View Single Post
Old
  (#44)
vjmehra
AzB Silver Member
vjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-01-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skogstokig View Post
i tend to scroll through their posts knowing that the majority of them have had some kind of personal beef with mr 600

if the BCA says it's a world record than that puts the matter to rest. the argument that there needs to be an exhibition audience is just funny to me. there are no paying audiences for straight pool anno 2019. you would probably have to pay people to watch 4 hours of live straight pool these days. and i would rather watch a video than read an affidavit..
I agree that once the BCA (and/or WPA?) say it’s a record, then it counts.

However ignoring all the stuff about tables etc (conditions change in all sports, if conditions had to be perfectly constant you’d have a million different records for virtually identical things) I think the exhibition argument is actually the best one.

Not so much because of the audience aspect, what bugs me is that the 526 was done against an opponent in an actual match (albeit not in ‘official’ tournament play), whereas for the 626 there was no opponent, so by definition it’s just ‘practice’.

I still expect the record to be ratified, but that aspect bugs me a little bit.