OB Cues "Digicue" thoughts

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB hinted at a new product release at the BCA show in Chicago. I can't find the thread but I was curious about it and looked at their facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/obcues/

It's called the "Digicue" and from what I gather it detects aberrant movement of the cue during the stroke, and prompts the user with a vibration. Attaches to the butt end with a rubber cup.

Interesting, what say you even headed minions of AZB?

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
DigiCue

13718563_1248104915201110_415332607393204806_n.jpg

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB hinted at a new product release at the BCA show in Chicago. I can't find the thread but I was curious about it and looked at their facebook:

It's called the "Digicue" and from what I gather it detects aberrant movement of the cue during the stroke, and prompts the user with a vibration. Attaches to the butt end with a rubber cup.

Interesting concept. :thumbup:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious about what it measures. What gives an "error buzz?" Side-to-side movement, inconsistency in speed, jerky transition from back to forward swing?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I don't think this device would help me...I deliberately cross stroke on a lot of shots.
...might like it as a practise device for hitting dead ball though.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
I'm curious about what it measures. What gives an "error buzz?" Side-to-side movement, inconsistency in speed, jerky transition from back to forward swing?

More information on the DIGICUE will be on our website soon but here is a little more info for you:

DigiCue

A truly revolutionary electronic cue training device for improving player performance through stroke consistency and accuracy. Aligned with OB Cues mission to help players get serious about their game, this patent pending training aid will benefit novices and professionals alike.

Simply slide the DigiCue onto the butt end of your cue, push the power button and then play your game of choice. This device is like having your own personal coach giving you immediate feedback on every shot that you shoot by alerting you with vibrations when it detects any inconsistencies in your stroke.

Detects (with vibrations)
• Jab strokes
• Steering
• Body english
• Standing up during stroke

Features:
• 3 unique settings: novice, intermediate and advanced modes
• Discreet and lightweight (less than an ounce)
• Can be used both when you practice but most importantly, during competition
• Comes with two sizes to fit the vast majority of Pool, Snooker, and Carom cues
• Automatically shuts off after 5 minutes of not hitting a ball to maximize battery life
• Battery included
• Made in the USA

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

I'm an automation engineer. Sensor technology is my middle name. Or my 4th name.

This product works.

Freddie

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More information on the DIGICUE will be on our website soon but here is a little more info for you:

DigiCue

A truly revolutionary electronic cue training device for improving player performance through stroke consistency and accuracy. Aligned with OB Cues mission to help players get serious about their game, this patent pending training aid will benefit novices and professionals alike.

Simply slide the DigiCue onto the butt end of your cue, push the power button and then play your game of choice. This device is like having your own personal coach giving you immediate feedback on every shot that you shoot by alerting you with vibrations when it detects any inconsistencies in your stroke.

Detects (with vibrations)
• Jab strokes
• Steering
• Body english
• Standing up during stroke

Features:
• 3 unique settings: novice, intermediate and advanced modes
• Discreet and lightweight (less than an ounce)
• Can be used both when you practice but most importantly, during competition
• Comes with two sizes to fit the vast majority of Pool, Snooker, and Carom cues
• Automatically shuts off after 5 minutes of not hitting a ball to maximize battery life
• Battery included
• Made in the USA
I'm looking forward to getting one. There are some pool players who don't believe in the importance of the kinds of movements measured by this device, in these kinds of fundamentals. They obviously wouldn't be interested in something like this, and that's OK.

But it makes a lot of sense to me that the kinds of things instructors focus on - smooth, straight strokes - could be measured like this. It can't help you to pocket a ball directly, but if the instructors who focus on fundamentals are right, I can see how it could help a lot to develop the kinds of good habits that this device will encourage.

Have you had instructors work with this and test it yet?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool idea but I'm not very surprised to see it. If ever given the opportunity I'd probably try it out but here are my initial thoughts. With me this thing will go thru a hell of a lot of batteries lol. Body English is a given and no plans of ever changing that. Not even gonna get into my stroke. BUT, if I were using this in action I would be SCARED TO DEATH it will go off in the most inopportune times. Not kidding, just as I go to shoot a case ball, a hill hill 9er whatever - it will start buzzing . Imy guessing this is for practice only, so that means I'm out since I don't really practice. As with other training tools; as I've stated many times, I think this might be very good for a novice - someone very early on when they start playing. Anyway cool idea and don't know till ya try it right?

Colormegone2002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like a really cool idea. The problem may come in the price for some people.

I would think a lot of R&D went into this product and it has to pay for itself.Therefor

I would think the price will reflect that. I'm looking forward to the day it releases and

I hope it's affordable for anyone who would love the chance to try this product.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll wait for a video of the sensor in action. If I like it, I buy it. I like the concept but am not able to visualize the sensor in action.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I don't need a digital cue.

I need digital balls! Balls that detect that they are not heading to the pocket and correct themselves.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the choice OB has made for theirs to be self-contained makes more sense and is more practical.

Exactly. The idea is that the player gets immediate feedback. He isn't distracted by the need to go look at statistics or a plot later on to see how he performed. DigiCue improves your stroke via classical conditioning, which over time form the basis of true change / improvement.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly. The idea is that the player gets immediate feedback. He isn't distracted by the need to go look at statistics or a plot later on to see how he performed. DigiCue improves your stroke via classical conditioning, which over time form the basis of true change / improvement.

Actually the QMD does give you instant feedback, audible and/or vibration, when your stroke goes off line. It's sensitivity to off line movements is also adjustable to your personal preferences/skill level. Plus it automatically records graphic 3-d animations of your cue's movements that can be analyzed frame by frame if you'd like, on your smartphone or tablet, to pinpoint any problem areas in your stroke.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like a really cool idea. The problem may come in the price for some people.

I would think a lot of R&D went into this product and it has to pay for itself.Therefor

I would think the price will reflect that. I'm looking forward to the day it releases and

I hope it's affordable for anyone who would love the chance to try this product.

I think Shane said it would be sub $100.