Ralf Souquet Class/matchroom Sports

COLLECTION GURU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AZ'ERS:

AS I MENTIONED IN OUR WHINING BETWEEN THE AMERICAN FANS AND THE EUROPEAN VISITORS; I SENT RALF SOUQUET A MEMO BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT, WHO I HAVE NEVER MET, MENTIONING HOW WEIRD IT FELT TO PULL FOR EARL WHO SOMETIMES ACTS TO EMBARRASS HIS TEAM AND COUNTRY OVER RALF WHO DEMONSTRATES THE CLASS THE ATHLETIC WORLD NEEDS. WITH NO REMINDER FROM ME, RALF RESPONDED TODAY WITH A CLASSY NOTE AND OFFERED TO MEET AT DCC. RALF UNDERSTANDS I AM AN AMERICAN FIRST AND ALWAYS PULL FOR MY COUNTRY WITH OR WITHOUT EARL.

I ALSO MENTIONED THAT EARL WAS PROVOKED BY DRAGO AND PEACH IN WAYS THAT I HAVE YET TO SEE MENTIONED BUT I WITNESSED. AS SOMEONE WHO WATCHED EARL AT 19 HE HAS ACTED IN WAYS MOST OF US DON'T LIKE BUT NO WORSE THAN DRAGO OR PEACH. HELL IT IS A GAME AND A LOT OF THE FUN IS ARGUING ABOUT NONSENSE AS FOR WHATEVER REASON WE PULL FOR OUR TEAM. MIKE SIGEL HAD HIS YES MAN AND EARL'S YES MEN IS THE AUDIENCE AS HE REALLY IS TALKING TO HIMSELF. AS FAR AS I KNOW, NO ONE GOT KILLED OR BRUISED AND THE EUROPEANS WON FAIR AND SQUARE ALBEIT I HATE THE RULE CHANGES BUT WE AGREED TO THEM SO THAT'S THAT.

A WORD(S) TO THE THE GREAT MATCHROOM SPORTS TEAM WHO WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL IN EVERY ASPECT I WITNESSED AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE TELECAST OF THE 4 DAYS. I WAS LUCKY TO GO WITH MY WIFE AND MOTHER-IN-LAW WHO AT 86, WAS TREATED SPECIAL BY LUKE RICHES WHICH I APPRECIATE VERY MUCH.

NEXT YEAR, I AM GOING TO TRY AND WORK WITH MATCHROOM SPORTS TO TRY AND OBTAIN TICKETS AND DISCOUNTED AIRFARE TO CHEER OUR TEAM IN EUROPE AND I WILL PREPARE CHANTS, SIGNS, SONGS AND MUSIC TO MAKE OUR MEN FEEL WELL REPRESENTED. MY LADIES REALLY ENJOYED THE EVENT AS IT WAS THEIR FIRST TOURNAMENT AND THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE BORED. GOD WILLING, WE WILL BE IN EUROPE NEXT YEAR AND HOPEFULLY WE CAN STRUCTURE COSTS SO MANY AMERICAN FANS CAN JOIN US. OUR GUYS GAVE IT THEIR BEST INCLUDING JOHNNY ARCHER'S SON WHO RECOGNIZED THAT DAD'S ARE ALWAYS THE BEST. ( JOHNNY, KIM: NEXT YEAR, TEACH JOHNNY'S SON TO TOUT YOUR POOL ROOM IN ATLANTA WHILE BEING INTERVIEWED)

RALF, SEHR GUT !!!!!!!!!!!

TorranceChris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ralf is a class act

I just want to pipe in here and say that I very much respect Ralf for how he has conducted himself in his matches. I do like Earl's fierce fire so no putting down of anyone here from me. After Ralf got caught up in the celebration, he went and made sure that he had a sincere handshake with Rodney who was understandably turned away from the celebration. Ralf seems like a guy I would like to have a beer with.:)

COLLECTION GURU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ralf

TorranceChris said:
I just want to pipe in here and say that I very much respect Ralf for how he has conducted himself in his matches. I do like Earl's fierce fire so no putting down of anyone here from me. After Ralf got caught up in the celebration, he went and made sure that he had a sincere handshake with Rodney who was understandably turned away from the celebration. Ralf seems like a guy I would like to have a beer with.:)

I HOPE TO DO JUST THAT.

