The Best Non Layered tips?

SPINDOKTOR

lool wtf??
Silver Member
Recently I made a purchase from billiardwarehouse.com I needed some tips, and since I do all the tips at my local hall I always buy boxes of 50. Useualy I buy Triangle, Elkmaster, Le Pro etc.. this time since I have had some issues with some brands pressed lop sided out of the box, I decided to try something else...

While Browsing the site I ran across Sterling brand pressed leather tips..

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/accessories/cuetips.htm

They Are located at the very bottom of the page..

First impression? These tips are the best I have tried period, I had no idea single leather tips could be so good. The tip is a medium hard, Shapes super easy and mine has yet to mushroom, (installed 3 weeks) I have installed 8 so far, everyone who has tried one has commented on how well they play.. I also noticed an increase in accuracy as well as spin.

I myself like them better than some layered tips, as a matter of fact I have installed these tips on all my cues including my break cue because of the lack of maitenence..

just a heads up..

SPINDOKTOR

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks spindoktor. i've seen those tips around, but never tried one because i didn't know anything about them. guess i'll have to give one a try one day. odd thing though is that they seem to be only available in 13mm?
so far the best single layer tip that i've tried is the triangle. elkmaster would probably be my second, though you really need to press them a little first. lepros are decent if you press them as well.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Spindoc...I played with LePros for 10 years, then went to Talisman layered mediium....now I use Triangle. Maybe I'll go with these next....

Anyone (or a few of us) wanna go in and split up a box....it will take me forever to use 50!:D

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
SPINDOKTOR said:
Recently I made a purchase from billiardwarehouse.com I needed some tips, and since I do all the tips at my local hall I always buy boxes of 50. Useualy I buy Triangle, Elkmaster, Le Pro etc.. this time since I have had some issues with some brands pressed lop sided out of the box, I decided to try something else...

While Browsing the site I ran across Sterling brand pressed leather tips..

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/accessories/cuetips.htm

They Are located at the very bottom of the page..

First impression? These tips are the best I have tried period, I had no idea single leather tips could be so good. The tip is a medium hard, Shapes super easy and mine has yet to mushroom, (installed 3 weeks) I have installed 8 so far, everyone who has tried one has commented on how well they play.. I also noticed an increase in accuracy as well as spin.

I myself like them better than some layered tips, as a matter of fact I have installed these tips on all my cues including my break cue because of the lack of maitenence..

just a heads up..

SPINDOKTOR

If you like Le Pro or triangle tips try Tad tips. Tads wife make them and they are very good tips. They are more expensive than other non-layered tips but in my opinion they are worth the price. I use a Odrometer on all my tips, and these tips are consistantly the same.

1.jpg

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
asn130 said:
i think lepro's hit very well if they are pressed before installed.

I have a question Dude, and I truly mean no offense, but do the guys in your Avatar play Banjo's and live near a River!!!!!!:eek: Because I would not want to meet them during a Cannoe Trip through the Mountains!!!:D

Robertduke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
manwon said:
I have a question Dude, and I truly mean no offense, but do the guys in your Avatar play Banjo's and live near a River!!!!!!:eek: Because I would not want to meet them during a Cannoe Trip through the Mountains!!!:D
Squeal boy squeal like a pig.. haha

SPINDOKTOR

lool wtf??
Silver Member
manwon said:
If you like Le Pro or triangle tips try Tad tips. Tads wife make them and they are very good tips. They are more expensive than other non-layered tips but in my opinion they are worth the price. I use a Odrometer on all my tips, and these tips are consistantly the same.

View attachment 58835

I havent had the chance to try the TAD tips, funny because Tad is my favorite cue maker...lol are these tips available through you? if not where can I find them?

The Sterling tips are impressive, much better IMHO than Le pro or even triangle, They look simular to Le pro, but play alot better, and shape twice as easy, but without wear issues, at first I was leary because a tip that shaped so easy youd expect it to wear pretty fast but this just isnt the case.. Sterling must use only the highest grade leather available.

Maybe sterling could offer these tips in packages of three, Im not sure how to contact sterling, but if anyone has a link or a number, I'll ask..

SPINDOKTOR

ragoo1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kreisler Layered (sp?) tip

Has anyone heard of a Kreisler(sp?) layered tip? I have never heard of them but friend of mine says they are better than Moori.... Can't find them when doing a search on the internet

asn130

Night owl
Silver Member
manwon said:

Yeah, those 2 goons could sure ruin a canoe ride.

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
manwon said:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
asn130 said:
Yeah, those 2 goons could sure ruin a canoe ride.

They also prove that incest certainly is not best!!!!!!!!:eek: :D
However, it appears that they certainly have kept thier genes in the family for a long time!!!

Last edited:

our_auctionguy

The Wall.....
Silver Member
I think you meant to say...

manwon said:
They also prove that incest certainly is not best!!!!!!!!:eek: :D
However, it appears that they certainly have kept thier genes in the family for a long time!!!

However, it appears that they certainly have taken their jeans off for the family for a long time!!![/