US Open 10-ball

Denis The Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks, I was wondering about feed, but got email yesterday from CSI with link to purchase feed. I got both events for 65.00 which is pretty good.

Go Cornerman

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks, I was wondering about feed, but got email yesterday from CSI with link to purchase feed. I got both events for 65.00 which is pretty good.

Let us know how the stream is for the current "sale" price of $70.

So currently showing 45 signed up for 10 Ball and 34 for the 8 Ball.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Starts today at 11am PDT/2am EDT. Lots of big names. George and I in the booth.

For ChrisNC, it’s a CSI-sanctioned event, so CSI 10-ball rules.

http://www.playcsipool.com/watch-live.html
Fred, thanks for letting me know. I just read through the CSI 10-ball rules. I see nothing in the written rules regarding calling a safety, so I assume if you don't call a shot, it is basically assumed that you are playing a safety? This means the necessity to call every single shot - even when it is super obvious? I also see nothing in the written CSI 10-ball rules about an opponent having an option to pass a missed shot back to the shooter who misses a called shot, so I assume they are not offering that option? The only time an option to pass the shot back (other than after the push-out following the break) is when a player illegally pockets a ball not called.

Last edited:

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fred, thanks for letting me know. I just read through the CSI 10-ball rules. I see nothing in the written rules regarding calling a safety, so I assume if you don't call a shot, it is basically assumed that you are playing a safety? This means the necessity to call every single shot - even when it is super obvious? I also see nothing in the written CSI 10-ball rules about an opponent having an option to pass a missed shot back to the shooter who misses a called shot, so I assume they are not offering that option? The only time an option to pass the shot back (other than after the push-out following the break) is when a player illegally pockets a ball not called.

I don't think it is that complicated. Call the ball unless its obvious. If you miss, the other player is up and plays the balls where they lay. No "option" and no need to call safe.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does the 10b have to be made last or can it be combo'd/carom'd to win?
According to the CSI 10-ball rules I just read, you can win if you call the 10-ball and the pocket you are playing it in, during the game, on a legal hit. However, you can't call more than one ball on any shot, so if you call another ball and make the 10-ball in addition, it spots back up but you do get to keep shooting.

If you call the 10-ball and don't make it, but you make another ball instead (regardless of whether you intended to make it or not), you lose your shot and your opponent has the option to pass it back to you.

I personally don't like this rule, as you can call the 10-ball as often as you want, but if doesn't go and you don't pocket any other ball, and you get a lucky leave, your opponent is stuck with it and does not have the option to pass it back. I think there should be some options available for the opponent if someone takes a stab at making the 10 ball during the game, calls the 10 and misses, and gets a lucky roll and leaves their opponent hooked.

It just doesn't seem fair/consistent to me when if they happen to make another object ball on that shot, the opponent does have an option to pass it back, but if they don't make another object ball on that shot, they don't have the option to pass it back.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to the CSI 10-ball rules I just read, you can win if you call the 10-ball and the pocket you are playing it in, during the game, on a legal hit. However, you can't call more than one ball on any shot, so if you call another ball and make the 10-ball in addition, it spots back up but you do get to keep shooting.

If you call the 10-ball and don't make it, but you make another ball you intended to make, you lose your shot and your opponent has the option to pass it back to you.

I personally don't like this rule, as you can call the 10-ball as often as you want, but if doesn't go and you get a lucky leave, your opponent is stuck with it and does not have the option to pass it back.
To each his own. I like these rules. I like the 2-way shot. Not a fan of call shot/call safe. Just my $.02, nothing more.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
10 ball rules

On an illegally pocketed ball, opponent has the option of accepting the table or requiring other player to shoot.

That’s probably the most pertinent difference to 9 ball style—-IMHO

Mark griffin