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
COLLECTION GURU said:
I HOPE TO DO JUST THAT.

COLLECTION GURU,

I'm going to say this once, and once only. Stop posting in all caps. I know other people have told you that you do this, and furthermore, that they do not like it, so ignorance is no excuse. It is considered very rude both in forums, and online chat, and is the written equivalent of screaming at the top of your lungs.

If you post another post all in caps, I am going to put you on ignore, and will encourage others to do the same.

Thank you,

Russ

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
I agree with Russ. No matter how well thought out and enjoyable the content of your post is, putting it all in CAPS makes it instantly annoying and not worth my time reading.

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
Edited to correct a misperception on my part. Ima moron.. What can I say?? :D :D :D

Russ

Last edited:

COLLECTION GURU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Asshole

Russ Chewning said:
COLLECTION GURU,

I'm going to say this once, and once only. Stop posting in all caps. I know other people have told you that you do this, and furthermore, that they do not like it, so ignorance is no excuse. It is considered very rude both in forums, and online chat, and is the written equivalent of screaming at the top of your lungs.

If you post another post all in caps, I am going to put you on ignore, and will encourage others to do the same.

Thank you,

Russ

YOU SLIMY MORON; I AM THE IGNORANT IDIOT WHO SENT YOU POOL BOOKS AND VHS ACCUSTAT TAPES TO BAGHDAD BEFORE I EVER HEARD OF YOU, DIDN'T KNOW YOU, AND NOW DON'T WANT TO KNOW YOU BUT DID IT BECAUSE YOU WERE AN AMERICAN; ALBEIT AN ASSHOLE AMERICAN. AS I EXPLAINED YESTERDAY, NO ONE TELLS ME WHAT TO DO NOR HAS THE RIGHT TO DO SO AND I'M SURE NOT BEING THREATEND BY A JERK LIKE YOU. STAY SAFE AND IF YOUR LUCKY ENOUGH IN LIFE TO DO 10% OF WHAT I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED, I MAY CONSIDER AND THEN IGNORE YOUR ADVISE. WHILE I CONSIDERED YOU A HERO FOR BEING THERE, IF YOU ARE AFRAID OF BIG LETTERS, WONDER WHAT YOU DO THERE BUT WISH YOU THE BEST OF HEALTH. YOUR ATTITUDE SUCKS AND MAYBE YOU SHOULD RESPECT MY THOUGHTS AND DISAGREE AS THAT IS WHAT FREEDOM OUR TROOPS ARE THERE TO PROTECT; EVEN IN BIG LETTERS AND PINK FOR YOU AND PEACH. I HAVE BEEN AN EXECUTIVE WORLDWIDE AND COULD FORGOT MORE ABOUT CULTURES, EXCEPT I DON'T FORGET, THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW. I AM NOT CLOSE TO IGNORANT BUT WE COMMUNICATE WITH WORDS NOT COLORS OR SIZE; WHAT SIZE AND COLORS DO YOUR KIDS WRITE IN?

GLAD THE OTHER PEOPLE I SEND MONTHLY PACKAGES FOR 3.5 YEARS TO IN BAGHDAD ARE MORE GRATEFUL THAN YOU. MERRY CHRISTMAS

BY THE WAY, DID IT OCCUR TO YOU I MAY HAVE A VISION ISSUE?

JOHN ROUSSEAU

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i like caps they are easier to read, Marcus awalys uses them, i'm not so sensitive that they bother me they are merely letters that convey ones thoughts....

i met Ralf this week, he is a great guy we chatted for 15 or 20 minutes and then again after they won. a true professional in all ways and a good roll model for alot of people.

COLLECTION GURU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wish I Could Have Met You There

Fatboy said:
i like caps they are easier to read, Marcus awalys uses them, i'm not so sensitive that they bother me they are merely letters that convey ones thoughts....

i met Ralf this week, he is a great guy we chatted for 15 or 20 minutes and then again after they won. a true professional in all ways and a good roll model for alot of people.

