Looking for router mount for AXA tool holder

JC

Coos Cues
I want to mount a router pointing directly toward the stock on my metal lathe (perpendicular to the stock) on my AXA tool post for quick usage.

I bought a mount for my Kress router from Preson Jeter a couple years ago and would like something solid and sanitary and quick change like that. I currently don't know how to get a hold of Preston to see if he might be able to help. I found him on FB last time and I don't have FB any more.

I do not have the router to use either so I'm looking to buy the mount and the router to fit it. Something that could be clamped into an AXA tool holder would be ok.

I could use my Kress router by unclamping it from the mount and changing the configuration but want quick change. Just a little laminate router I can throw on there as needed.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Last edited:

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
I use a fordom 5240 with this mount. It works great.

Larry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 237

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
The mount came with the Fordom. I don't know where it came from. The OD of the body is .994" so it should fit BXA gun drill holder

Oops just saw you were looking for an AXA holder. The one pictured is for an AXA.
Larry

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
How about variable speed Makita grinder housed in delrin and alumimun?
It is long fwiw.
Can thread and route holes.
Cable is a little rough but works.
$99 plus $20 for shipping.

Attachments

• makita2.jpg
    makita2.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 233
  • makita.jpg
    makita.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 223
  • makita3.jpg
    makita3.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 212

JC

Coos Cues
The mount came with the Fordom. I don't know where it came from. The OD of the body is .994" so it should fit BXA gun drill holder

Oops just saw you were looking for an AXA holder. The one pictured is for an AXA.
Larry

I haven't even considered a setup like this Larry. You must have got it used since you don't know who made the mount? A little pricey for what I want to do new and still need to come up with a mount.

How about variable speed Makita grinder housed in delrin and alumimun?
It is long fwiw.
Can thread and route holes.
Cable is a little rough but works.
$99 plus $20 for shipping.

That looks like it will do the job but seems a bit large for mounting out toward the operator like I want to do.

I actually have a nice mount with a 2 3/4 id hole but can't find a router to fit it. It came with the Kress router and had a large round wooden shim inside of it to make it fit the router but it didn't tighten up securely with so much wooden shim. If I could get a router that is round and closer to the size of this mount I could make another shim for it.

Thanks

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I haven't even considered a setup like this Larry. You must have got it used since you don't know who made the mount? A little pricey for what I want to do new and still need to come up with a mount.

That looks like it will do the job but seems a bit large for mounting out toward the operator like I want to do.

I actually have a nice mount with a 2 3/4 id hole but can't find a router to fit it. It came with the Kress router and had a large round wooden shim inside of it to make it fit the router but it didn't tighten up securely with so much wooden shim. If I could get a router that is round and closer to the size of this mount I could make another shim for it.

Thanks

JC
Kress is much smaller. I used a delrin sleeve .
Makita router is 2.550".
Can you make a Delrin sleeve ?

JC

Coos Cues
Makita variable speed palm router.
makita-rt0701

Well it turns out the answer was right under my nose. Bosch colt fits the mount I have like a glove. The reason I say right under my nose is because I have one already on the shaft machine I built so I took it out and tried it on.

Sorry for needing you guys to make my mind work.:sorry:

Will send off for another one of these routers and problem solved nicely.

_DSC3599.jpg

Last edited: