The critics have been silenced...

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Disgusting

I know that years after we had any dealings with each other I wasn't on facebook a few hours before john typed three few line posts in a row attacking me then gloated over being able to block me there, unlike message forums. he looked a lot like the little boy on the school ground that runs up and hits somebody in the back and then goes hide behind the teacher.
I also know john got his whacker in a twist so badly over making an ass out of himself right here on AZB that he had his friend physically stalk me. The plan was supposedly for the two to physically attack me once they knew how to find me. john was living in Florida at the time and his friend near me. Seemed about par for the course, a pair of them needed to jump one old man.
john has set a record. Few if any will dispute that. Some like I will wonder how he suddenly posted a run far better than his recent personal best set in weeks of intense effort after twenty years of chasing the record. 490 was a significant outlier in itself. I suspect that with the pressure he had placed on himself and the incentives offered he might have gotten a little creative to get over the line. Nobody but john will know for sure and most pool players won't care if he cooked the books a bit or not. Pool has a long history of chem players. Did he or didn't he? I didn't care enough to bring the issue up but considering all the things that could mellow him out a bit I suspect his nerves might have been aided a little. Nobody will ever know and few if any will care.
Hu
Man oh man, you sure know how to put in effort to start trouble and be ugly about something.
How many 'books' have YOU cooked? You seem to know something about "how to spot that process".
The man did it fair....he deserves the utmost courtesy. It goes with winning.
Just go away, mister, just go away..........:kma:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think so too

Indeed, people that get in confrontations over and over on the net have a problem, like say john. I didn't know or care that he was on facebook. He posted three attacks and blocked me before I posted a single word about him. Definitely not my problem! I wasn't the one that had him physically stalked after internet words either.

I laughed when I made the first post in this thread knowing it would get all the fan boys of john's knickers in a twist. The fact remains that nothing in his past history indicated he could come with a 626. In fact, hundreds of tries strongly indicated he couldn't. Anyone that gives it two minutes thought and doesn't at least wonder a little might be the ones that are a bit willfully blind.

Those that are excited about the record might be better off to admire the accomplishment and not spend too much time thinking about the way it came to be. Without video nobody would believe the 626 possible, not even those attacking me now. It isn't unreasonable to wonder even with video how the seeming impossible was accomplished.

Hu

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Indeed, people that get in confrontations over and over on the net have a problem, like say john. I didn't know or care that he was on facebook. He posted three attacks and blocked me before I posted a single word about him. Definitely not my problem! I wasn't the one that had him physically stalked after internet words either.

I laughed when I made the first post in this thread knowing it would get all the fan boys of john's knickers in a twist. The fact remains that nothing in his past history indicated he could come with a 626. In fact, hundreds of tries strongly indicated he couldn't. Anyone that gives it two minutes thought and doesn't at least wonder a little might be the ones that are a bit willfully blind.

Those that are excited about the record might be better off to admire the accomplishment and not spend too much time thinking about the way it came to be. Without video nobody would believe the 626 possible, not even those attacking me now. It isn't unreasonable to wonder even with video how the seeming impossible was accomplished.

Hu

Lol, this is a weird statement. His high run can’t get higher? Especially after months of attempts. Nothing changes there in his game? Like I said before, and it’s true...anyone who can run 100-150 can run 1000. It’s just that it’s extremely unlikely that all the pieces will fall into place within the necessary time frame (maybe your 20’s to 50’s) you have to get lucky on all fronts, have the knowledge and skill, and not get unlucky. And have the stamina, drive, and belief.

John gave himself mad opportunities for that to happen with these sessions and it finally did.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Maybe.
I argued that 526 stood so long because the great players today are not paid to play 14.1 anymore.
Nobody gets paid to tour all over to play 14.1.
Kudos to JS for doing it on his dime.
For his sanity, I hope he stops though.

626 will be the official new record as soon as the Guinness announces it.
You can argue all you want about the details against it over the 526.

