Why delete photos of sold items?

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I agree that the prices should be removed.

For those that say you remove the pictures because it's not yours anymore, are you saying that you have gone through every picture you have ever posted online and removed it once you know longer own the item?

Like I said before I remove pics when requested by the buyer.
Personally I don't keep any pics once the cue is gone.
I delete them all, I have no interest in looking at pics of past cues.
Sometimes I forget, then spend 20 minutes deleting pics.
Plus all the pics people text me everyday are automatically uploaded so I have those to delete as well.

Pics pics and more pics.
I get messages from guys wanting more pics when my post has a pic of every inch of the cue.
Guys even want pics of cues already sold.
Pics are my life

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the cue is sold, IMO it'd be better to delete the WHOLE post..
for some reason this site won't let you do that, threads stay
there forever. Kind of annoying to click on a for sale item only
to find the SOLD in red... even an icon in the main For Sale
page that a user could mark his item sold would save some time.

$.02

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I agree that the prices should be removed.

For those that say you remove the pictures because it's not yours anymore, are you saying that you have gone through every picture you have ever posted online and removed it once you know longer own the item?

If it's about the sale of the item, then yes I do. Every Ebay posting, forum listing, Facebook OBM picture of the item that has been sold by me is erased or at least marked as sold, with the pic taken down.

It would be absurd to ask to delete every photo of me shooting with the cue, or pics of me holding the cue/shooting on a home table that was once mine..... come on now let's be critical thinkers here.

I get it, you want record and photo evidence of what was sold between two people, for some reason or another. Be it the pictures, wanting to know the price it went, or both or something else.

The beauty of a free market society is that it ain't up to you or any other third party to decide what needs to stay on that listing once the sale is complete.

The sale posting involves everyone able to see and read it on a forum/website. Once that's been narrowed down to just the buyer and seller, that's the only business in the mix. Anything they do/don't do henceforth is between them.

Just my .02 - no need to take it to the bank.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sucks when pictures of your cue are used by phished ebay accounts in phony listing after phony listing after phony listing.

pm's here about a cue 8 years after it's sold are less annoying, but annoying still.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not true that other markets don't remove historical listings.

Absolutely overstatement that cues are the only market to do it. Perhaps even an outright lie.

Because when that person goes to rip off the next person with their overpriced stick to push balls around with they don’t want him to see how much they or anyone paid for it.

Does anyone else in the selling world do this? Do people that sell exotic cars delete a post after its sold? I’ve never seen this on any car forum. Only on here.. It’s just a cue stick. Something you use to push balls in holes. Lol

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
imo, This is much ado about nothing. For Christ's sake, we're talking about pool cues!

Who cares what was the advertised price of a cue that was previously sold? Asking price is not necessarily the sale price and regardless, on resale a cue sells for the market value at that time. As a buyer, I couldn't care less whether a seller found a cue at a tag sale or at Goodwill for 10 cents on the dollar.

As you probably know the purchase prices of all of your homes is public information as are pictures.

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's about the sale of the item, then yes I do. Every Ebay posting, forum listing, Facebook OBM picture of the item that has been sold by me is erased or at least marked as sold, with the pic taken down.

It would be absurd to ask to delete every photo of me shooting with the cue, or pics of me holding the cue/shooting on a home table that was once mine..... come on now let's be critical thinkers here.

I get it, you want record and photo evidence of what was sold between two people, for some reason or another. Be it the pictures, wanting to know the price it went, or both or something else.

The beauty of a free market society is that it ain't up to you or any other third party to decide what needs to stay on that listing once the sale is complete.

The sale posting involves everyone able to see and read it on a forum/website. Once that's been narrowed down to just the buyer and seller, that's the only business in the mix. Anything they do/don't do henceforth is between them.

Just my .02 - no need to take it to the bank.

Honestly, it's less about a record of a sale as it is I simply want to look at nice cues because I enjoy the craftsmanship. It sucks when I google Titlist conversion cues and 4 million threads on AZB pop up but none of them have pictures.

And I agree, you can't delete everything but that's kind of my point, if you can't delete everything - then why bother?

sucks when pictures of your cue are used by phished ebay accounts in phony listing after phony listing after phony listing.

pm's here about a cue 8 years after it's sold are less annoying, but annoying still.

I've had that stuff happen as well and I just try to help them out as much as I can but ultimately my philosophy is - no worries. I can't stop people from stealing my stuff and I'm not about to spend time deleting pictures so that doesn't happen, I simply don't care.

imo, This is much ado about nothing. For Christ's sake, we're talking about pool cues!

Who cares what the advertised price of a cue that was previously sold? Asking price is not necessarily the sale price and regardless, something sells for market value. As a buyer, I couldn't care less whether a seller found a cue at a tag sale or at Goodwill for 10 cents on the dollar of it's value.

As you probably know the purchase prices of all of your homes is public information as are pictures.

I do think the selling price should be kept private but I agree there is no reason to remove the asking price and/or pictures.

And thanks for all the responses. As I mentioned earlier (in this post), I simply like to look at cues, sometimes for hours, and I get bummed out when I click a for sale ad that has no pictures so I figured I would ask.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I agree, as much as all I want to do is see examples of great Dufferin conversions, it's frustrating every time the search directs me here because I know most pictures are going to be taken down.

And it's a shame because the enthusiasts that come here have some great selections. All said, I understand it has to be so.