Pool table spiders? Balls stuck?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I went to a bar and played pool. I have already been to this place before so I wont bore you with the details of the place. But on game 8 when I pressed the button to release the balls 1 ball got stuck. It was the 8 ball. How common of an occurrence is this with spiders in tables? Does anyone know of anything that can be done when this happens to fix the issue? The lady behind the bar just gave me another 8 ball. They do not have any keys and the only way to really fix the issue would have been to call the pool table people. Even the pool tables at the pool hall have spiders in them.

Thanks

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a common phenomenon as spiders are known to enjoy the game of three-ball. They will randomly trap balls until only three balls remain forcing players to partake in their favorite match.

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish I could go to all these random bars with janky pool tables as often as you do. You’re living the life!!!!

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Look at the trap and know what it looks like with 15 balls. Soon you will know at a glance if it is a full rack. Address the issue before you pay or press button if prepaid.

This is a bad time of year dealing with arachnids.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Does anyone know of anything that can be done when this happens to fix the issue? ...
More likely nachos than spiders.... My solution is to never play on coin-op tables or eat nachos while playing.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More likely nachos than spiders.... My solution is to never play on coin-op tables or eat nachos while playing.

If I did that I would not be able to play as often as I want. I would have to wait till 4pm 5 days a week to play pool. I wish I could only play on 9 footer tables with non-spider pockets.

Look at the trap and know what it looks like with 15 balls. Soon you will know at a glance if it is a full rack. Address the issue before you pay or press button if prepaid.

This is a bad time of year dealing with arachnids.

I played 7 games that worked ok. The 8th did not. I did not even think to look at the trap window thing.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
So I went to a bar and played pool. I have already been to this place before so I wont bore you with the details of the place. But on game 8 when I pressed the button to release the balls 1 ball got stuck. It was the 8 ball. How common of an occurrence is this with spiders in tables? Does anyone know of anything that can be done when this happens to fix the issue? The lady behind the bar just gave me another 8 ball. They do not have any keys and the only way to really fix the issue would have been to call the pool table people. Even the pool tables at the pool hall have spiders in them.

Thanks

I tried to negotiate a game with a spider....but he high-rolled me.
Apparently he was being staked by the Dark Web.....they had unlimited funds. :eek:

686B0E73-CD99-4BFD-9493-F16A5E9027E9.jpeg

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spiders can be bad yes- but when it’s tarantula season in new mexico the bars just close down. I’ve been there before so i won’t go into all the details. You think playing the ghost is hard? Tarantulas travel in swarms, groups so thick you can’t stop them. Like when they march across the highway they just keep going and the cars and trucks drive right over them, smashing the ones under the tires like little fuzzy water balloons but they don’t care they keep marching on. And once they get inside those coin tables you can just forget it. Even if we try to get a few games at first before their season starts, it’s not fair cause the balls have this stuff on them and they don’t roll right. So yeah i’ve definitely been there. And the pool table people can’t help. They just laugh at you. And you’re right i know the tarantulas like eight balls the best so you might want to get out of there for awhile.

IbeAnEngineer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Years ago I had a friend that worked for an amusement equipment company doing repairs on the equipment that they rented out to bars. He worked on pooltables, foosball tables, pinball machines etc. He had a whole collection of small pistols and various types of contraband that he found inside the pool tables. Apparently, a lot of people would dump stuff down a pocket when a cop would walk into a place.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
As an English pool player, the notion of spiders so big that they regularly stop pool balls rolling out from the table mechanism sounds like some sort of horror movie.

A spider over here is what we call the bridge by the way.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny Bob Jewett should jump in here on this problem. I believe that this only started happening around the country after he got into a argument with King Cobra about the size of standard pool balls. Bob was firm in his belief that two and a quarter was the American standard.

But the world's foremost expert on all things table related said no. The snake named all sorts of sizes to play pool with. Now there are f'kd up tables all over in need of repair.

Blame Bob, the expert said so.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As an English pool player, the notion of spiders so big that they regularly stop pool balls rolling out from the table mechanism sounds like some sort of horror movie.

A spider over here is what we call the bridge by the way.

Shit. Some desolate places in the USA like Georgia and Wyoming have spiders so big they have been known to attack smaall animals.

They cant keep them out of the small bars and they love dark open spaces.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
An elderly friend got a brown recluse spider stuck in his shirt after chopping wood. It bit several times and left him in a bad way for a while.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I’m surprised to learn that the spiders are so big in Wyoming. I assumed they would be more prevalent in the southern states.

Shit. Some desolate places in the USA like Georgia and Wyoming have spiders so big they have been known to attack smaall animals.

They cant keep them out of the small bars and they love dark open spaces.