I think 626 is going to stand longer than 526.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hu

I don't know...I've personally "caught a gear" and played above how I normally play; nerves, bad thoughts, everything out the window and just played. I did it wthout any substance, it just happened. I think the same can be said for John. Sounds like your personal vendetta against the man could be clouding your perception, which is understandable. I think he deserves the benefit of any doubt. IMO, he was in the zone on the clean.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Implied billiards-related use of performance enhancement via drugs? Discussion of stalking and threats of physical assault? Specific slanderous and conceivably libelous exchanges between two players?

When the moderator(s) finds the time to read this particular thread he/she/they must decide whether this thread should remain. How does our beloved, creative and beautiful sport benefit from this kind of totally negative, injurious, and unproductive public discussion about issues that can't possibly be resolved here ?

Arnaldo

Last edited:

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been carefully avoiding my suspicion. Now that you mention it, john was shaking like a bird dog crapping peach pits when he got above 450 the first time. I'm not curious enough to watch the video but was john nice and mellow this time? Poker players take a certain drug like it's aspirin! Video is wonderful technology, so is drug testing. If I set a world record and was clean when I did it I would rush to a lab to bury any question of PED's. Modern technology just like the video.

Having had personal dealings with john a few times I know he has the balls of a bull gerbil if that isn't insulting gerbils. All of a sudden turning in a hero performance far beyond what he was ever able to do before does look very unlikely.

Now, don't you wish you had let sleeping dogs lie?

Hu

You mister really know how to insult someone. It is people like you who spit their venomous thoughts through the internet forums chasing away the good guys. Unfortunately there is not much what can be done about people like you,block function doesnt work too good on this forum..

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you been on Facebook? There are a bunch of haters. Pretty sad, actually.

getting on facebook was your first mistake, paying attention to anything said there is a second mistake.....

(not directed to you, just in general)

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do know if the Russians weren't colluding here. Maybe muller should investigate.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I have been carefully avoiding my suspicion. Now that you mention it, john was shaking like a bird dog crapping peach pits when he got above 450 the first time. I'm not curious enough to watch the video but was john nice and mellow this time? Poker players take a certain drug like it's aspirin! Video is wonderful technology, so is drug testing. If I set a world record and was clean when I did it I would rush to a lab to bury any question of PED's. Modern technology just like the video.

Having had personal dealings with john a few times I know he has the balls of a bull gerbil if that isn't insulting gerbils. All of a sudden turning in a hero performance far beyond what he was ever able to do before does look very unlikely.

Now, don't you wish you had let sleeping dogs lie?

Hu
What you've been doing is carefully planning your attack.

By the way, have you stopped beating your wife?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
PED's

There is a long list of PED's. They include herbs and supplements that john has long been a fan of trying. They also include OTC drugs and common prescription medications. They include illegal drugs too of course. Most would not care if he had used many of the PED's. Some wouldn't care if he used any of them being more fans of what was done than how it was done.

As for john, we all know a different john. Spend a few hours with him and get an impression. Several of my friends like him. That doesn't bother me a bit. His track record with me includes sending his buddy over to the pool room I played out of so the pair of them could find where I lived to pay me a visit. They weren't planning to bring flowers! I don't have any use for a stalker or a punk that has to bring a friend to help him. My friends understand my point of view.

Hu

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see nothing wrong with accepting John's 626 as a high run record.

However, I don't compare it to Mosconi's 526.

Two completely different environments and sets of circumstances.

Tables - different

Equipment - different

Atmosphere - different

Time spent attempting a high run - different (as far as anything I've ever heard)

Looking at each run, some of the following things come to my mind:

- What has been John's TOTAL number of hours spent trying to run more than 526 compared to Willie's (which is unknown, or if he even spent much time trying)

- How many times did John clean the table and balls during the run compared to Willie's

- How many distractions did John have to put up with vs Willie's

- How many breaks did John take and for how long vs Willie

- John switched ends on the table to rack and play on

- John was MOTIVATED...he had a record he wanted to break

- Willie may have not been as motivated. There was no high record for him to concentrate on beating.

With that said, each record is a significant feat that bears respect and each of the players have pocketed a hell of a lot more balls in 14.1 than many people can claim.

