Starting treatment on Monday

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Knocking around some threads on azb can be frustrating at times for all of the pettiness but then I come back on here and see the true heart of azb, and it renews my faith in what a good group we have here.

And no one has more heart than you, Michael.

I admire how you are handling this with such grace and especially hanging on to your good humor even when things are far from being funny.

Lots of positive thoughts and prayers coming your way, Sir.

You got this!

best,
brian kc

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Knocking around some threads on azb can be frustrating at times for all of the pettiness but then I come back on here and see the true heart of azb, and it renews my faith in what a good group we have here.

I admire how you are handling this with such grace and especially hanging on to your good humor even when things are far from being funny.

You got this!

best,
brian kc

Brian - Everyone has favorites, for many reasons, be those favorites pool cues or shoes or cars or films or whatever. I try, hard, being here, not to play favorites in my responses to people. Everyone deserves to be, at the end of the day, treated with respect and even-handedness ( even though I fail from time to time ). But, as you're well aware, sometimes that seems almost impossible. *Especially* when a keyboard cowboy attacks a friend or something you hold dear. I've almost swallowed my tongue here many times refraining from blasting back with both barrels.

So ( and I know this hasn't made much sense yet but hopefully, that's coming right up! :grin: ), all that said, there are certain people here I value above all the others and I won't apologize for it, I think it's perfectly natural. I won't mention names as I wouldn't want to unduly embarrass anyone but by and large I feel most of those already know who they are. And I value them as friends, with *cause*, not simply by a roll of the dice. They've shown me things in themselves that I admire and, frankly, things I wouldn't mind having on my own checklist of personality traits. And ( get ready, KC, *SPOILER ALERT* ) at the risk of embarrassing one of them, you're one of those people, Brian. That you would post this here doesn't surprise me, as that is precisely why, to me, you're one of those people. But does it affect me? You can safely bet your a55 it does. Does it remind me why our community really is important? You bet your a55 it does. Am I grateful and does it cause me to have a lump in my throat even though I would NEVER admit that in public ( ummmmm... oops )? You bet your a55 it does.

Thanks Brian.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Michael, I am not a religious person, but I wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and wishing you the best in your fight.. I am not sure if we might have met at DCC at some point, but I hope so.. Stay tuff, brother..

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Michael, I am not a religious person, but I wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and wishing you the best in your fight.. I am not sure if we might have met at DCC at some point, but I hope so.. Stay tuff, brother..

Thanks, Russ. You're another one. :grin-square:

I ain't never been to DCC. Sure as hell wish I had. Who knows what the future holds, though. I would LOVE to get up there for it.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You got this!

best,
brian kc

Amen. I agree 100% even though I have been on a pool break for a while. That is why I still come thru almost every day.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny you should use that analogy, as that is *exactly* the image I had in my mind when my radiation oncologist said "You're getting a feeding tube."

:duck:

Yep!! The jugs I have seen are around that size too. The stuff in there Looks kind of like a milkshake. .

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Yep!! The jugs I have seen are around that size too. The stuff in there Looks kind of like a milkshake. .

They've sent me **FOUR** cases of it. I suppose I'm happy I won't be able to taste it. Yeah, it's "chocolate" but I've heard it's pretty nasty stuff. Won't matter, though, as long as I can get nutrition in me. I'm so weak, physically, from eating nothing these past 3 weeks, I can't even stand up for more than a few minutes. The wife and I went to the room to play a bit last evening to get out of the house and had to pull up after 20 minutes. I just couldn't stand up. Soooooooooo... the sooner I get that stuff in me, the better.

:yeah:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They've sent me **FOUR** cases of it. I suppose I'm happy I won't be able to taste it. Yeah, it's "chocolate" but I've heard it's pretty nasty stuff. Won't matter, though, as long as I can get nutrition in me. I'm so weak, physically, from eating nothing these past 3 weeks, I can't even stand up for more than a few minutes. The wife and I went to the room to play a bit last evening to get out of the house and had to pull up after 20 minutes. I just couldn't stand up. Soooooooooo... the sooner I get that stuff in me, the better.

