John Schmidt Watch - May 2019

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
In the last week (approx), John hit a 420 (edit: 421), 350, and last night reached 490.

That’s some off the hook $hit right there. There’s a unique combination of skill and OCD that is simply amazing.

Freddie <~~~ go John

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
what are those numbers freddie?

Julian

9E1BAD0D-0194-4BF5-94EA-B8281D547B36.jpeg

——————

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the last week (approx), John hit a 420, 350, and last night reached 490.

That’s some off the hook $hit right there. There’s a unique combination of skill and OCD that is simply amazing.

Freddie <~~~ go John

490!!

Almost Mr. 500....he must have felt exhausted missing at 490.....
That's great.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
You can sense it, he's gonna do it. Given the number of years he's dedicated to breaking the record, nobody's name would be more fitting above Mosconi's in the record books.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
damn 490 is close.

he would break 527 for sure on an 8ft.

If they switched to an 8 footer at Derby City, 527 would fall in the very first year, and 1,000 would be quite possible. Even so, I'd call a 1,000 on an eight footer much less of an accomplishment than Cranfield's 420 on a 10-footer.

Switching to an 8-footer would be like lowering the basket on a basketball court. A lot more people could dunk!

John will get the exhibition record on a 9-footer. I'm very confident of it. Patience.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the last week (approx), John hit a 420, 350, and last night reached 490.

Freddie <~~~ go John

Hey Freddie, do you know if these runs that fall short will ever be streamed/posted? I'm sure the record breaker will be for sale, of which id buy it, especially if John does a running commentary (like he did in Accu-Stats player review 14.1 series).

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they switched to an 8 footer at Derby City, 527 would fall in the very first year, and 1,000 would be quite possible. Even so, I'd call a 1,000 on an eight footer much less of an accomplishment than Cranfield's 420 on a 10-footer.

Switching to an 8-footer would be like lowering the basket on a basketball court. A lot more people could dunk!

John will get the exhibition record on a 9-footer. I'm very confident of it. Patience.

Now that would be a Derby event to remember! What are the odds that a novelty table could be built to the same Mosconi record table specs by diamond (remember they made a no side pockets table for Earl). That would be quite interesting to see how the best 14.1 players out there like John, Thorsten, Filler, etc would perform in the heat of the moment.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
wow a 490? i didnt even know about that, oh ok it was just last night
a new high for him

dammmnnn

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow a 490? i didnt even know about that, oh ok it was just last night
a new high for him

dammmnnn
I'm guessing that's as close as anyone has been to 526 in a long time. It has to be a huge letdown to get that close - running 35 complete racks and within 2-1/2 racks of the record, and then (I'm guessing) missing on the break shot? He knows now more than ever that he can do it, and he needs to stay at it until he does! I'd love to know the side and corner pocket specs on this table he is currently playing on?

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm guessing that's as close as anyone has been to 526 in a long time. It has to be a huge letdown to get that close - running 35 complete racks and within 2-1/2 racks of the record, and then (I'm guessing) missing on the break shot? He knows now more than ever that he can do it, and he needs to stay at it until he does! I'd love to know the side and corner pocket specs on this table he is currently playing on?

All of these three runs were misses or scratches on the break ball. With John’s Facebook video, he said he was both elated and ready to jump off the proverbial bridge. At 450, he started really tightening up.

Edit: the youtube video shows 421, which suggests he missed the ball after the break

Freddie <~~~ tightens at 28

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey Freddie, do you know if these runs that fall short will ever be streamed/posted? I'm sure the record breaker will be for sale, of which id buy it, especially if John does a running commentary (like he did in Accu-Stats player review 14.1 series).

John’s wife is putting them up on Youtube on his channel: mr400 schmidt

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now that would be a Derby event to remember! What are the odds that a novelty table could be built to the same Mosconi record table specs by diamond (remember they made a no side pockets table for Earl). That would be quite interesting to see how the best 14.1 players out there like John, Thorsten, Filler, etc would perform in the heat of the moment.

No need for Diamond to get involved, just get an 8' Brunswick Sport King with 5" pockets. That's what Mosconi ran 526 on.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Freddie, where is John playing at?

I know he will be going to Monterey CA later this month.....

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member

Think the YouTube is Mr400 Schmidt.

The 490 isn't up yet, he said a couple days