Traditional shaft cue

Charles Hartfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like you guys opinion on what is the best production sneaky pete cue with a traditional (non ld) shaft. Thanks in advance for the responses. Charles

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like you guys opinion on what is the best production sneaky pete cue with a traditional (non ld) shaft. Thanks in advance for the responses. Charles

I have a Players Sneaky Pete and I've had a Schmelke...I prefer the Schmelke.

I had Schmelke use their best shaft blank wood to make my shaft and it is one of the best shafts I've had. The wood is dense, it has fine grain, and it is super smooth with a nice feel.

The good thing about ordering from Schmelke is that you can adjust things...butt diameter, taper, etc...things you can't normally do when ordering a production cue from somewhere.

Charles Hartfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I had Schmelke use their best shaft blank wood to make my shaft and it is one of the best shafts I've had. The wood is dense, it has fine grain, and it is super smooth with a nice feel.

The good thing about ordering from Schmelke is that you can adjust things...butt diameter, taper, etc...things you can't normally do when ordering a production cue from somewhere.

Thank you sir.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Joint Type on a Schmelke

What type of joint did you get on the Schmelke?
10 to 1.....wood to wood, 5/16” x 18?
Does anyone really like the traditional Schmelke Brass Joint?

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also have a Schmelke in a Sneaky Pete and also one with a traditional shaft that is a little "nicer" - I think they are both great cues, IMO, but I'm not a high caliber player and my only other experience before those were ancient house cues, cheap traditional cues and the made in Canada Dufferins I bought many years ago to have in the rack. I don't really use the Sneaky Pete much - I ordered some different diameters in the cues just for some variety for anyone that might want to play and the one that was a little more custom I've found to be just right for me.

I indulged last spring and had a cue made by Pat Diveney. It would also be described as a Sneaky Pete and is all kielwood. It is definitely noticeably different in feel than the Schmelke cues. I really like it a lot, and anyone looking at it wouldn't think it was anything special, but it was more expensive. I still reach for the Schmelke I like best just as often as the Diveney - again, love them both.

nj82tj

The dude abides.
Silver Member
I looked at that cue online and it looks sharp. Thanks for the recommendation.

They play really nicely. If you email them directly you will most likely talk to the owner and he’ll customize it however you want. I just bought a cocobolo MW with a 3/8x10 mod pin. It’s exceptional for a “production” cue. Good luck.

Attachments

• EC2C7D56-BA89-4F16-8252-C9E3E1281BA3.jpeg
    EC2C7D56-BA89-4F16-8252-C9E3E1281BA3.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 309