ARE YOU GOING TO DCC?

Cuebacca

________
Silver Member
Dear Sir, normally I just skip over posts in all caps. No offense to you and perhaps you don't care. No problem. I just thought I'd let you know, as other people probably do the same and skip the all-caps posts.

If there is a vision issue at play here, and you want to make all the posts bigger (including everyone else's), you can try the following:

Hold on the CTRL key on the keyboard, and the roll the mouse wheel down. That should make all the fonts bigger for you, while not affecting what other people see. That might be more comfortable for you.

Again, nothing personal; to me, it's similar to reading gray letters on a black background if that helps you understand where I'm coming from. It does also give the feeling like you're being yelled at. I hope I've expressed myself politely and hope it makes sense.

Cheers,
Cuebacca

bruceree

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Multiple people kindly ask you to stop posting like this, and you go off on a massive, nonsensical, immature, rude, and confusing tirade?

Sad.

"
BY THE WAY, DID IT OCCUR TO YOU I MAY HAVE A VISION ISSUE?"

There are ways you can increase font size in your browser for every page you view.

did you ever think of other people, who view this message board on small screens, blackberrys or Cell phones?

COLLECTION GURU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another One

bruceree said:
Multiple people kindly ask you to stop posting like this, and you go off on a massive, nonsensical, immature, rude, and confusing tirade?

Sad.

"
BY THE WAY, DID IT OCCUR TO YOU I MAY HAVE A VISION ISSUE?"

There are ways you can increase font size in your browser for every page you view.

did you ever think of other people, who view this message board on small screens, blackberrys or Cell phones?

READ RUSS' NOTE; IF THAT DOESN'T JUSTIFY MY RESPONSE THAN SKIP MINE AND FATBOY AND I WILL JUST WRITE EACH OTHER. BY THE WAY, I DIDN'T SAY I HAVE A VISION ISSUE DID I? PERHAPS YOU SHOULD READ MORE CLOSELY? IF THEY READ ON A CELL, THEY HAVE A VISION ISSUE I GUESS AND NOT THE WRITER. I READ ON MY BLACKBERRY, CELL AND I-PHONE AND MAKE DO. SORRY I DIFFER IN RESPONDING TO RC AFTER HE GIVES ME HIS FINAL DEMAND EVEN AFTER MY GIFT TO HIM, A TOTAL STRANGER; NOW I JUST KNOW HE IS JUST "STRANGER". BY THE WAY, LAST YEAR I BOUGHT 400 WPBA TICKETS FOR RETURNING IRAQ MARINES FROM THE SAN DIEGO BASE AND DESPITE RC'S LACK OF GRATITUDE, I INTEND TO DO EVEN MORE IN
2008. AS LAST YEAR, THE NOTIFICATION TO OUR HEROES FOR THE TICKETS WILL BE IN CAPS; DIDN'T SCARE THEM LAST YEAR AS THEY WERE MORE APPRECIATIVE OF THE GESTURE THAN THE SIZE OR COLORS OF THE LETTERS DISTRIBUTED TO EACH OF THEM ANNOUNCING THE EVENT.

I CAN'T QUIT NOW AS I WILL BE PERCEIVED AS HAVE GIVEN IN TO THE INSECURITIES OF A FEW.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guru,
some people feel like they are sort of like "Police" here on these forums. i know that Russ guy has trashed & bashed me many times. i am like you in that while i admire the fact that he is in Iraq, i think he needs to realize he is just another poster on here. nothing more, nothing less. everyone has the right to their opinion, but when they start telling others what to do, well, that seems pretty ridiculous to me.

if he had a problem with your caps why didnt he just POLITELY tell you? and from reading his post it sounds like he thinks he owns the forum, or else thinks he is the most senior & respected member/poster in here, and others will follow his advice.

just ignore him.

DCP

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
DCP he has been politely asked many times and he's said himself he will continue to post in capitals because he 'doesn't want to back down to weaker people'.

i can honestly say i didn't refuse to read your posts collection guru out of principle, but i just couldnt be arsed to read them in caps.

writing in capitals is the text equivalent of shouting in case you didn't know. just stop being immature and write in lower case! it's not that hard.