Thread: 3/8X12 Pin
View Single Post
Old
  (#10)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member
Michael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-20-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuesblues View Post
I have owned and played with every vintage of Ernie Martinez cue including several
cues from the 3/8-16 era at Showcase, every Josswest vintage with 3 different Acme
pins, and 2 different radials including the prototype radials from the early 90's, all
years of Schon, big & small pin Tad's, and South West.
Some stuff is interchangeable, some isn't, a few are close so there is some
interchangeability, and typically I remember from cue to cue.
I still own several but owning and collecting (accumulating) this stuff is not working
on them with the dimensions on the tip of your tongue.
I know about most of the variances from year to year but I don't work on them.
(We are almost done with our first sneaky)
You however know all the dimensions, have the tooling to work on them, plus you remember everything.
I doubt there is another cuemaker on the planet who can do what you do, it's truly amazing.
Like a cuemakers cuemaker.
It's not easy, you have to be exposed to it plus have the interest and intelligence to figure out what's happening.
I find it amazing that you actually have all the tooling, and have worked with every one of them.

Thank you very much. I have mandrells every where. I consider myself lucky that I have them. In the 90's I worked a lot of tournaments with different tours. East coast to the CPA tour in Canada. Having the right tools is essential. I am loyal to my roots and to Cue makers. I respect and protect thier name and cues the best I can. I Always have. That helps in getting the tools you need. I have the taps too and most of the dies. I had all of them made special order so I could make shafts at Tournaments. Widell use to love me. Lol

Best Wishes
Michael Webb
webbcues@cox.net