Palmer Cues - Decent?

fxskater

Ryan The Salmon Arm Lynn
Silver Member
I found what seems to be a really good deal on E-bay, but i know nothing about Palmer cues. Are they pretty decent? Do they do decal work? I know alot of people looking for a cue around $100 and I'm wondering if this could be a decent solution. Check out the auction here.

mastercueartist

Registered
Palmer cue

If your just starting out that would be a great cue to learn how to take care of a cue. In general The old palmer cues were picked up at my shop more by the pros then any other to hit balls around the table while cutting up.I do not know the new palmer cues but the old ones were built pretty decent for the money.I would personally think that maybe getting a better USED cue from one of the guys here may be a better start for you.Im sure you can find a cue for $100 that will hit balls fair enough for you to start your game a get the just of equiptment.Also take this into consideration a cue really dont need to be fancy to hit balls good.They make a cue called a sneaky pete that looks like a house cue but alot of the makers make high quality ones.I will give you a very good suggestion though as this appears to be your first cue. Learn how to take care of it properly.I have done so many reapirs and adjustment a refinishes from some of the best shooters in the world just because they did not take proper care in their cue.Great luck to you

fxskater

Ryan The Salmon Arm Lynn
Silver Member
Mastercueartist:
I'm not a noob here. I play with a custom Foster cue. I am a big promoter of the game in my area and people come to me for cues, i have sold all my old cues, so i am looking at buying and selling now, with little or no profit. I just wanna get decent cues in the hands of everyone around and i am wondering if this is a good option. I know i can get used Falcon's, Viking, Meucci, Lucasi's and such for about $100 USD, but i am looking for a solid source that i can go back to again and again, allowing me to qoute solid prices. Anyone know anything about new Palmer cues? I know the old ones were customs and pretty damn good, but I'm looking to see if anyone knows anything about these, what look to be, china cues.

MrLucky

Pool Fanatic!!
Silver Member
China Cues

fxskater said:
Mastercueartist:
I'm not a noob here. I play with a custom Foster cue. I am a big promoter of the game in my area and people come to me for cues, i have sold all my old cues, so i am looking at buying and selling now, with little or no profit. I just wanna get decent cues in the hands of everyone around and i am wondering if this is a good option. I know i can get used Falcon's, Viking, Meucci, Lucasi's and such for about $100 USD, but i am looking for a solid source that i can go back to again and again, allowing me to qoute solid prices. Anyone know anything about new Palmer cues? I know the old ones were customs and pretty damn good, but I'm looking to see if anyone knows anything about these, what look to be, china cues.

EXACTOMUNDO!!!! After the early 80's are all tiwan and china they are Palmer in name only just like the newer ADAMS and BALABUSHKAS!
:(

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Palmer cue

fxskater said:
Mastercueartist:

I bought one of these "NEW" Palmers from I believe the same guy you had the link to. He was good to deal with and although the cue had no marking as to who made this Palmer I can tell you it was a great cue for the money. I think I paid about 100 dollars with shipping.

jjinfla

Banned
Looks like he is offering to sell 5 for $54 each including shipping.

Send him an e-mail for more info.

Jake

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
fxskater said:
I found what seems to be a really good deal on E-bay, but i know nothing about Palmer cues. Are they pretty decent? Do they do decal work? I know alot of people looking for a cue around $100 and I'm wondering if this could be a decent solution. Check out the auction here.

I haven't tried these particular cues, but they look like the spliced Taiwan imports (like KC custom). I don't think these are decal jobs. My experience has been very good value for the money and nice quality butt/handle sections. The shafts though have never been very good and the cues are prone to warpage. You probably just have to buy one and just try it, wait a few months and see if it stays straight.

Chris

Jack Flanagan

P. T. Barnum was right !
Silver Member
palmer, palmer, who's selling the real thing ?,,,several different people sell cues on eBay, claiming they are palmer cues (another dubious seller of 'palmer cues' is kurlykatescorner ),,,some have a logo on the butt unlike any seen anywhere else, but they all claim to be 'palmer' ,,,who can tell ? NOBODY can,,,all cheap imports, IMHO,,,***

***kinda like anything with a Mizerak or Minnesota Fats label,,,

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ok.

The break cue I use, I purchased from this guy. He seems honest enough and has been good with communication.....even though I have had some issues with the cue.

The ferrule and tennon on this cue broke. Was told it was drilled and installed poorly.

I replaced the tennon and installed a one piece ferrule / tip phenolic.

He wanted me to return the entire cue and was willing to replace it but I didn't want to go that way.

The way I understand it, is that he somehow gets his hands on pre-production cues and is allowed to re-sell them. Mine does not have any of the Palmer logos or such on it.

Outside of the ferrule and tennon, I have been happy with the fit and finish of the cue, for the cost.

HTH.

Dave

driven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fxskater said:

I only have one cue and it a a Palmer. I wouldn't play with anything else. When I wanted an extra shaft I went to Elizabeth, NJ. and brought directly from them. I believe they went out of business some time ago. I wouldn't buy anything new with the Palmer name. Not really a Palmer anymore.

coolpoolfool

Pool lover
I own two cues which are both Palmer. I got them from the DCC.

The first one I've had for about 4 years, the second one 2 years. A couple of times I have accidentally left them in their case in the trunk of the car in extreme heat or extreme cold. (I know, *GASP!*) They have NEVER warped. I love the way they feel and look. I paid under $100 for both of them. They have the Palmer logo on them.

I'm still dreamin' of a Lucasi but these cues are great for the money.

lukeinva

Banned
coolpoolfool said:
I own two cues which are both Palmer. I got them from the DCC.

The first one I've had for about 4 years, the second one 2 years. A couple of times I have accidentally left them in their case in the trunk of the car in extreme heat or extreme cold. (I know, *GASP!*) They have NEVER warped. I love the way they feel and look. I paid under $100 for both of them. They have the Palmer logo on them.

I'm still dreamin' of a Lucasi but these cues are great for the money.

I have a lucasi $300. I am just refinishing the cue now! Comes with one shaft. Brand New it retailed for $480 I believe.