USPS Warning

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a cue shipped out 6/18 two day priority. Shipper was told it would be two days late. It was insured for several thousand dollars.

Tracking was very sporadic and stopped altogether on 6/27. I receive notifications via text message.

Shipper tells me the package is out for delivery on 7/6. I hear the postal truck drive away and go outside. The box is just sitting on my doorstep. They didn't even ring the doorbell. Then I get notification saying left with individual.

Insurance over $500 requires a signature. USPS stated that due to covid they will not have anyone sign for packages. They also said if someone had stolen it that insurance would not be paid because it was delivered to the correct address.

I have always used USPS in the past but I think I am taking my business elsewhere due to what happened above.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I concur.

I shipped a cue, albeit and inexpensive cue using 3 day Priority without any additional insurance on June 21st. I set it for signature required. Today it only has two entries in the tracking history. One on June 21 when it was received and one on June 25 stating that:

"Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to it's final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility".

Translation = we lost your package

You must wait 15 days to file a claim when using 3 day. I filed a claim on day 15 and it's already been paid but only for $50 plus the shipping cost.

Lesson learned, buy extra insurance no matter how cheap the cue is and be prepared to provide proof of value.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I concur.

I shipped a cue, albeit and inexpensive cue using 3 day Priority without any additional insurance on June 21st. I set it for signature required. Today it only has two entries in the tracking history. One on June 21 when it was received and one on June 25 stating that:

"Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to it's final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility".

You must wait 15 days to file a claim when using 3 day. I filed a claim on day 15 and it's already been paid but only for $50 plus the shipping cost.

Lesson learned, buy extra insurance no matter how cheap the cue is and be prepared to provide proof of value.

Proof of sale price, not proof of value

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I concur.

Mine had the same message as yours until it was out for delivery. Sorry to hear that. Maybe it will still show up.

NathanDetroit

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've gotten those messages, but knly problem was tardiness.

Today received notice a 3 day priority envelope arrived early.

Some things may be improved

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a cue shipped out 6/18 two day priority. Shipper was told it would be two days late. It was insured for several thousand dollars.

Tracking was very sporadic and stopped altogether on 6/27. I receive notifications via text message.

Shipper tells me the package is out for delivery on 7/6. I hear the postal truck drive away and go outside. The box is just sitting on my doorstep. They didn't even ring the doorbell. Then I get notification saying left with individual.

Insurance over $500 requires a signature. USPS stated that due to covid they will not have anyone sign for packages. They also said if someone had stolen it that insurance would not be paid because it was delivered to the correct address.

I have always used USPS in the past but I think I am taking my business elsewhere due to what happened above.

Ordinarily I would suggest registered mail but I'm not sure about how covid is impacting that.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine had the same message as yours until it was out for delivery. Sorry to hear that. Maybe it will still show up.

I wonder if since the claim was paid, if found, the item is property of carrier?

I would think claimants have to sign a release of further claims in order to get paid?

edwu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had particular bad experiences with Fed Ex. For expensive cues, I usually pay the extra to ship USPS overnight express (Usually around $50) and never had issues.

BigFish23

Registered
Similar USPS service recently. I wonder if there's something wrong with their delivery system.

Ordered cue off of eBay. It shipped on June 26. 3-day Select with tracking. Arrived yesterday. It took over a week to get from NJ to MN.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Similar USPS service recently. I wonder if there's something wrong with their delivery system.

Ordered cue off of eBay. It shipped on June 26. 3-day Select with tracking. Arrived yesterday. It took over a week to get from NJ to MN.

Glad you got your cue.

I think the simple fact is they are understaffed. That is still no excuse for taking 3 weeks to deliver a package which was sent priority. We are paying extra for a service they are not providing. The shipping on cue I received was $80.

I am also very uncomfortable sending/receiving a package which will not be signed for upon receipt. What if it is beat to hell? I don't know if I have any recourse with USPS if I take it up there the next day. At least with a signature, I can tell them to take it back to the post office so I can go up there and open it in front of an employee.

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same here

Waited way too long on a 250 item that can’t be replaced ie., old stock new meucci-discontinued item from private eBay seller. Left setting on my porch in apartment complex.
USPS—-Terrible. Set in Nashville post office days.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
There are numerous ways around the issues you speak of.

Fed Ex hold package at the location, Amazon locker storage, USPS hold at location.

Pool players and stick flippers like F+F and saving by not insuring for full value, and God forbid someone inflates the value of a stick.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you all on about? Of course service is WAY slower now! 10 times as many people are ordering to their doors instead of going to stores.

Even when I order stuff from Amazon, and it is shipped with Amazon drivers (Not USPS), it takes 2 weeks to get to my house, whereas pre-corona it took 2 days.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you all on about? Of course service is WAY slower now! 10 times as many people are ordering to their doors instead of going to stores.

Even when I order stuff from Amazon, and it is shipped with Amazon drivers (Not USPS), it takes 2 weeks to get to my house, whereas pre-corona it took 2 days.

Tell 'um.

Tell 'um.

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had zero issues shipping my cue with UPS up to Jacoby for a Kevin DeRoo custom extension recently, neither to or from.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

When you order things on Amazon, do they tell you it will take two days or two weeks up front? Have their rates changed based on how long it takes to deliver?

It doesn't make much sense to pay a big premium on shipping if two day can turn into three weeks anyway. Their website says no guarantee on priority now.

I do not think it is unreasonable to expect the service you are paying for. If they say they cannot deliver in the time frame as stated, then don't offer it as a service.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are numerous ways around the issues you speak of.

Fed Ex hold package at the location, Amazon locker storage, USPS hold at location.

Pool players and stick flippers like F+F and saving by not insuring for full value, and God forbid someone inflates the value of a stick.

That's true. May have to use hold at location in the future.

There are various reasons for using F&F vs goods but I think that is a discussion for another thread. Typically I insist on goods when spending over 1k dollars.

I am thankful I have never had to file an insurance claim and hope that I never do. It sounds like a nightmare. They have no problem taking the money for insurance but it is said to be very hard to collect.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Both UPS, and USPS have a common problems, employees are protected by UNIONS. Like a shotgun with busted Griffey spring, not fire able, or very difficult at best.

USPS is not too difficult to deal with if a loss, or damage claim, if your ducks are in a row. Kneep receipts showing value, have photos of item shipped, etc..

UPS - Brown likes collecting insurance money, they hate paying any claims. First thing they drop on you is show us the package, then point to fine print about requirement on all side of two inches of protective packing material.

I like USPS Priority Mail, but also buy full value insurance, to cover problems.

But am now dealing with over due package that has not been on the radar in 4 days.:(. Me not real happy.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both UPS, and USPS have a common problems, employees are protected by UNIONS. Like a shotgun with busted Griffey spring, not fire able, or very difficult at best.

USPS is not too difficult to deal with if a loss, or damage claim, if your ducks are in a row. Kneep receipts showing value, have photos of item shipped, etc..

UPS - Brown likes collecting insurance money, they hate paying any claims. First thing they drop on you is show us the package, then point to fine print about requirement on all side of two inches of protective packing material.

I like USPS Priority Mail, but also buy full value insurance, to cover problems.

But am now dealing with over due package that has not been on the radar in 4 days.:(. Me not real happy.

Thank you for the info.

Hopefully your package is found soon and delivered.