:yeah:

Sounds like you are all set.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Just was talking to an old friend last night at the pool hall...Chinese Jamaican...
...lived in Canada for 20 years...he and his wife opened up the most popular restaurant
and night spot in Kingston, Jamaica a few years ago.
He started to visit a lot in the last year...grew a beard..finally told me he was undergoing
cancer treatment...well, last night he was clean shaven and his wife had flown in.
...told me he was 100% cancer free.
...so I told him “I guess you’re worried that some of your employees are driving new cars.”
...he grinned, said “Yep, that’s when I knew I was getting better.”

pt...looking to hear the same report from Michael

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Just was talking to an old friend last night at the pool hall...Chinese Jamaican...
...lived in Canada for 20 years...he and his wife opened up the most popular restaurant
and night spot in Kingston, Jamaica a few years ago.
He started to visit a lot in the last year...grew a beard..finally told me he was undergoing
cancer treatment...well, last night he was clean shaven and his wife had flown in.
...told me he was 100% cancer free.
...so I told him “I guess you’re worried that some of your employees are driving new cars.”
...he grinned, said “Yep, that’s when I knew I was getting better.”

pt...looking to hear the same report from Michael

I am on the road to recovery, PT, I promise you! :dance:

This ain't keepin' ME down!

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, can't wait for the 'all clear' from Michael, followed
by "guess what, I'm breaking and running out 9 ball, playing
runout 1 Pocket.. who wants some?" stay frosty, Mike!:cool:

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Yeah, can't wait for the 'all clear' from Michael, followed
by "guess what, I'm breaking and running out 9 ball, playing
runout 1 Pocket.. who wants some?" stay frosty, Mike!:cool:

It's -20 degrees in here, Runner! I'm COLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

:grin::grin::grin:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's sending some positive vibes and prayers your way for a speedy recovery! :smiling-heart:
Keep strong and think positive thoughts.

We're all in your corner and will be there when you reach the finish line and beat this.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Here's sending some positive vibes and prayers your way for a speedy recovery! :smiling-heart:
Keep strong and think positive thoughts.

We're all in your corner and will be there when you reach the finish line and beat this.

Thank you Jennie. That means an awful lot, as I'm sure you already know. I'll be out the other side of this in no time. Then I'll be back to boring everyone here to tears the way it SHOULD be done!!! :D:D:D

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Today was my 4th chemo. 3 to go. I weighed in at 202. I was 237 on May 6th, so 35 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks. Not good. But getting the feeding tube tomorrow at 1pm, so I'll be putting on weight again very soon. Plus I won't feel like I'm starving all the time, either.

Bumpy flight so far but I'm beginning to see the landing strip lights down through the clouds. Pretty soon the stew will announce it's time to put the seats upright and fasten the seat belts.

Homeward bound...

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Today was my 4th chemo. 3 to go. I weighed in at 202. I was 237 on May 6th, so 35 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks. Not good. But getting the feeding tube tomorrow at 1pm, so I'll be putting on weight again very soon. Plus I won't feel like I'm starving all the time, either.

Bumpy flight so far but I'm beginning to see the landing strip lights down through the clouds. Pretty soon the stew will announce it's time to put the seats upright and fasten the seat belts.

Homeward bound...

230am and I'm here instead of sleeping. Just woke up @ 30 mins ago and couldn't fall back so here I am. Have to get up at 615 to leave for the hospital at 7. The fun starts with blood drawn at 9am, then see the nutritionist, then radiation, then surgery prep for the feeding tube which is set for 1pm. Then an hour of additional fluids ( saline water ) I.V. then finally home.

Going to be a loonnngggggggggg day and I'm here, catching up on the 626 run.

I must be nuts...

Last edited:

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
230am and I'm here instead of sleeping. Just woke up @ 30 mins ago and couldn't fall back so here I am. Have to get up at 615 to leave for the hospital at 7. The fun starts with blood drawn at 9am, then see the nutritionist, then radiation, then surgery prep for the feeding tube which is set for 1pm. Then an hour of additional fluids ( saline water ) I.V. then finally home.

Going to be a loonnngggggggggg day and I'm here, catching up on the 626 run.

I must be nuts...

You got this, Michael... :thumbup: