How far can you draw?

crappoolguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put the CB about 10 inches away from the short rail, the object in the jaws of the far corner pocket and see how far you can draw back! I tried this today and I just wanna see how close I am to the average AZer. :)

PS: I got about 5 and a half feet of draw.

I rack balls

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I could get back to the end rail and then some on a good day on a 9 footer...........depends on the cloth........ new cloth maybe 7 tables....... :D

Eric.

Last edited:

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
I've been able to draw back the length of the table and back out just past the side pocket...

av84fun

Banned
crappoolguy said:
Put the CB about 10 inches away from the short rail, the object in the jaws of the far corner pocket and see how far you can draw back! I tried this today and I just wanna see how close I am to the average AZer. :)

PS: I got about 5 and a half feet of draw.

Run the set up by me again. Say I'm standing at the head rail and have the CB 10 inches off the head rail on the LEFT side of the table shooting for a straight in on an OB in the jaws of the lower RIGHT corner?

Is that what you mean?

Thanks

crappoolguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
av84fun said:
Run the set up by me again. Say I'm standing at the head rail and have the CB 10 inches off the head rail on the LEFT side of the table shooting for a straight in on an OB in the jaws of the lower RIGHT corner?

Is that what you mean?

Thanks

Yeah, that's what I meant, sorry :) I'm really trying to work on my draw at the moment it used to be better a month or two ago but I'm slowly getting it back. :)

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
crappoolguy said:
Yeah, that's what I meant, sorry :) I'm really trying to work on my draw at the moment it used to be better a month or two ago but I'm slowly getting it back. :)

Sounds like you're lookin' for action.... :rolleyes:

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
I SUCK at drawing.....the inlaws won't even let me play Pictionary at family get-togethers anymore. Probably has something to do with me always including boobies or peckers to show gender??!!!

Robertduke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
trustyrusty said:
I SUCK at drawing.....the inlaws won't even let me play Pictionary at family get-togethers anymore. Probably has something to do with me always including boobies or peckers to show gender??!!!
hahaha I needed that laugh..

jon21588

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did this on a seven foot valley with nappy cloth and the mudball a few months ago. I was about 5 inches from the short rail and drew it back to the rail I shot it on with a house cue. I thought it was pretty good for the conditions. I don't have a 9' to try it on though.

Zirroe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i can draw full table. I just got back from tournament and my opponent hung the 2 ball in the top left corner and the 3 was on the bottom rail about one diamond out the cue ball was 2 inches from the bottom rail about a half diamond away from the side. Now there was too much traffic to go 3 rails. I know my stroke pretty well and i knew i was capable of drawing it that far. So i went for it and got the cue ball to zip back all the way and bounce a few inches off the bottom rail, leaving me perfect on the 3 ball. I ran out that rack from there............too bad I still lost the match

MasterClass

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could make draw shots very well and easily too. I was told that is was because of my predator shaft having the ability to produce alot of spin.

Does anyone else notice the same?

Reactions: JLW

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
MasterClass said:
I could make draw shots very well and easily too. I was told that is was because of my predator shaft having the ability to produce alot of spin.

you think that's something...I've heard Cuetec's SST shaft is incredible - look at some of the other threads here :rolleyes:

arsenius

Nothing ever registers...
Silver Member
I can normally draw at least a full table length (9 foot) easily from about 6 diamonds away. I can't draw much further no matter how far I try! Sometimes if I'm hitting them good 1 and 1/4 table lengths.:)

Zirroe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MasterClass said:

I use to play with a predator and it does help, I now play with a regular shaft and my stroke is developed enough that I can juice the ball with whatever english I desire. But there are some people that just cant produce the stroke well enough and the predator technology does aid in it. But a local pro in my area (Dave Hemmah) plays with a predator and he does the craziest stroke shots Ive seen, which I dont think can be done without a predator

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
crappoolguy said:
Put the CB about 10 inches away from the short rail, the object in the jaws of the far corner pocket and see how far you can draw back!

Hey, I'll be happy if I pocket that object ball! :D

av84fun

Banned
Craig Fales said:
I've been able to draw back the length of the table and back out just past the side pocket...

On a 9' table? That's 12 diamonds of draw (actually a little more since the CB is traveling on a diagonal...with a an original 7 diamond spearation between CB and OB.

WOW...that's a championship draw stroke...congratulations!

Regards,
Jim

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
How about 2 full table length's and then some?:eek:
Not me...Larry Nevel. Like Grady say's..."he's got a stoke thats not even due out until the year 2010!":D

av84fun

Banned
I understand where you are coming from in seeking to get a feeling for how your draw stroke compares with others...but the more I think about it the more I realize that any such comparisons will be pretty flawed and therefore, possibly not all that useful for you.

The issues are how significantly your CB's age and therefore, size and weight might vary from others...and your tip and shaft vs. others etc.

I think you will end up with an apples to bananas comparison.

IMHO, 5 1/2 feet from a 7 diamond + separation is a pretty sporty draw strorke.

Ironically enough...in a tip comparison at JOBs just 2 days ago a TOP road player sucked the same shot almost back to the head rail but no more...after several tries with a Moori medium and a LePro medium.

Regards,
Jim