SlickRick_PCS

Pool, Snooker, Carom
Silver Member
I know that years after we had any dealings with each other I wasn't on facebook a few hours before john typed three few line posts in a row attacking me then gloated over being able to block me there, unlike message forums. he looked a lot like the little boy on the school ground that runs up and hits somebody in the back and then goes hide behind the teacher.

I also know john got his whacker in a twist so badly over making an ass out of himself right here on AZB that he had his friend physically stalk me. The plan was supposedly for the two to physically attack me once they knew how to find me. john was living in Florida at the time and his friend near me. Seemed about par for the course, a pair of them needed to jump one old man.

john has set a record. Few if any will dispute that. Some like I will wonder how he suddenly posted a run far better than his recent personal best set in weeks of intense effort after twenty years of chasing the record. 490 was a significant outlier in itself. I suspect that with the pressure he had placed on himself and the incentives offered he might have gotten a little creative to get over the line. Nobody but john will know for sure and most pool players won't care if he cooked the books a bit or not. Pool has a long history of chem players. Did he or didn't he? I didn't care enough to bring the issue up but considering all the things that could mellow him out a bit I suspect his nerves might have been aided a little. Nobody will ever know and few if any will care.

Hu

There's a certain time in a person's life when they need to get off the computer to avoid any more humiliation within themselves. Hu, now is that time for you to stop being an @$$hole and leave. Otherwise, continue acting like a soiled-draped baby, whining about something stupid...

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
too funny!

Many of the people calling me out for a lack of class are setting fine examples, of a lack of class that is.

I haven't said that john used PED's. All things considered it is a distinct possibility. I also have not called any other poster here a name, quite a bit more than some of y'all can say!

To those that have politely disagreed with me, thanks for your posts and my apologies, I am not going to try to reply to individual posts. I favor the old skin and it doesn't allow multi-quotes.

Hu

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
, No it hasn’t silenced the critics because they have some valid points, if the run was done in the same conditions that matched the run , there wouldn’t be any criticism, but clearly there is so that’s what you get

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No it hasn’t silenced the critics because they have some valid points, if the run was done in the same conditions that matched the run , there wouldn’t be any criticism, but clearly there is so that’s what you get

That is EXACTLY it and I've said that for years.

Everybody was trying to break the record under different conditions.

I'm not talking about different weather conditions outside, either.

I'm NOT accepting the explanation that a table like Willie used isn't available somewhere. With the thousands and thousands of tables Brunswick produced, there has to be plenty of similar tables out there.

How hard would it have been for someone to have obtained one (probably for cheap, if not free) and then set it up with the same type of rails and cloth?

If the right request was made in the appropriate circles, a table probably would have been DONATED for the cause at NO COST.

Everybody is claiming Willie's run was easier because of the table, etc. If it was EASIER, then why was everyone trying to do it under different conditions that were "supposedly" harder?

I'm not disputing that he ran 626 balls.

I'm just pointing out the differences.

Now that John has ran 626 on a 9-footer, it should be a piece of cake for him to run 527 on an 8-footer.

Set up the same table and hand John (or anybody else) a Rambow and tell them to go for it.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is EXACTLY it and I've said that for years.

Everybody was trying to break the record under different conditions.

I'm not talking about different weather conditions outside, either.

I'm NOT accepting the explanation that a table like Willie used isn't available somewhere. With the thousands and thousands of tables Brunswick produced, there has to be plenty of similar tables out there.

How hard would it have been for someone to have obtained one (probably for cheap, if not free) and then set it up with the same type of rails and cloth?

If the right request was made in the appropriate circles, a table probably would have been DONATED for the cause at NO COST.

Everybody is claiming Willie's run was easier because of the table, etc. If it was EASIER, then why was everyone trying to do it under different conditions that were "supposedly" harder?

I'm not disputing that he ran 626 balls.

I'm just pointing out the differences.

Now that John has ran 626 on a 9-footer, it should be a piece of cake for him to run 527 on an 8-footer.

Set up the same table and hand John (or anybody else) a Rambow and tell them to go for it.
I’m simply not a take thing at face value kinda guy in anything,I’m simply not starting today ,