Follow-through drill

jed1894

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I've discovered my draw problem: not enough follow-though.

Anyone know of any drills to help me learn how to follow-through better?

JEd

scottycoyote

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
do a search talking about s-p-f-f.....stop pause finish freeze. Basically if you dont drop your elbow, you can follow thru any farther than where your hand hits your chest, so just make sure that happens and youve followed thru all you can. Im not even going into whether to drop the elbow or not lol.

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
I've used this kind of a mental imaging drill on my students: place an object ball near the middle pocket about a 1' away from the middle pocket. Now lineup the cueball with the object ball in a way that you have a straight in shot to the corner. Make sure you can cue freely on a regular stance. The distance between the object ball and cueball should be about 1-1.5'.

Now get down on the shot, make sure you are correctly lined up and while you are taking your practice strokes, forget about the cueball and try to visualize yourself hitting the object ball with the tip of your cue. Try soft to regular speed to start with, later you can hit the shot really hard. I was surprised to see student with simple mechanics splitting the wicket shot after shot with this exercise.

The important part is to line up correctly, this routine also tells you if you are not lining up properly. Also, make sure you stay down on your shot.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Last edited: