View Single Post
2018 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!
Old
  (#64)
poolplayher
AzB Silver Member
poolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via Skype™ to poolplayher 
2018 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge! - 07-26-2018, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekur1 View Post
Nice Shooting. you pocket very well.

You should definitley seek instruction in 14.1 from someone who knows the game and patterns. Quite a few times you were on the right path, but you changed things up which caused some issues. you had some much better patterns you could of played. and a few times i think you may have fallen into position as for you were not playing to be there.

Just an observation

keep shooting well !

-Steve

Thanks Seth and Steve!

Steve, I do recognize I didnít approach the table properly throughout the racks like I was instructed to, even while I was shooting I recognized it. I had non-14.1 things Iím working on that was my primary focus, yet I still try to play the game as often as possible. As for 14.1, i know I shouldíve identified break and key ball as early as possible, knock out rail balls (when cue is at narrow angle or steep angle only if i have insurance ball to pocket once cue comes off rail and into cluster) and balls that block other balls from being pocketed in corner pocket. I know right out the gate I need to analyze the table to see what goes where and what balls can be pocketed to open up clusters, if possible, opening up away from the break ball. I know I shouldnít go into a cluster except i know i have an insurance ball to pocket. I know that my last balls should ideally be square in shape so that all i need to do is pretty much stop shots down to an ideal break shot position for the cueball, etc etc.

In spite of my novice run, Iím still very proud of my run! Iím even more proud of my progress on the things Iíve been working on. All in all, those things plus what I was taught in 14.1 will gel and you will see even higher runs from me. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

#TeamMcDermott

Last edited by poolplayher; 07-26-2018 at 03:50 AM.