I understand that some of the pool halls have an annual membership so that their members are allowed to smoke, is that true? Is there a good Friday night tourney? If we were to hop around to a few different pool halls which would be the ones to avoid?

Next subject: What is the best place to fill up on BBQ? I know everyone has their own opinions, but I am looking for a little direction on this subject. There are just so many to choose from! If there are any pool halls/BBQ joints that would be the place that we want to be.

Thanks for all the replies in advance.

Last edited:

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For BBQ, my favorite is Gates. There are several locations and just google it. Aurthur Bryant's is also very popular, but there are a dozen local type places all over town.

As for Friday night pool, the place to go is Shooters in Olathe. They have an excellent tournament (bar tables), 9-ball $10 + 2 green entry race to 5 winners race to 4 losers. Usually has 50 + players including some of the top in the city. Starts around 8pm. You can also smoke in Shooters, just sign in as a guest.

Darryl

Last edited:

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
It depends on where you are staying. If you are going to a concert, I'm guessing it's at the Kemper Center (downtown area/Plaza), then hit Fiorella's Jack Stack BBQ (a block over from the train station). If you hit Shooters in Olathe, then maybe you want to stop in Martin City for BBQ. Arthur Bryants is decent, but my favs are Gates and Jack Stack.

Eric >Oklahoma Joes?

Last edited:

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
raytown rec

you might find an interesting one pocket game at ray town recreation.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For BBQ, my favorite is Gates. There are several locations and just google it. Aurthur Bryant's is also very popular, but there are a dozen local type places all over town.

As for Friday night pool, the place to go is Shooters in Olathe. They have an excellent tournament (bar tables), 9-ball $12 entry race to 5 winners race to 4 losers. Usually has 50 + players including some of the top in the city. Starts around 8pm.

Darryl

I agree with Darryl on both accounts!

Ken

sjb

evolving player
Silver Member
Ditto what Darryl said.

Jack Stack in Martin City is good too.

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like Jack's Stack's too. I had a smoked prime rib there once...might have been the best prime rib I've ever had. Their sides and appetizers are the sh*t too.

Divine Sapience

Registered
Bump.....

Thanks to all who have replied up to this point. Anyone else have an opinion to share?

The show we are going to see is at the Riot Room in KC, that is on a Saturday night. By the sound of things we should plan on spending our Saturday night at Shooters. I know its a private club, but can we just get guest passes for the night?

Again thanks to those who have responded, and thanks in advance to those who will respond in the future.

P.S. Planning on eating at Gates BBQ, for sure. Any others we can't miss?

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Bump.....

Thanks to all who have replied up to this point. Anyone else have an opinion to share?

The show we are going to see is at the Riot Room in KC, that is on a Saturday night. By the sound of things we should plan on spending our Saturday night at Shooters. I know its a private club, but can we just get guest passes for the night?

Again thanks to those who have responded, and thanks in advance to those who will respond in the future.

P.S. Planning on eating at Gates BBQ, for sure. Any others we can't miss?

Shooters is not a private club. Its a regular poolhall, with bar.

BBQ in kc is like debating Republican or Democrat...check out more than one opinion. IMO, the 3 BBQ joints ya gotta hit are Jack stack, gates and arthur bryants. Any of those 3 can be considered the best in town, it all depends on you taste. Gates tends to be a little more sweeter, more molasses. Arthur Bryant's has a more gritty vinegar taste and Jack stack is in the middle, in my opinion.

Try em all.

Eric

Last edited: