APA Local Team Championships. Who Else Is Vegas Bound???

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
My 8 ball team has qualified for the Nationals. First time ever to the LTC and we are going to Vegas!!! Who else is going????

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:cool:

daphish1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have our city playoffs this next week, hopefully we'll be going. Got close a couple times, got 2nd when they only sent 1st place and got third when they sent 1-2. Hopefully this year we'll get there.

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
Apa ltc

We got to double hill, double hill in our LTC finals. My friend miscued on his last object ball and left his opponent straight in on the 8 ball. We took 2nd place. No Vegas.

In the last 5 years, we've had two 2nd place finishes and a 1st.

DoomCue

David J. Baranski
Silver Member
I'll be there for the Masters event. This is my 3rd time playing in the Masters Nationals. The 2nd time, though, didn't really count since I had a broken collarbone and couldn't play. I was an excellent cheerleader, though....

I'll be staying at Circus Circus ($27/night!). Since I'm only playing Masters, I'll only be in Vegas Sunday through Thursday.

Anyone want to meet up at the Peppermill for breakfast one day? For you first-timers, Peppermill is basically right next to the Riviera, and they have good food for a good price with huge servings.

-djb

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am going to be playing Masters and hopefully team 8 ball. Our team championships our coming up this next weekend. I am on two pretty good teams.
After having to cancel 10 days in Vegas for the BCA I told me boss that I am not missing APAs in August. Of course I have two job interviews this week. I guess I will have to see how those go :(

kevin s

Tennessee
Silver Member
I was there year with a group of friends that played. Wasnt it in August last year?

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
My wife and I are going to Vegas for a week on June 26. See you at Harrah's if you are still there.

Just ask any of the BT's there if you know Ed The Book and you will get a free drink as long as you are playing VP. :rotflmao1:

stevea

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have a lot of teams for the city tournament so starting in June (the first week), we will have 3 straight weekends of the tournament and the winner from each weekend gets to go to vegas. We always send 3 teams but we use to have it all in one weekend. We would send the winner of each board and then the second place teams from each board would play for the 3 spot.

But like I said this year we have 3 different weekends and one winner from each weekend gets to go to vegas. I have one team in it but I already for my plane ticket and hotel room because my wife and I are going to go no matter what. We are staying at Sahara for $26 a night (where we stayed last year).

dirks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our tourny for Vegas called the City Wide Tourny isn't until the middle of june.

almer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have our city playoffs this next week, hopefully we'll be going. Got close a couple times, got 2nd when they only sent 1st place and got third when they sent 1-2. Hopefully this year we'll get there.
Ive never played apa,when you guys say you are sending 1 team or 2 teams,out of how many teams is that,in our BCA or VNEA we send half the teams,1 out of 2,is this different than apa,we pay about $18.00 per 27 wk schedule

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
Way to go Dan! Congratulations! Go to Vegas and have fun! Play your best game EVERY time! Hope you and your team do well!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com'

Thanks Scott. I wasn't in any kind of mental shape to play pool, and I didn't play at all in the qualifying rounds on Saturday. I think I was probably the only team captain who didn't shoot. Thankfully I didn't have to. I was only going to shoot if we were on the verge of losing. I wanted to be the guy to go down swinging. Fortunately I didn't have to, and when I did play on Sunday I played like a chump. My personal life will not be an intruding factor when I get to Vegas.

:)

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
cities are june 5-7 here in atlanta. have a team qualified so have to see how it goes. still thinking about taking the girlfriend if we don't qualify just to check it out and play in the mini-mania tournaments. i sure do love going from 9 footers we play on here to the bar boxes. especially in 9ball.

JCurry

can I use my mulligan?
Silver Member
I will be there. My Denton county (TX) 8-ball team took 1st place last week.

BBBrock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope our team makes it. I'm going on a master's team forsure. We have "tri-annuals" this coming weekend in North Orange County to see if we qualify for our "regionals" or LTC that takes place in June. I also play on a team in South Orange County that has qualified for LTCs on June 28th. Both team are 9-ball teams with a pretty good chance to advance. I also think my wife and I are going to try and play in an 8-ball doubles qualifier on June 16th since she's a 3 and I'm a 7 so hopefully we make for something. See ya out there!

daphish1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive never played apa,when you guys say you are sending 1 team or 2 teams,out of how many teams is that,in our BCA or VNEA we send half the teams,1 out of 2,is this different than apa,we pay about $18.00 per 27 wk schedule

I'm not sure on the exact number who are in the city playoffs here but probably some where around 40-48 teams in 8 ball and 30-35 in 9 ball.

I think the apa gives so many spots depending on the size of the league but don't now for sure how it's determined. So this year we might have 2 (maybe 3) teams going for 8 ball and 2 teams for 9 ball.

Our local fees are $6 a week for 3 X 14 week sessions (might be 16 don't remember). If you play in a double jeopardy league (think thats what its called, 8 & 9 ball) its' $8 a week.

Isn't BCA as long as you got your number of matches in you can go play in vegas?

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
I will be there. My Denton county (TX) 8-ball team took 1st place last week.

Congrats Josh! We lost the final in 9-ball last night to Larry Freeman's team in a very close match so we will not be getting the free trip. However, I think I am going to go anyway just to watch the teams that made it and see how everyone does.

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The APA sux and I will NEVER play again!@#

Oh, wait, what were you asking again? Did I go off subject again? :D

Congrats on you guys doing well. We were hill/hill match and game, and lost to get into the finals at our city tournament in Atlantic City, NJ...It was a full on blast, so much fun. It's tough to get to that finals match and win it.

:thumbup: